Police dogs attack unarmed men

I´ve found some horrific videos of policemen that order their dog to attack unarmed men

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Police dogs attack unarmed men

#1  Postby Firestarter » Dec 21, 2016 3:57 pm

Here is a video where the K9 tears on the arm of some victim that was riding his bike without lights (in the dark). A clear example of a (criminal) cop committing a violent felony against a victim that has only violated a minor traffic law.
This video speaks louder than words: https://youtu.be/eLOEiyQW65A

During the video the cop repeatedly screams at the man that he must “stop resisting”; while his arm is being chewed for minutes by the K9 he answers “I´m not resisting”. After the cop finally takes the dog of the man, his blood is rushing out.
This victim is scarred for life; the story tells that he´s suffering from mental health problems, so by now probably his torture is continued in some psychiatric hospital.
I think a strong case can be made that this police man is a psychopath; this cop was so proud with how he handled this “dangerous” man, that he uploaded it to the internet: http://thefreethoughtproject.com/horrif ... 3lpkwio.99

The victim of the attack has sued the Punta Gorda police department. The K9 has been suspended from the police force, while the cop is still on active duty: http://www.inquisitr.com/3201890/man-su ... cle-light/
This same cop, Lee Coel, has before this incident “accidently” shot and killed a woman in the Citizen's Police academy during a citizen academy role playing. The cop was hired by the Punta Gorda police department, after he had to resign from the Miramar police department for using excessive force: https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016 ... ory-abuse/

Here’s another video from August 2015 in San Diego from another group of cops.
A naked man is strolling in a canyon (I’m sure he isn’t armed) and at the request of the police walks over to them. After they order him to “turn around” (because they want to admire his ass?) he refuses by saying a couple of times “No”. Then the police order the dog to attack (only for a few seconds).
While these brave cops put this extremely dangerous man in handcuffs, they order the K9 to attack again – the dog bites his right leg for another 44 seconds. The victim was in hospital for 2 weeks.
The man has lost (a big part of) his right leg forever. He got a $385,000 settlement: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/investigat ... 22445.html

Here’s the direct link to the video (with some additional information); you can also see an earlier snippet from 1991, when a black homeless man was attacked by the LAPD that sent their dog on him: https://youtu.be/U6CMRbMz4CQ
If you thought the previous videos were too horrible to watch; don’t watch the following graphic video. Here you can see a close up of the K9-bite that made this victim of police brutality lose his leg (not for the fainthearted). To make it even more painful one of them holds the foot of this man (for fear of kicking?): http://www.nbclosangeles.com/on-air/as- ... 34876.html

This kind of behaviour by the boys in blue isn’t limited to the USA.
In the Netherlands in 2008 the police sent a dog to take a few bites out of my legs (there were no witnesses, that’s the only reason they need). This wasn't nearly as long as the victims in these videos (the dog only took 3 bites out of my legs and didn’t hold on), but it hurt like hell. Those scars will never go away.
They shot me up with psychiatric drugs that kept me in a zombielike state for a couple of days. During these few days they took me to a "normal" hospital for medical care, with my wrists strapped to the bed, because I must be dangerous for being attacked by the police. Then I had to stay in a psychiatric hospital for a couple of weeks, because I had to be declared insane for being tortured by the police without any reason.
Firestarter
Banned Spammer

Print view this post

Re: Police dogs attack unarmed men

#2  Postby BlackBart » Dec 21, 2016 4:32 pm

So you were just minding your own business and the Dutch police picked you out at random to give their dog some exercise did they?
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby johnbrandt » Dec 22, 2016 8:45 am

How dare they!!

They should wait until a suspect has stabbed or shot an officer or his dog before saying "Well...guess he really was armed...maybe we can go get him now"...

My nephew is in the police force in the dog squad, and he said usually just yelling out "I'm going to let the dog go!" is enough to make a fleeing perp drop to the ground or stand still. If they don't? "Sick 'em, boy".... :lol:
"One could spend their life looking for the perfect cherry blossom...and it would not be a wasted life"
johnbrandt

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby monkeyboy » Dec 22, 2016 9:27 am

johnbrandt wrote:How dare they!!

They should wait until a suspect has stabbed or shot an officer or his dog before saying "Well...guess he really was armed...maybe we can go get him now"...

My nephew is in the police force in the dog squad, and he said usually just yelling out "I'm going to let the dog go!" is enough to make a fleeing perp drop to the ground or stand still. If they don't? "Sick 'em, boy".... :lol:

Did you look at the videos he posted. There's no need in any of them for the dog to be used. No threat was presented, no violence offered to the officers, just as so often is the case, the person being stopped didn't comply with their every instruction instantly.

The naked guy in particular clearly wasn't carrying a concealed weapon. He fails to turn around when instructed and within 10-15 seconds of simply not turning around, a dog is set upon him because the 5 (at least) officers had no other skills available to arrest him apparently.

Of course there is a time and place for police dogs, just as there is for the use of fire arms but these are just more examples of cops over using force where other skills could be used and where there was no immediate risk to their safety which warranted force being used. They keep escalating situations.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 22, 2016 1:08 pm

BlackBart wrote:So you were just minding your own business and the Dutch police picked you out at random to give their dog some exercise did they?

