ICR has new projects coming up!...well, they hoped.

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

ICR has new projects coming up!...well, they hoped.

#1  Postby Itsdemtitans » Dec 01, 2015 2:41 am

Looks like ICR wanted to pump out some new research after their (failed) RATE study.

See their table with summaries:

GENE

Genomic studies to explore the true nature of human origins—theory of mutation and selection; statistical comparison of chimpanzee and human genomes; sequencing of mitochondrial human genomes to determine mutation rate in man; and estimation of the age of the human race from polymorphism rates, Y-chromosome diversity, linkage block size, and divergence of duplicate sequences.

FAST

Geological field research to discover, describe, and interpret catastrophic, Flood-activated sedimentation and tectonic processes.

EPIPHANY

Numerical simulations of catastrophic geophysical, geological, climatic, cosmological, and biological processes using a 40-processor computer cluster at ICR.

RATE II

Geochemical studies to strengthen the concept of accelerated decay with additional data to address new issues.

COSMOS

Theoretical studies in relativity and quantum mechanics applied to the history of the cosmos using Biblical boundary conditions to resolve apparent paradoxes.

SPECIAL PROJECTS

Sodom and Gomorrah, a geological survey of the Biblical Cities of the Plain, Butterfly, a continuation of metamorphosis studies, Biblical Word Studies, a continuation of Dr. Steven Boyd’s evidence for understanding the Bible literally, and the Column Project, a global analysis and visualization of the Genesis Flood using geological data.

NAUTILOID DOCUMENTARY

Video documentary about the results and significance of Dr. Austin’s Nautiloid research in Grand Canyon.

GENE DOCUMENTARY

Video documentary about the results and significance of Dr. Criswell’s genetics research.

Welp. there you have it! They'll be pumping out so much data evilution will finally keel over and die!

Or wait, no it won't.

Take a look at their funding list towards the bottom. These were all started around 2005-2006, and evidently never went anywhere. At least one, the FAST project, died out around 2010 and disbanded as an official project. GENE never took off. Epiphany helped creationists make Catastrophic Plate Tectonics. Too bad that's been debunked. None of the Special Projects really went anywhere. Russell Humphrey's apparently did something with COSMOS, but my discussions with Gary Loechelt have led me to simply laugh at his name. I doubt there's any credible data there. RATE 2, nothing.

Basically, there were high hopes but so little funding it kinda all died. I take it this is a sign that the creationist movement is starting to breath it's dying breaths, like ID before it.

Thank God.
"If evidence could shake the Protestant faith, then there wouldn't be a Protestant faith" ~Donovan Lafferty

"If you can't show that you're right, you're not." ~Aronra
Itsdemtitans

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: ICR has new projects coming up!...well, they hoped.

#2  Postby Rumraket » Dec 01, 2015 9:42 am

Who the hell do they imagine is going to do all this research when they bring up children and young people to hate and distrust science?
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#3  Postby Itsdemtitans » Dec 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Rumraket wrote:Who the hell do they imagine is going to do all this research when they bring up children and young people to hate and distrust science?

I'd expect they think their followers would do the reaserch for the holy cause of True Science™
"If evidence could shake the Protestant faith, then there wouldn't be a Protestant faith" ~Donovan Lafferty

"If you can't show that you're right, you're not." ~Aronra
Itsdemtitans

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Sendraks » Dec 01, 2015 4:27 pm

Itsdemtitans wrote:
Rumraket wrote:Who the hell do they imagine is going to do all this research when they bring up children and young people to hate and distrust science?

I'd expect they think their followers would do the reaserch for the holy cause of True Science™

And when their idea of research involves: JAQIng off, finding evidence which fits the conclusion, misinterpreting and misrepresenting actual science they don't understand and, when in doubt, making shit up, the bar is set pretty low for the level of scientific rigour they need from their researchers.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#5  Postby Caper » Dec 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Sendraks wrote:
Itsdemtitans wrote:

And when their idea of research involves: JAQIng off, finding evidence which fits the conclusion, misinterpreting and misrepresenting actual science they don't understand and, when in doubt, making shit up, the bar is set pretty low for the level of scientific rigour they need from their researchers.

Uh ... what do they pay? :ask: :roll:
Caper

Name: Glenn Smith

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Sendraks » Dec 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Caper wrote:
Uh ... what do they pay? :ask: :roll:

Your reward is in Devon I believe.

But, I may have misheard.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

Return to Creationism