"Debunking" means "lying for the government".

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

"Debunking" means "lying for the government".

#1  Postby Gawdzilla » May 04, 2010 11:16 am

I've noticed a trend where the fringers have tried to create their own special definitions of words and phrases.

"Debunking" now means "lying for the government".

"Keep an open mind" means "any idiot idea is equal in worth to Einstein's Special Relativity Theorem."

"Do you have any proof for that" means "I hate you and want to kill you."

I was post banned from abovetopsecret for "repeated rudeness", which means I asked people to provide proof for their claims. (I wasn't outright banned because they make money based on the number of members, and that site is all about making change. They even put commercials on youtubes they've jacked from the web.)

Anyway, any ideas what we can do to counter this trend?
Chief Engineer on the Derail Express.

Geoff wrote:Not that I've anything against paedophilia, but it does leave one open to accusations of catholicism...

This space for rent.
Gawdzilla

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: "Debunking" means "lying for the government".

#2  Postby NineOneFour » May 04, 2010 12:14 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:I've noticed a trend where the fringers have tried to create their own special definitions of words and phrases.

"Keep an open mind" means "any idiot idea is equal in worth to Einstein's Special Relativity Theorem."

I was post banned from abovetopsecret for "repeated rudeness", which means I asked people to provide proof for their claims. (I wasn't outright banned because they make money based on the number of members, and that site is all about making change. They even put commercials on youtubes they've jacked from the web.)

Ignore loonie forums.
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: "Debunking" means "lying for the government".

#3  Postby Gawdzilla » May 04, 2010 12:19 pm

NineOneFour wrote:
Gawdzilla wrote:I've noticed a trend where the fringers have tried to create their own special definitions of words and phrases.

Ignore loonie forums.

I'm reminded of the scene from "Godzilla".

"She reproduces asexually!"

"Where's the fun in that?"
Chief Engineer on the Derail Express.

Geoff wrote:Not that I've anything against paedophilia, but it does leave one open to accusations of catholicism...

This space for rent.
Gawdzilla

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Return to General Debunking