Yep Dutch police do it the whole time. :crazy:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Firestarter » Dec 23, 2016 2:17 pm

monkeyboy wrote:

Did you look at the videos he posted. There's no need in any of them for the dog to be used. No threat was presented, no violence offered to the officers, just as so often is the case, the person being stopped didn't comply with their every instruction instantly.
It wasn't at random. I will explain what happened. Because of all the crimes against humanity committed against me by the Dutch government in January 2008 I was angry (under the influence of weed).
I messed up my house and even threw some thing through the windows from the first floor in the garden below, which could have hurt somebody. The police came by for a house visit and when they knocked on the door I didn't open it.

After the fire brigade opened my front door with force in my naitivity I thought that laying down on the ground would prevent them from seeing any reason for brutally attacking me (maybe you've heard of examples were the police simply shoots an unarmed man because he appeared threatening). I think a strong case could be made that at that time I was less of a threat than even the naked man that refused to turn around, but on the other hand because I had messed up my house I could've been considered a greater danger.
I should have known that they don't need any other reason than that there are no witnesses.
Firestarter
Banned Spammer

Print view this post

#7  Postby The_Metatron » Dec 23, 2016 6:46 pm

I suggest instead that what you should have known was that trashing your house and tossing shit out the window was a monumentally bad decision.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 23, 2016 6:51 pm

Does he think after doing all that and being stoned the police are going to treat him with kid-gloves.

Jongen je hebt geluk gehad en ik ben zeer serieus.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9  Postby monkeyboy » Dec 23, 2016 11:56 pm

Firestarter wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:

It wasn't at random. I will explain what happened. Because of all the crimes against humanity committed against me by the Dutch government in January 2008 I was angry (under the influence of weed).
I messed up my house and even threw some thing through the windows from the first floor in the garden below, which could have hurt somebody. The police came by for a house visit and when they knocked on the door I didn't open it.

After the fire brigade opened my front door with force in my naitivity I thought that laying down on the ground would prevent them from seeing any reason for brutally attacking me (maybe you've heard of examples were the police simply shoots an unarmed man because he appeared threatening). I think a strong case could be made that at that time I was less of a threat than even the naked man that refused to turn around, but on the other hand because I had messed up my house I could've been considered a greater danger.
I should have known that they don't need any other reason than that there are no witnesses.

And on the back of that encounter, the police took you for for a psychiatric assessment in hospital rather than charging you with public order offences and criminal damage? The bastards! No wonder you have such a low opinion of them, what with them thinking you might have been having some sort of psychotic episode and in possible need.of treatment rather than custody. Obviously a cold hearted set of rozzers you have there in Holland.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#10  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Dec 25, 2016 12:45 am

Firestarter wrote:Here is a video where the K9 tears on the arm of some victim that was riding his bike without lights (in the dark). A clear example of a (criminal) cop committing a violent felony against a victim that has only violated a minor traffic law.
This video speaks louder than words: https://youtu.be/eLOEiyQW65A

During the video the cop repeatedly screams at the man that he must “stop resisting”; while his arm is being chewed for minutes by the K9 he answers “I´m not resisting”. After the cop finally takes the dog of the man, his blood is rushing out.

I'm sorry to have to poop in your porridge, but that guy was clearly resisting. Even as the dog was chewing on his arm he was resisting. Shouting "I'm not resisting" doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't.

He was clearly resisting for a long time, refusing to do what the cop ordered him to.

I'm not saying that the way the cop handled this was the right way, but let's not pretend the cop was just letting loose on the guy for no reason at all. The guy was resisting, and he did so actively for a long time.

When will people learn not to be fucking idiots? When will they learn that the police will fucking put force behind their demands, and they will do follow through with their threats?
WayOfTheDodo

Name: Raphus Cucullatus

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Firestarter » Dec 25, 2016 5:43 pm

monkeyboy wrote:And on the back of that encounter, the police took you for for a psychiatric assessment in hospital rather than charging you with public order offences and criminal damage? The bastards! No wonder you have such a low opinion of them, what with them thinking you might have been having some sort of psychotic episode and in possible need.of treatment rather than custody. Obviously a cold hearted set of rozzers you have there in Holland.
The report of the police didn’t even claim that I was aggressive. There was no real damage besides my own house…
They wrote that they had to let the dog attack because I was running around in my house. When they entered my house I was laying on the ground in literally 3 seconds.

How could I be running around in my house that totals 30 square meters?
Because I had made an awful mess, there was a total space of 10 square meters available where I could have done this running around.

Treatment???
Psychiatric hospitals torture political prisoners.
Firestarter
Banned Spammer

Print view this post

#12  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Dec 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Firestarter wrote:Treatment???

No they don't, and you were sent there for a reason. Your posts indicate to me that it wasn't necessarily a mistake to send you there. And I'm not saying that to attack you. I'm saying it because the way you view things is very similar to other people with similar conditions.
WayOfTheDodo

Name: Raphus Cucullatus

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#13  Postby monkeyboy » Dec 25, 2016 8:52 pm

Firestarter wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:The report of the police didn’t even claim that I was aggressive. There was no real damage besides my own house…
They wrote that they had to let the dog attack because I was running around in my house. When they entered my house I was laying on the ground in literally 3 seconds.

How could I be running around in my house that totals 30 square meters?
Because I had made an awful mess, there was a total space of 10 square meters available where I could have done this running around.

Treatment???

There's enough from what you wrote to justify your removal from the premises for psychiatric assessment. You may not see trashing the place and throwing stuff through windows as violence but try being around someone behaving in that manner and see how it feels.
As for psychiatric hospitals torture political prisoners. What utter shite. I've worked in psychiatry for nearly 25 yrs. Last 21 of those in forensic psychiatry. We get convicted and remanded prisoners with.mental health problems sent to us for assessment and treatment where required. The fact you were only there a couple of weeks says either you didn't need treatment or whatever they gave you worked very quickly and they didn't consider you to he a risk to yourself or others. Surely if there was some political conspiracy against you, they'd have concocted something to keep you locked up. Amazing how quickly these things unravel.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#14  Postby laklak » Dec 26, 2016 8:51 pm

Musta been some new kind of weed if it made you angry enough to trash your own home. I assume it was your own home, and you weren't renting it from someone else, otherwise it would (around here anyway) get you a felony vandalism charge. I smoke a fair bit of weed, and I've never, not once in over 45 years, gotten pissed off enough to trash my home. Alcohol is a different story, as is meth, crack, PCP, and a few others. Stuff will fuck you up if you let it, but I've tried most of those (and I do enjoy my tipple), and I've still never trashed my own home. Or anyone else's, for that matter. Was in a bar fight or two in my younger, stupider days, but never to a point where cops and dogs were required.

My advice, FWIW, is open the door when the coppers are banging on it. You ain't gonna win under those circumstances, doesn't matter how much you're in the right. Let the lawyers sort it out, that's why they make the big bucks.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#15  Postby BlackBart » Dec 26, 2016 9:29 pm

The only thing I've ever destroyed after smoking weed was a few pizzas and several hanky-panky pies.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#16  Postby Firestarter » Dec 27, 2016 4:10 pm

monkeyboy wrote:As for psychiatric hospitals torture political prisoners. What utter shite. I've worked in psychiatry for nearly 25 yrs. Last 21 of those in forensic psychiatry. We get convicted and remanded prisoners with.mental health problems sent to us for assessment and treatment where required. The fact you were only there a couple of weeks says either you didn't need treatment or whatever they gave you worked very quickly and they didn't consider you to he a risk to yourself or others. Surely if there was some political conspiracy against you, they'd have concocted something to keep you locked up. Amazing how quickly these things unravel.
The evidence shows that psychiatric treatment has only negative effects. ECT and pschiatric drugs have only negative effects on the long term. Regularly the psychiatric victims are locked up in solitary confinement for no other reason than that they don't follow orders by the staff.
You must have heard of the term "innocent until proven guilty". In psychiatry the only "evidence" needed is the "expert testimony" of some sadistic psychiatrist (most of which are even more crazy than their victims).

An example of the horrors of psychiatry I found on the website of Gepke de L.
Gepke was born in 1956 and functioned “normal” until 2006 (with a steady job for 34 years). In 2006 she became disabled after being abused by the police - including a “vaginal inspection” – because of which she sits in a wheelchair. Gepke was made homeless by the Dutch government in 2008.
Gepke has also repeatedly been tortured by sadistic psychiatrists , not only with antipsychotics but also with electroshocks (ECT). In the Netherlands some 700 people per year are tortured with electroschocks.

Gepke has repeatedly been put in jail after being fined by the police and not being able to pay these tickets.
Gepke was sentenced for her webiste, on which she names the policemen and psychiatrists, that have tortured her. Because she has refused to change her website she can be locked up at any time by the police (lijfsdwang).
Gepke’s website is practically unreadable (even when you understand Dutch). Here is the court order of April 1, 2014 (no joke) where Gepke was sentenced for her website (in Dutch); including imprisonment and a fine in money of 1000 euro per week: http://uitspraken.rechtspraak.nl/inzien ... :2014:1104
Firestarter
Banned Spammer

Print view this post

#17  Postby tuco » Dec 27, 2016 4:15 pm

Might be interested in work of Thomas Szasz. Personally, I consider the power of the above mentioned "expert testimony" very problematic bordering with unacceptable. On the other hand, I do not really have sensible alternatives.
tuco

Print view this post

#18  Postby Firestarter » Dec 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Thomasz Szasz is one of the most important whistleblowers on psychiatry, other important names in the anti-psychiatry movement are Peter Breggin and Robert Whitaker.
Maybe one day I will start a thread on psychiatry which is a very ugly story.
Firestarter
Banned Spammer

Print view this post

#19  Postby The_Metatron » Dec 27, 2016 4:57 pm

I smell scientology afoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 27, 2016 6:38 pm

Definitely! He must be getting a cut?

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Next

Return to General Discussion