Off Charts Experience ??

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Off Charts Experience ??

#1  Postby aufbahrung » Apr 24, 2020 5:29 pm

What is the most bizarre experience in your life? Doesn't need to include the supernatural or anything. What really pushed the boat out in terms of life experience for you?
“Ne vous mêlez pas du pain”
aufbahrung

Name: Your Real Name

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Off Charts Experience ??

#2  Postby NineBerry » Apr 24, 2020 6:12 pm

I was a young teenager, maybe just 12 or so. I was walking in the city when a woman approached me and offered me money for lying to her husband. She handed me a bag with dinnerware. I was supposed to wait a few minutes, then enter a nearby office building where she was working with her husband. I was supposed to tell the couple I was her remote cousin and the bag came from her great aunt. She had obviously bought the stuff but didn't want her niggard husband to know.

I'm not a good actor. He didn't believe a word and I gave back the money to the poor woman
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#3  Postby SafeAsMilk » Apr 24, 2020 6:29 pm

I'd say what I can only assume is dissociation -- everything feels not real. Much stranger than taking drugs (sorta feels like echoes of past mushroom trips), maybe because it's less in your face. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it's a weird day or two.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Ironclad » Apr 25, 2020 3:34 pm

LSD.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Svartalf » Apr 25, 2020 7:18 pm

mine would be a time I attended a concert, and got high on the music alone, I don't do weed, and I didn't smell it then either.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6  Postby campermon » Apr 25, 2020 8:00 pm

Seeing mountains, in Wales, for the first time IRL. I was about 8 at the time. Awesome!!
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby The_Piper » Apr 25, 2020 8:12 pm

Svartalf wrote:mine would be a time I attended a concert, and got high on the music alone, I don't do weed, and I didn't smell it then either.

I saw Jethro Tull in the 90's at a breezy outdoor concert in Massachusetts. All I could smell from my vantage point on the lawn, was a never-ending whiff of weed. :lol: I do weed.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8  Postby The_Piper » Apr 25, 2020 8:18 pm

While not the most bizarre experience of my life, this one's probably up there. I used to hang around the center and square area of my hometown as a teenager, and there was a kid around our age who would ride his bike around alone, he didn't seem to have friends. We actually tried to break the ice with him but it never got past "hello" with him still pedaling by about as fast as he could. One time he came out of a side street by us into the main road and was struck by an suv and knocked to the ground. It seemed to happen in slow-motion for me like these things do. I was sure he was dead, but he immediately got up, ran across the street with a duffel bag and hid it in the bushes in front of a building, then went back to the scene and rolled around on the ground in agony. When the police showed up, other bystanders told them about the duffel bag and they retrieved it. Poor kid. I have no idea what was in it, surely something of interest. :shock:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to General Discussion