NephilimFree Fails

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: NephilimFree Fails

#41  Postby theropod » Jun 18, 2010 12:22 pm

Animavore wrote:Nephillim actually had to gall to reply to Thunderf00t's vid and say "SCIENCE FAIL". Thunderf00t has invited him to come on to the League of Reason show this weekend and defend his view.

(vid link removed)

EDIT: "PHYSICS FAIL"

Heh. THE big problem is that we have observed things slamming into the moon. Both "free range" bolides and man made objects. We also see the same pattern on our stellar neighbors, such as MARS (wiki), and the impacts of huge proportions. Since we have observed these events we can make a rational projection of these observations, and these observations in no way supports water bombs hitting the moon in the manner suggested.

What, before the earth's crack-a-lackin', the moon was as smooth as glass? Gimmie a fuckin' break. Look at impact sites on the earth, as there are several. I doubt very much the end Cretaceous object was an ice ball, although it is highly likely that both the earth and moon have been struck by comets of mostly water ice on multiple occasions. Some evidence suggests that the Tunguska explosion was a comet, but the absence of pre-impact sighting of a tail or some brightening makes this problematic.

To assert such a position (water bombs via floodite woo) is tantamount to a public display of serious mental issues that need immediate attention by a team of professionals. Our stellar neighborhood is a dangerous place, and not perfectly designed to allow us to frolic, despite the ravings of the impaired. We, as a species, still do not have the technological know-how to deflect a really big rock on a collision course with any degree of confidence, IMO. A K-T sized pop would give us, as a species, a challenge. I doubt very much we would still have the net. :lol:

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#42  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 18, 2010 11:58 pm

Actually, NASA has conducted experiments into the physics of high-speed impacts. To do this, NASA scientists developed an apparatus capable of shooting appropriate projectiles toward targets at over 10,000 mph. Here's the NASA video footage of the experiments:

Video clip, side view of experiment

Video clip, top view of experiment

Which means that we know quite a bit about the requisite physics. Which is why scientists were able to construct THIS simulation:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKau14cvQ4[/youtube]

of what would happen if a bolide 500 Km in diameter decided to pay Planet Earth a visit in the near future.

And, of course, we've observed the Shoemaker-Levy 9 comet paying Jupiter a visit. NASA trained a LOT of instruments on that event. Which means, of course, that we have substantive knowledge derived from the data. Something that manifestly never appears in creationist blind assertions.

[Edited to correct NASA experiment URLs and replace them with working ones]
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#43  Postby shh » Jun 19, 2010 1:03 am

Fuk alu evil-utionists. Dis gy tels de troof I am cominced.
It was the blue boxes what dones it.
God told me to post this, at about 2 this afternoon. :crucified:
wiki wrote: despite the fact that chocolate is not a fruit[citation needed]
shh

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#44  Postby Varangian » Jun 19, 2010 9:50 am

Calilasseia wrote:Actually, NASA has conducted experiments into the physics of high-speed impacts. To do this, NASA scientists developed an apparatus capable of shooting appropriate projectiles toward targets at over 10,000 mph. Here's the NASA video footage of the experiments:

Video clip, side view of experiment

Video clip, top view of experiment

Which means that we know quite a bit about the requisite physics. Which is why scientists were able to construct THIS simulation:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKau14cvQ4[/youtube]

of what would happen if a bolide 500 Km in diameter decided to pay Planet Earth a visit in the near future.

And, of course, we've observed the Shoemaker-Levy 9 comet paying Jupiter a visit. NASA trained a LOT of instruments on that event. Which means, of course, that we have substantive knowledge derived from the data. Something that manifestly never appears in creationist blind assertions.

[Edited to correct NASA experiment URLs and replace them with working ones]

Wow. I didn't think that there could be anything as momentous as the stupidity of creationists, but a planet-killer like that gives it a run for the money.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#45  Postby Nautilidae » Jun 19, 2010 2:53 pm

shh wrote:Fuk alu evil-utionists. Dis gy tels de troof I am cominced.
It was the blue boxes what dones it.
God told me to post this, at about 2 this afternoon. :crucified:

Yes! That is wat I is saying! What is written in books is teh troof. If teh Bible is not teh troof, then it could not have ben written into book. Therefore troof, AMIRITE!?!?!
Nautilidae
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#46  Postby Adkinsjr » Jun 22, 2010 7:25 pm

theropod wrote:
Animavore wrote:Nephillim actually had to gall to reply to Thunderf00t's vid and say "SCIENCE FAIL". Thunderf00t has invited him to come on to the League of Reason show this weekend and defend his view.

(vid link removed)

EDIT: "PHYSICS FAIL"

Heh. THE big problem is that we have observed things slamming into the moon. Both "free range" bolides and man made objects. We also see the same pattern on our stellar neighbors, such as MARS (wiki), and the impacts of huge proportions. Since we have observed these events we can make a rational projection of these observations, and these observations in no way supports water bombs hitting the moon in the manner suggested.

