BBC Sherlock Season 2

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: BBC Sherlock Season 2

#21  Postby Aern Rakesh » Jan 04, 2012 7:38 pm

chairman bill wrote:All of you who saw the end, are gits & I hate you. Fecking BSkyB & their second rate fecking services, shutting down with ten minutes to go. Bastards!

You can catch it on iPlayer...
Aern Rakesh
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#22  Postby smudge » Jan 04, 2012 7:56 pm

chairman bill wrote:All of you who saw the end, are gits & I hate you. Fecking BSkyB & their second rate fecking services, shutting down with ten minutes to go. Bastards!

:lol:
I blame Loki...
smudge

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby mraltair » Jan 04, 2012 7:58 pm

I hope we don't see her again, I think that character is completely done with. Sherlock wouldn't have a distraction as big as her in his life so no point in a relationship either.

Sherlock is my hands-down favourite show on TV since last year.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#24  Postby mraltair » Jan 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Sherlock tonight. UK - BBC1 8:30m-10pm.
Just a reminder, I don't want you to miss it. (I missed the last one, not the same when you stream it at 420p :nono: )

The Hounds of Baskerville. :thumbup:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#25  Postby thaesofereode » Jan 08, 2012 4:58 pm

Okay. I'll only check this out if you guys can tell me for a fact that whoever's portraying Holmes can even *hold a candle* to the immortal and incomparable Jeremy Brett. ONLY then. Good luck.

And I WARN you: Connery's also the one and ONLY 007 in my book.
thaesofereode

Print view this post

#26  Postby mraltair » Jan 08, 2012 5:12 pm

thaesofereode wrote:Okay. I'll only check this out if you guys can tell me for a fact that whoever's portraying Holmes can even *hold a candle* to the immortal and incomparable Jeremy Brett. ONLY then. Good luck.

Brett was my favourite Holmes until Cumberbatch.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Blip » Jan 08, 2012 5:13 pm

thaesofereode wrote:Okay. I'll only check this out if you guys can tell me for a fact that whoever's portraying Holmes can even *hold a candle* to the immortal and incomparable Jeremy Brett. ONLY then. Good luck.

I hear you. I'm with you.

But this Holmes is different and it is very good. Try it.
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#28  Postby Aern Rakesh » Jan 08, 2012 5:24 pm

I'd say the following:

Jeremy Brett = candle

Benedict Cumberbatch = Roman candle!
Aern Rakesh
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#29  Postby DaveD » Jan 08, 2012 5:44 pm

If Conan Doyle was writing today, this is the Holmes he would write.
DaveD

Name: Dave Davis
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#30  Postby akigr8 » Jan 08, 2012 6:39 pm

mraltair wrote:Sherlock tonight. UK - BBC1 8:30m-10pm.
Just a reminder, I don't want you to miss it. (I missed the last one, not the same when you stream it at 420p :nono: )

The Hounds of Baskerville. :thumbup:

Thanks for the reminder!

I heard an interview with Freeman that they all very much wanted to make a series 3 of Sherlock, he really hoped they would as he enjoyed it very much.
I once applied for a job as a mustard cutter.

But unfortunately I wasn’t quite good enough.
akigr8

Name: Kim

Print view this post

#31  Postby smudge » Jan 08, 2012 7:17 pm

DaveD wrote:If Conan Doyle was writing today, this is the Holmes he would write.

If Conan Doyle was writing today I'd want a word with him regarding 'fairies'....
:smile:
smudge

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Aern Rakesh » Jan 09, 2012 3:26 pm

What did everyone think of last night's offering? I have to say that though I enjoyed it I didn't think it was as gripping as the previous one.
Aern Rakesh
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#33  Postby twistor59 » Jan 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Nora_Leonard wrote:What did everyone think of last night's offering? I have to say that though I enjoyed it I didn't think it was as gripping as the previous one.

I agree, not quite as good as the previous one, but then the story on which it's based is so well known, and it had so much to live up to that we can forgive them. Still very good though I thought.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Aern Rakesh » Jan 09, 2012 3:54 pm

twistor59 wrote:
Nora_Leonard wrote:What did everyone think of last night's offering? I have to say that though I enjoyed it I didn't think it was as gripping as the previous one.

I agree, not quite as good as the previous one, but then the story on which it's based is so well known, and it had so much to live up to that we can forgive them. Still very good though I thought.

I actually re-watched the first one just before I watched the second. So it was literally a hard act to follow. I haven't erased them from my hard disk so will give them a second outing in a month or so.
Aern Rakesh
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Blip » Jan 09, 2012 4:00 pm

twistor59 wrote:

I agree too.
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#36  Postby Wiðercora » Jan 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Blip wrote:
twistor59 wrote:

I agree too.

I disagree. I thought last night's was a much stronger episode. I wasn't wondering, after the first hour, where the plot had gotten to.
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Infrequently updated photo blog.
Wiðercora

Name: Call me 'Betty'.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#37  Postby mraltair » Jan 09, 2012 5:41 pm

The first was better, but not by that much. The story of Baskerville is scary and I think they built the story more around thatand did it brilliantly. At one point I got tense and a little scared around the time John is in the cage. :shifty:

The first, on the other hand, was more of a twisting and turning story that showed how brilliant Holmes is.

With 3 mins to go I was already eager to see the next episode, then they showed set-up for it at the end and may have possibly gone a little catatonic.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#38  Postby Wiðercora » Jan 09, 2012 6:17 pm

I loved that the lights on the moor that Watson sees that in the book are the two lovers, but in the adaptation are doggers.
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Wiðercora

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#39  Postby mraltair » Jan 09, 2012 6:20 pm

Wiðercora wrote:I loved that the lights on the moor that Watson sees that in the book are the two lovers, but in the adaptation are doggers.

I thought it was the prisoner signalling were to leave food in the book? Actually, there was a mention of a prisoner in the episode, unless I was hearing AC Doyle references that weren't there. :?
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#40  Postby Wiðercora » Jan 09, 2012 6:31 pm

mraltair wrote:
Wiðercora wrote:I loved that the lights on the moor that Watson sees that in the book are the two lovers, but in the adaptation are doggers.

I thought it was the prisoner signalling were to leave food in the book?

I've just checked the Wikipedia page, and so it is.
-- George Orwell

Wiðercora

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV