Your most painful experience

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Your most painful experience

#1  Postby mraltair » Nov 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Physical pain. Bites, stings, fights, falls, whacks, operations, burns and everything ouch!

I was trying to work out what the most painful thing I had ever felt was earlier. It's probably when I burst the synovial membrane in my elbow. My elbow got increasingly larger and swollen. The slightest brush against it would be agony for me. I can't pin point what I did to it, must have banged it.

A doctor going over the top with liquid nitrogen when removing a wart caused me several hours of pain too. Even loaded up on painkillers.

There must be some members with painful stories. So do share?!

I'm obviously expecting child birth to be on the first page, but we've all heard that one :snooty: :shifty: Unique and odd gets you extra imaginary points!!! :cheers:
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Your most painful experience

#2  Postby I'm With Stupid » Nov 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Paper cut.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Aern Rakesh » Nov 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Well dental pain has to rate fairly high on the list.

But for me it would be muscular-skeletal: the time I had a frozen shoulder and every mis-step sent a jarring pain throughout my body, then I got tennis elbow (or more properly mouse elbow) and had acupuncture (painless and even felt good) and Chinese massage (aka Chinese torture) and now it is arthritis of the wrist, which sends a burning, shooting pain up my left forearm whenever I move my wrist a certain way.

Oh, I nearly forgot the time I had a pinched nerve in my neck and passed out a little each time I turned my head. Thank heaven for an orthopaedic surgeon who also had osteopathic training, who snapped my neck back into place and instantly cured it.

I'm With Stupid wrote:Paper cut.

OMG you poor thing! I can't believe I was complaining.

:lol:
Aern Rakesh
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby I'm With Stupid » Nov 04, 2010 9:49 pm

It was a toss up between that and a mouth ulcer in an awkward place.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#5  Postby mraltair » Nov 04, 2010 9:50 pm

I'm With Stupid wrote:Paper cut.

Oh...
[/thread] I guess. Ah well sorry Nora, seems too much for us to beat.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6  Postby THWOTH » Nov 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Somebody call Durro!
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby SafeAsMilk » Nov 04, 2010 9:53 pm

I got nailed in the balls with a frisbee once. THAT fucking hurt.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8  Postby THWOTH » Nov 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Intra-ocular pressure double what it should be smarts a bit. :shock:
Kidney stones can be quite uncomfortable.
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Emmeline » Nov 04, 2010 10:17 pm

Childbirth - both times. I didn't know it was possible to endure such pain for so long but it is.
Emmeline

Print view this post

#10  Postby Beatsong » Nov 04, 2010 10:17 pm

Definitely giving birth.

Oh no hang on, that was the missus...
Beatsong

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Beatrice » Nov 04, 2010 10:17 pm

The atrocious cluster headaches I've been having lately, are pretty out there on the pain scale.

Otherwise my most painful experience was getting stung by a stone-fish. I was 9, and I still remember exactly how it felt.
Phew... for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself.....
"GOD" is an acronym which stands for "GOD Over Djinn".
Beatrice
RS Donator

Name:
Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#12  Postby reddix » Nov 04, 2010 10:26 pm

I was playing intercollegiate soccer. I had cleared the ball about half a second before a player on the opposing team finished what was likely supposed to be a cross-field kick. The player connected full force with the side of my knee on the follow through.
reddix
RS Donator

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#13  Postby bdcarlitosway » Nov 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Bending my ankle while drunk reaaaaally bad a couple months ago. That was a definite 10!!
Major hamstring cramp while sleeping... one of the most painful things ever! Intense pain wakes you up instantly! I´ll give it a 9.5!
Getting your fingers slammed in a door... 9.
Dislocating my shoulder while boxing... probably about 9.
Appendicitis pain... probably an 8.
Life becomes much easier when you master the skill of farting silently
bdcarlitosway

Male

Guatemala (gt)
Print view this post

#14  Postby trubble76 » Nov 04, 2010 11:12 pm

I went headfirst through a windscreen once, skidded for a significant distance on mostly bare skin. That wasn't too painful though (relatively), the bit that really hurt was almost leaving my foot behind. I had a surprisingly large amount of bone protruding, it wasn't pretty.
Actually I'm lying, that was only the second most painful thing, the winner is when I was recovering in hospital. I was having my dressing removed for the first time and the nurse was unaware of the technique to wet the area as you slowly remove the dressings, so she just yanked at it. I screamed like a schoolgirl, and that was through a decent amount of morphine.
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose,
And nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free.

"Suck me off and I'll turn the voltage down"
trubble76
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Tero » Nov 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Big toe fusion. I lost a bit of toe, it is now 0.5cm shorter.
How American politics goes
1 Republicans cut tax, let everything run down to barely working...8 years
2 Democrats fix public spending to normal...8 years
Rinse, repeat.
Tero

Print view this post

#16  Postby Ironclad » Nov 04, 2010 11:31 pm

I sneezed violently and tore my latissimus dorsi. I thought I'd broken my back the pain was so bad, my screaming freaked out my mates and they ran for the phone down the road (before the days of the common or garden mobile/cell), the paramedics strapped me to a chair so I couldn't move.
Spent over 2 weeks on pain-killers and valium.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#17  Postby mraltair » Nov 04, 2010 11:49 pm

Ironclad wrote:I sneezed violently and tore my latissimus dorsi. I thought I'd broken my back the pain was so bad, my screaming freaked out my mates and they ran for the phone down the road (before the days of the common or garden mobile/cell), the paramedics strapped me to a chair so I couldn't move.
Spent over 2 weeks on pain-killers and valium.

Weirdly, I know of at least two people that have done the same thing, one Lat; one was something else IIRC. Sounds silly but it also sounds like killer pain.
mraltair

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#18  Postby THWOTH » Nov 04, 2010 11:52 pm

Ironclad wrote:[...] Spent over 2 weeks on pain-killers and valium.

Hmmmmmm. The food of the Gods.

:dizzy:
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Rome Existed » Nov 05, 2010 3:31 am

Migraines. Had one this week. My most painful migraine was about 2 months ago. First time I've puked during one and every time I puked it was like the inside of my head was a bell. To top it all off I couldn't sleep it off meaning I had to lay there awake putting up with the entire thing.
Rome Existed

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#20  Postby paceetrate » Nov 05, 2010 7:32 am

Depends on the type of pain... For dull aching pain, there was time the dentist drilled a bit too deep in filling a cavity and I spent the whole rest of the night and into the next morning feeling as if someone had cracked me upside the head with a crowbar. And the time I got food poisoning and spent a day curled up in a ball from the stomach cramps, or the time I had menstrual cramps that were almost as bad as the food poisoning ones and got sent home from work because I could hardly stand upright. (Don't have to deal with that anymore. Thank science for birth control pills!)

For acute pain, there was the time I managed to break my toe by accidentally walking into the TV stand (lulz. Well, that wasn't quite so bad, but considering I was in marching band at the time, my embarrassment kinda added to the overall badness of it. XD) Or the time when I was about 6 years old and fell backwards down a flight of poured concrete basement stairs thanks to my idiot cousin horsing around and accidentally knocking me off balance. Thanks goodness I had the sense (instinct?) to keep my head tucked up and not let it whip back and hit the floor. Couldn't sit straight for a week after, and wound up with recurring nightmares thanks to that.

I think the absolute worst ever though was one time when I had been working on a huge drawing for one of my college classes, and because it was so huge, I had to work on the floor. So I'd been hunched over this drawing for who-the-hell-knows how long, and I went to stand up and completely threw my back out. >.< That sonuvabitch took months to fully sort itself out. And that kinda shit can never happen when your doing something heroic, can it? No, it happens when you bend over to pick up a friggin' leaf or get up from the floor after sitting for a bit... XD If your back's gonna put you in agony for weeks on end, it should at least have the decency to give you some dignity in the act!
paceetrate

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

Next

Return to General Discussion