What, before the earth's crack-a-lackin', the moon was as smooth as glass? Gimmie a fuckin' break. Look at impact sites on the earth, as there are several. I doubt very much the end Cretaceous object was an ice ball, although it is highly likely that both the earth and moon have been struck by comets of mostly water ice on multiple occasions. Some evidence suggests that the Tunguska explosion was a comet, but the absence of pre-impact sighting of a tail or some brightening makes this problematic.

To assert such a position (water bombs via floodite woo) is tantamount to a public display of serious mental issues that need immediate attention by a team of professionals. Our stellar neighborhood is a dangerous place, and not perfectly designed to allow us to frolic, despite the ravings of the impaired. We, as a species, still do not have the technological know-how to deflect a really big rock on a collision course with any degree of confidence, IMO. A K-T sized pop would give us, as a species, a challenge. I doubt very much we would still have the net. :lol:

RS

He also describes the objects that crashed into the moon as being "ice chunks" of considerably small size, comparing them to a "grain of sand" or "possibly even the size of SKYSCRAPERS." :scratch:

Of course, the moon is covered in 100,000's of craters, thousands of which are anywhere from a few kilometers, to several hundred kilometers in diameter. I believe the largest crater is a few thousand kilometers in diameter, and several kilometers deep. It's hard to imagine how ice chunks the size of skyscrapers could cause that kind of damage. :lol:

The moon craters are the number 1 most obvious refutation of YEC. There's just no way that the moon has been impacted so many times in the last 6,000 years, by so many massive objects, in such a short period of time. I find it amusing how desperate some creationists are to explain this.
Adkinsjr

Print view this post

#47  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 26, 2010 6:52 pm

You really don't want to hear the wackiest "explanation" they have for those craters ... trust me on this one ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#48  Postby Ergo Proxy » Jun 26, 2010 7:11 pm

So, I guess they have already found a replacement for VenomFangX then?
Ergo Proxy

Name: Juan
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#49  Postby Nautilidae » Jun 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Ergo Proxy wrote:So, I guess they have already found a replacement for VenomFangX then?

There are two replacements for VenomFangX: GEERUP, and NephilimFree. Quite honestly, as ignorant as GEERUP is, I don't find him nearly as mind-numbing as NephilimFree.
Nautilidae
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#50  Postby Animavore » Jun 26, 2010 7:17 pm

Calilasseia wrote:You really don't want to hear the wackiest "explanation" they have for those craters ... trust me on this one ...

You do realise you're going to have to tell us now?

:what:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#51  Postby Ergo Proxy » Jun 26, 2010 7:28 pm

Animavore wrote:
Calilasseia wrote:You really don't want to hear the wackiest "explanation" they have for those craters ... trust me on this one ...

You mean how water from the Great Flood shot right out of the Earth and had enough kinetic energy to cause said craters on the moon? :roll:

Oh, oops....
Last edited by Ergo Proxy on Jun 26, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ergo Proxy

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#52  Postby Animavore » Jun 26, 2010 7:29 pm

Ergo Proxy wrote:
Animavore wrote:

You mean how water from the Great Flood shot right out of the Earth and had enough kinetic energy to cause said craters on the moon? :roll:

Oh, oops....

I thought he meant besides that one?
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#53  Postby Rumraket » Jun 26, 2010 7:44 pm

Hmmm lemme guess.... divine ejaculate?
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#54  Postby Ergo Proxy » Jun 26, 2010 8:04 pm

That must have been a pretty big orgasm of biblical proportions :D
Ergo Proxy

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#55  Postby Animavore » Jun 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Is that how the Milky Way was formed in Biblical lore?

:ask:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#56  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 26, 2010 10:36 pm

Since I've been asked to provide it, here goes.

Arch-charlatan Henry Morris wrote a piece of quite frankly encephalitic drivel, to the effect that the craters on the Moon were purportedly the aftermath of a battle between Satan and the Archangel Michael.

Yes, I told you it was spaced out, didn't I?
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#57  Postby Animavore » Jun 26, 2010 10:40 pm

:picard:

Shoot me.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#58  Postby Calilasseia » Jun 26, 2010 10:43 pm

You were warned!

Oh, by the way, Byers regurgitated this cortical excrement in one of his RDF posts. Be prepared for it to make a reappearance someday.
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#59  Postby Nautilidae » Jun 26, 2010 11:56 pm

Calilasseia wrote:Since I've been asked to provide it, here goes.

Arch-charlatan Henry Morris wrote a piece of quite frankly encephalitic drivel, to the effect that the craters on the Moon were purportedly the aftermath of a battle between Satan and the Archangel Michael.

Yes, I told you it was spaced out, didn't I?

Nautilidae
RS Donator

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Creationism