Television Shows you're currently Enjoying

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Television Shows you're currently Enjoying

#5101  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 06, 2014 5:12 pm

Mike_L wrote:DC's answer to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....

Hmm not to sure about this.
See King Horik aint dead yet on the other hand.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5102  Postby Animavore » May 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
CdesignProponentsist wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Have you seen this weeks episode?

No. But the sourness is already present. He didn't invite him to his wedding, conspiring with the king etc.
I feel as though I've missed something.

Just watch the latest episode. It all comes clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:this:

I guess.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5103  Postby Mazille » May 08, 2014 12:16 pm

So, Arrow.

Did I just now notice it, or is this new? Some scenes - especially the ones with the Canary - looked incredibly cheap and cheesy, like straight out of that 70's Wonder Woman show, or Xena, maybe. I don't know what it is. Maybe a combination of silly costumes, high heels in combat and filters, but it looked like arse. Also, Summer Glau's costume literally makes her head look like a two-coloured bellend with hair.

That arc of redemption (shortcut of redemption, really) for the Canary was so forced it was laughable. The scene where the policewoman walks in and happens to call Canary a hero while she happens to be there?
Girl, please.

What the fuck is Argus, by the way? Some kind of wanna-be S.H.I.E.L.D? Where did they store a whole fucking army all that time? Up some writer's ass?

In general, I find that whole Slade story arc to be exceedingly tedious, contrived, boring and plain silly. I'll be glad once it's over. It's a shame, really, because I thought the second season started out way better than what season one offered, but the last couple of episodes are just so very meh.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#5104  Postby willhud9 » May 08, 2014 3:23 pm

My love and excitement for Arrow dwindled. I will probably catch up once the second season is posted on netflix, but right now I have just been bored with it.

Green Arrow is supposed to be the Batman of Star City, but with a bow and arrow. I wish the show would stick to the detective plot lines. Instead I am forced to sit through forced CW romances and cliches that they put into all of their shows to make it more childish dramatic.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5105  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 08, 2014 7:32 pm

willhud9 wrote:My love and excitement for Arrow dwindled. I will probably catch up once the second season is posted on netflix, but right now I have just been bored with it.

Green Arrow is supposed to be the Batman of Star City, but with a bow and arrow. I wish the show would stick to the detective plot lines. Instead I am forced to sit through forced CW romances and cliches that they put into all of their shows to make it more childish dramatic.

CW romances?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5106  Postby scott1328 » May 08, 2014 7:52 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
willhud9 wrote:My love and excitement for Arrow dwindled. I will probably catch up once the second season is posted on netflix, but right now I have just been bored with it.

CW romances?

The CW is a little watched broadcast network in the US that is known for airing comedy/drama series aimed at the teen and young adult audience.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5107  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 08, 2014 8:19 pm

scott1328 wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

CW romances?

The CW is a little watched broadcast network in the US that is known for airing comedy/drama series aimed at the teen and young adult audience.

Aha. Thanks. :cheers:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5108  Postby willhud9 » May 08, 2014 8:38 pm

It is also the broadcasting station in the US of Arrow.
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5109  Postby Nostalgia » May 08, 2014 9:15 pm

This season of Mad Men is as good as ever. I'm glad Margret (or Marigold) Sterling is featuring a lot. The actress that plays her has the most beautiful eyes... seriously, I could stare into them all day long. :awesome:

Also glad to see that the final season made it to 1969. Really hope they do an episode on the Moon Landing.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#5110  Postby CdesignProponentsist » May 09, 2014 4:44 am

Holy shit. Fargo is getting good.

:popcorn:
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5111  Postby The_Piper » May 09, 2014 10:53 am

CdesignProponentsist wrote:Holy shit. Fargo is getting good.

I just came here to post that Faro has launched itself into the fairy tale world. So unrealistic now. The escape on the ice was ludicrous. Stupid ludicrous. The guy drilling wouldn't have had his back turned. Still pretty good though. :lol:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5112  Postby DougC » May 09, 2014 3:10 pm

B.B.C. - Agents of Shield gets second series and new spin-off
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5113  Postby scott1328 » May 09, 2014 4:14 pm

I liked how they hooked into the events from the movie.
scott1328

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5114  Postby Mazille » May 09, 2014 4:55 pm

DougC wrote:B.B.C. - Agents of Shield gets second series and new spin-off

With that and the three or so planned netflix series they have a lot of stuff in the pipes.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#5115  Postby Mike_L » May 09, 2014 5:07 pm

With Disney now at the helm, Star Wars also seems to be going the route of numerous TV spin-offs...

Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#5116  Postby CdesignProponentsist » May 09, 2014 8:40 pm

scott1328 wrote:

:nod:

The_Piper wrote:

I just came here to post that Faro has launched itself into the fairy tale world. So unrealistic now. The escape on the ice was ludicrous. Stupid ludicrous. The guy drilling wouldn't have had his back turned. Still pretty good though. :lol:

That constituted "stupid ludicrous" for you? Seems well within the realm of the type of stupid mistakes people make when they become over confident with themselves. Even professionals. :dunno:

"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5117  Postby The_Piper » May 09, 2014 9:05 pm

scott1328 wrote:

The_Piper wrote:

That constituted "stupid ludicrous" for you? Seems well within the realm of the type of stupid mistakes people make when they become over confident with themselves. Even professionals. :dunno:

Yes.Of all of the different angles he could've chosen to drill, he chose the only one that might miss what was going on. You don't think someone in that situation would have naturally chosen a position where he could see what was going on with his partner and Lester? Especially being deaf...
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5118  Postby willhud9 » May 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Mike_L wrote:With Disney now at the helm, Star Wars also seems to be going the route of numerous TV spin-offs...

and like the show on cartoon network I will watch this one as well.....

AND ENJOY IT!!!!!!! :evilgrin:
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
willhud9

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5119  Postby Mazille » May 09, 2014 9:42 pm

Mike_L wrote:With Disney now at the helm, Star Wars also seems to be going the route of numerous TV spin-offs...

And I thought that Clone Wars series looked like shit.
Oh hey, and there's female almost-Boba Fett. And here's not-quite-R2D2! Wow. Stunning heights of creativity there.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#5120  Postby scott1328 » May 09, 2014 9:46 pm

The_Piper wrote:
scott1328 wrote:

The_Piper wrote:

Yes.Of all of the different angles he could've chosen to drill, he chose the only one that might miss what was going on. You don't think someone in that situation would have naturally chosen a position where he could see what was going on with his partner and Lester? Especially being deaf...

It's a well worn trope called the Idiot Plot. The original movie played this trope to the hilt. It seems only fitting that the TV show continue the tradition.
scott1328

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV