A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: The end of Twilight?

#2  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 30, 2012 3:40 pm

How would this be the end of Twilight? Assholes, poor decisions, hand-wringing and heartless monsters pretending that they know what a relationship is is the very foundation Twilight is built upon.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Animavore » Jul 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Yeah but if they won't work together in future then they'd have to change one of them. Can't imagine that'd go down well.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#4  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Hmm, good point. Alas, the final film is already done I think. Too bad this didn't happen before they started filming the second movie.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Animavore » Jul 30, 2012 3:51 pm

I thought there were like two books left.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#6  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 30, 2012 3:55 pm

I thought the article said that the part 2 movie coming out in November was the last of the series. Ah whatever, they probably did like Peter Jackson with Lord Of The Rings and filmed it all at once. I watched about 15 minutes of one of the Twilight movies, most time was people standing around and talking while looking mopey. The rest was CG. Can't imagine it took more than a couple weeks to shoot the whole thing.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Animavore » Jul 30, 2012 3:57 pm

I had to watch the first one after Naut whined about me mocking a film I hadn't even seen. I have to admit, seeing it did put me in a much better position to heap scorn on it :smug:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Nostalgia » Jul 30, 2012 4:04 pm

I still can't get my head around the fact that Mark Kermode likes them... :nono:
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Animavore » Jul 30, 2012 4:09 pm

I've lost all respect for Mark Kermode of late. He liked the new Batman movie for Christ's sake.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Animavore wrote:I had to watch the first one after Naut whined about me mocking a film I hadn't even seen. I have to admit, seeing it did put me in a much better position to heap scorn on it :smug:

Hope you had some friends over for an MST3K job on it, that's the only way I could imagine getting through the whole thing.

MacIver wrote:I still can't get my head around the fact that Mark Kermode likes them... :nono:

A bit of contrarianism, perhaps.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Animavore » Jul 30, 2012 4:17 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Hope you had some friends over for an MST3K job on it, that's the only way I could imagine getting through the whole thing.

I only made it half way. As I explained in my review http://www.rationalskepticism.org/film- ... ml#p319489
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#12  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 30, 2012 4:23 pm

"Mopes around the place with a face like a damp arse," sounds like a line of poetry. Might have to steal that at some point.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Animavore » Jul 30, 2012 4:34 pm

Lol! I forgot about that. She really did seem to be in need of cheering up. Maybe knowing that to make it has an actress she'd have to make sacrifices of her dignity like this (doing shit roles) threw Kirsten into a fit of depression.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Microfarad » Jul 30, 2012 5:02 pm

Animavore wrote:Please, please, please! :yay:
Warning: the content of the post above may content inaccuracies, nonsense or insults to human intelligence. Read at your own risk.
Microfarad

Male

Italy (it)
Print view this post

#15  Postby byofrcs » Jul 31, 2012 10:31 pm

All I love about Twilight is the CGI for the fur of the wolves. I've been benchmarking movies by hair and fur CGI since the hair on Aki Ross in Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aki_Ross ).
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#16  Postby NamelessFaceless » Aug 01, 2012 1:36 am

The film that's coming out in November is the last one, so they won't have to work together anymore. But she was only 22. Much too young to get married anyway.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#17  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 01, 2012 2:04 am

Animavore wrote:Lol! I forgot about that. She really did seem to be in need of cheering up. Maybe knowing that to make it has an actress she'd have to make sacrifices of her dignity like this (doing shit roles) threw Kirsten into a fit of depression.

That's assuming she put any sort of thought into it at all, or that she's trying to look like more of a soggy hot dog roll than she already does.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Film & TV