#61  Postby Thommo » Jul 19, 2010 2:17 am

Huh? :scratch:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xywqv1cDH8[/youtube]
Thommo

Print view this post

Re: Huh?

#62  Postby iamthereforeithink » Jul 19, 2010 2:51 am

Matty the Damned wrote:
iamthereforeithink wrote:I contend that Zeus is unreal and Hellenism is false, because there are 4 days in one earth rotation and a 4 corner square rotating 1/4 turn creates a full circle. A full rotated square will create 16 corners, 96 hours and 4 simultaneous 24 hour Day circles within only a single imaginary cubed Earth rotation.*

*Ref: Dr. Gene Ray, 2009

Time Cube FTW!

I love Gene Ray. He's a hoot.

MtD

Yup. Denial of Cubic Truth will get you nowhere. I exhort the OP to shun the satanic cult of hellenism, and accept the divine ungodly truth of Cubism into his life.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
iamthereforeithink

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#63  Postby Lazar » Jul 19, 2010 9:18 am

!
MODNOTE
I edited Sterling's post on the previous page to remove the links which reverted to an advertising website. If your post has been altered, this is why.

Thanks,

Lazar

Spinozasgalt: "And how come no one ever sigs me?"
Lazar

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#64  Postby Millefleur » Jul 19, 2010 10:25 am

I like cheese. Omnomnom.
This post was brought to you by Millefleur's Mature Responses™

Millefleur

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#65  Postby eddie.zdi » Jul 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Ok Sterling, lets go.
Right first off, science proves the universe is 4.54 billion years old, THIS DOESN'T FIT WITH ANY CREATION MYTH.
I really would love to wander through the world of Ancient Greek Myth, as I regularly do in God of War, but I can disprove the entire theologic cluster-fuck that it is with one word.
GEOGRAPHY
Throughout the myths of the ancient greeks, which by the way have one of the best overall plotlines outside of Marvel Comics, we are constantly told of journeys to the underworld and yet one of these entrances has never been found but the absolute knock-out blow of the entire geography argument is this ZEUS IS SUPPOSED TO LIVE ATOP MOUNT OLYMPUS. For a full debunking please climb said mountain and shout his name real loud and see if he turns up... oh wait a minute you can't climb it can you, then you'll need a FUCKING PEGASUS.
Like the many twats who have had Klingon Weddings you have mistaken a story for a religion, please take your intellectual fuck-wittery elsewhere before I have to logic your tiny mind out of existence, from the quality of your posts may I suggest the YouTube comments section.
Last edited by eddie.zdi on Jul 19, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Science is the lawman of ignorance" - Me 1984 - ????
eddie.zdi

Name: Daniel Edwards

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#66  Postby argumentativealex » Jul 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Right first off, science proves the universe is 4.54 billion years old,

May I gently point out that science can offer no proof of anything? The best that science can ever say is that (insert conclusion here) is the most probable explanation of the available evidence.
idofcourse - "That God created the universe is so obvious the Bible doesn’t even bother with a proof."
answersingenesis "This article is available in an attractive booklet to share with anyone who is not willing to read a book"
argumentativealex

Print view this post

#67  Postby eddie.zdi » Jul 19, 2010 8:20 pm

... ok yeah I'll give you that but when it's the most likely outcome by an incredibly high margin then I choose to see that as proof.
eddie.zdi

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#68  Postby HughMcB » Jul 19, 2010 8:22 pm

!
MODNOTE
eddie.zdi,

Your posts here and here are in breech of the Forum Users Agreement, namely, these comments;
eddie.zdi wrote:Ok Sterling, lets go.
YOU ARE AN IDIOT
eddie.zdi wrote:Here's a gap, science doesn't currently understand how a someone as backward-ass retarded as Polyani manages to type this cocktwaddle.

Furthermore, you created a a critical thread about another member which is also in breech of the FUA.
You may not:

• Start critical threads about other members or share PMs (private messages) without the member’s permission. The exception to this is where staff might need to disclose PMs from members to other staff re: complaints or questions of forum policy;

As such you are receiving an advisory to desist from any further such posting habits or you may receive formal action. Please keep in mind to robustly criticize the argument, not the poster. I also strongly urge you to familiarize yourself with the FUA if you have not done so already.

Thanks,
HughMcB
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#69  Postby pawiz » Jul 19, 2010 8:23 pm

How did I know :this: was coming? I must be a prophet.
It is my deeply held belief that (insert name of favored deity here) is a complete fuckwit. Please respect my beliefs.
pawiz

Name: Paul
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#70  Postby DaveD » Jul 19, 2010 8:25 pm

pawiz wrote:How did I know :this: was coming? I must be a prophet.

Divine revelation? :whistle:
DaveD

Name: Dave Davis
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#71  Postby eddie.zdi » Jul 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Sorry I've removed the offending quotes... I'm having a bad day. I just really wish on one occasion someone would at least pretend to have some evidence for their point of view
eddie.zdi

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#72  Postby klazmon » Jul 19, 2010 11:12 pm

eddie.zdi wrote:Sorry I've removed the offending quotes... I'm having a bad day. I just really wish on one occasion someone would at least pretend to have some evidence for their point of view

You mean the OP was serious :think: . I thought it was just a bit of humor. A sort of creationist parody using the Hellenistic gods instead of the usual Abrahamic ones.
klazmon

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#73  Postby The Damned » Jul 19, 2010 11:15 pm

Sterling wrote:I win!

Meh I won the internet twice last week, and am officially most winningest in the history of webs. So what.

does this mean I have to accept that Zeus is real though? What's the protocol on this one?
If you can't beat them kick them.
The Damned
Banned User

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#74  Postby ADParker » Jul 20, 2010 10:41 am

Sterling wrote:I was reading the Evolution is wrong and Zeus is real! page and alot of it is a bunch of crap. I am a real prationer of Hellenism and it contradicts with the works and days, the theogony, and the Bibliotheca. I want to debate someone on why the gods aren't real. BRING IT ON!

It's simple Sterling: you make your claims and arguments for them, and people will address them.
_________
Sterling wrote:I win!

Demonstarting your lack of interest in actually establishing anything, but nothing more than "winning" a debate. Even if only due to no one bothering to take you up on it. Truly pathetic.

Sterling wrote:You should be able to skeptic me but you are just making excuses.
WHY IS ZEUS NOT REAL?

Do not start by trying to shift the burden of proof. You claim this entity is real, can you provide any reason why anybody should believe you (any more than we should believe the Raelians?)
Sterling wrote:
OR IMMORAL?

Have you actually read the various Zeus Myths?! It's all a bit of a soap opera really.

Sterling wrote:
It simply doesn't make sense to belive in something and not listen to all the religions why are they not real?

Um what? You do realise that you are challenging people who don't believe something, namely in the existence of any gods, don't you?!

Sterling wrote:Ok, here is what I am saying the fact is that nobody considers the religious point of view of Hellenism.

Have you read and seriously considered the text of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster? If not why not?
Simple isn't it: you have been offered no reason to. And it is simply impractical (indeed impossible) to carefully examine each and every wild claim. Give us a reason to seriously consider yours.

Sterling wrote:I would like to know what your point of view is on the religion but not a religion in general persective.

It's one of many many polytheistic religions that once flourished in a certain area, and subsequently subsided, as most invariably do, often to be replaced by other belief systems. Including a general degradation/shifting of the beliefs internally, and the influences of the Romans basically bastardising the whole thing, as well as the Greek Judaism converts establishing Christianity.
Some of the stories are pretty good (hence the interest in such tales to this very day, for example the recent Clash of the Titans film) as literature and fiction, but suggest no truth value.

Sterling wrote:I wan to know the reason why you do not consider the religion and dismiss it and revert to atheism without knowing the whole scope. And why you reject the idea polythieism too?

One does not revert to atheism. Atheism is not a belief system, but the non-acceptance of any theistic belief systems. Why? Well one can have many reasons, but for me (and many others I know) the answer is simple; insufficient reasons to think they have any truth value whatsoever.

Don't delude yourself into assuming that I reject polytheism any more or less than monotheism.

I am at least loosely familiar with the texts you have been referring to (not in any detail however.) Is there any reason to see them as any more than stories? Any more than the many other "religious" texts which conflict with them?

Sterling wrote:The idea of the generations in the works and days shows that the priciples of a version of evolution,

If you say so. Some of the basic principles of evolution were recognised (and recorded) as far back as the Pre-Socratic era in that part of the world, and that was through observation of the life around them, nothing more required. Nothing "mysterious" there.

Sterling wrote:the theogony shows the formations of stars and galaxys in simple terms. The universe was made over(direct transaltion) "infinite centurys" centurys to them was a long time.

They thought the universe was old? Okay, so they trump the incredibly naive biblical literalists (YECs) Good for them. Evidence suggests it is far from "infinite" however. We should expect a hel of a lot better than that to have any call to be impressed. All kinds of beliefs about the age of the universe have come up through the ages, ranging from a few thousand years, through billions and trillions of years to literally infinite (including cyclic models,) what of it really? Unless there is something more specific there, is there?

Sterling wrote:Thats my first arguement.

An argument for what though?! It amounts to nothing, certainly nothing toward any claims of gods existing.

You have given us nothing thus far Sterling, even many creationists can, and do, do better than that.
Reason Over Faith
ADParker
RS Donator

Name: Andrew
Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Creationism