Surely no more Creationists now

Origin of Life Study

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Surely no more Creationists now

#81  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 20, 2011 6:19 am

missy wrote:

Mars moons are too small. Ours is the biggest moon in respect to the planet that it orbits. Wow, I thought everybody knew that.

Goalposts are mobile, apparently.

So now your argument is that a planet needs one moon, and it has to be the biggest... or life is impossible?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#82  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 20, 2011 6:22 am

missy wrote:Yeah well I'm done here. Wow, you guys are mean. what a bunch of rude condescending people. You do not give people a chance. Obviously we speak a different language and you did not understand anything I said. The responses were just so weird, like you were responding to a totally different post. I'm also surprised at the lack of knowledge. Do you people live in a cave?

I think you'll find that, regardless of your ideological suppositions, we respect citations for assertions - especially ones that do not seem to be either logical, or previously shown to be correct.

As for 'mean' - I think you are emotionally investing yourself in your claims. No one was mean to you, they just showed why you were wrong, or at least not very specific. That's actually not mean, it's honest.

As for lack of knowledge (isn't that mean?) - you are the one who claimed that evolution is about organisms being washed ashore, and that Mars is not like Earth because Earth has a moon.

Perhaps you might want to step back, review without imbuing emotional considerations, then logically look at the responses: I'll think you'll find that none were mean, and that the posts exhibit a far greater knowledge than could have been intuited of you from your posts.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#83  Postby Onyx8 » Nov 20, 2011 6:23 am

Stop being mean Spearthrower.

Or someone might call you an idiot.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#84  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 20, 2011 6:33 am

Onyx8 wrote:Stop being mean Spearthrower.

I am trying to understand here: does Missy think disagreeing with reference to facts is 'mean'? :think:

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#85  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Nov 20, 2011 9:31 am

Spearthrower wrote:

I am trying to understand here: does Missy think disagreeing with reference to facts is 'mean'? :think:

Spearthower is hardly mean-he is way above average IMHO.
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#86  Postby ADParker » Nov 20, 2011 10:36 am

Spearthrower wrote:So now your argument is that a planet needs one moon, and it has to be the biggest... or life is impossible?

Apparently Missy knows more than anyone who has dedicated their professional lives to the field of astrobiology. Who knew?

Spearthrower wrote:I am trying to understand here: does Missy think disagreeing with reference to facts is 'mean'? :think:

No no. It is just that telling Missy that she is incorrect about anything she asserts, must clearly be considered as mean, and anyone that does so is equally clearly an idiot. ;)

Because the alternative (that she actually is incorrect) is just too horrible a thought to even consider!
Reason Over Faith
ADParker
RS Donator

Name: Andrew
Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#87  Postby Varangian » Nov 20, 2011 10:58 am

Missy, you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#88  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Darwinsbulldog wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Spearthower is hardly mean-he is way above average IMHO.

:lol:

The money's in the post!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#89  Postby Shrunk » Nov 20, 2011 3:59 pm

Varangian wrote:Missy, you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

I think I've found my new sig line... (with your permission. of course.)
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#90  Postby Varangian » Nov 20, 2011 5:34 pm

You're welcome. It's not mine - I read it somewhere, and it stuck.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#91  Postby Oldskeptic » Nov 20, 2011 5:42 pm

Varangian wrote:You're welcome. It's not mine - I read it somewhere, and it stuck.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts. - Patrick Moynihan
There is nothing so absurd that some philosopher will not say it - Cicero.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
Oldskeptic

Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Creationism