this site disgusts me!!

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

this site disgusts me!!

#1  Postby havefaith001 » Mar 06, 2010 4:16 pm

This website is appalling! Do any of you know what are the implications of what you are saying? You atheists all demand respect and justice, but you insult my belief, Christianity, to the utmost extreme!!

Do any of you even realise that what you are doing could cause you to go to hell? God is kind and loving, but even His patience will run out with the blasphemous topics that you entertain on this site!

You atheists all cling to you supposed theories and think because of those theories God doesn't exist, but it has never been published in any scientific journal that God does not exist! What do you say about that?

And your other theories are so flawed... evolution is obviously not correct. In the bible it says Adam and his children lived for hundreds of years, yet today we only live for about 70 years. Does the theory of evolution say we will live shorter and shorter? No, so this theory is flawed.

This other theory of abiogenesis is something that should belong in science fiction novels, not in textbooks and journals. I won't even indulge you in talking about how ridiculous it is that life can randomly just start from chemical elements!

Even the big bang theory is a load of bull! Nobody can prove that it ever happened. You can't give me first-hand evidence that this thing happened.

I urge you all to think twice about what you say here and your involvement here. If I can convince only one of you to leave this site it will be a resounding victory in God's eyes. Why do you think that your supposed prophet, Richard Dawkins, closed down his site? God works in mysterious ways and answers our prayers!
havefaith001

Print view this post

Re: this site disgusts me!!

#2  Postby Sityl » Mar 06, 2010 4:18 pm

:rofl:
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'

Sityl

Name: Ser Sityllan Payne
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby campermon » Mar 06, 2010 4:18 pm

havefaith001 wrote:This website is appalling! Do any of you know what are the implications of what you are saying? You atheists all demand respect and justice, but you insult my belief, Christianity, to the utmost extreme!!

Do any of you even realise that what you are doing could cause you to go to hell? God is kind and loving, but even His patience will run out with the blasphemous topics that you entertain on this site!

You atheists all cling to you supposed theories and think because of those theories God doesn't exist, but it has never been published in any scientific journal that God does not exist! What do you say about that?

And your other theories are so flawed... evolution is obviously not correct. In the bible it says Adam and his children lived for hundreds of years, yet today we only live for about 70 years. Does the theory of evolution say we will live shorter and shorter? No, so this theory is flawed.

This other theory of abiogenesis is something that should belong in science fiction novels, not in textbooks and journals. I won't even indulge you in talking about how ridiculous it is that life can randomly just start from chemical elements!

Even the big bang theory is a load of bull! Nobody can prove that it ever happened. You can't give me first-hand evidence that this thing happened.

I urge you all to think twice about what you say here and your involvement here. If I can convince only one of you to leave this site it will be a resounding victory in God's eyes. Why do you think that your supposed prophet, Richard Dawkins, closed down his site? God works in mysterious ways and answers our prayers!

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

What would you like to discuss first?

;)
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby DoctorE » Mar 06, 2010 4:19 pm

DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#5  Postby dylan » Mar 06, 2010 4:19 pm

:roll: thread locked...3...2...1...
Rational Skepticism: the mind's bullcrap filter
dylan

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Sityl » Mar 06, 2010 4:20 pm

dylan wrote::roll: thread locked...3...2...1...

More like torn apart, with a verbal warning given for preaching.
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'

Sityl

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7  Postby havefaith001 » Mar 06, 2010 4:23 pm

you can laugh all you want! You know what they say about those who laugh last? I don't want to be the one laughing when God judges

And I am not preaching - I told you that your supposed scientific theories are wrong and that I believe God will not be pleased with the ideas you entertain on this website
havefaith001

Print view this post

#8  Postby DoctorE » Mar 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Yea, those who laugh last think slowest...
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#9  Postby dylan » Mar 06, 2010 4:24 pm

:crazy:
Rational Skepticism: the mind's bullcrap filter
dylan

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#10  Postby havefaith001 » Mar 06, 2010 4:25 pm

DoctorE wrote:Yea, those who laugh last think slowest...

yes and last time I saw, you think you are laughing the last
havefaith001

Print view this post

#11  Postby Emmeline » Mar 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Poe?
Emmeline

Print view this post

#12  Postby Sciwoman » Mar 06, 2010 4:31 pm

So, do you have any sort of proof to show us how we are all so wrong about so many things or is this just opinion?
Religion is not the answer-it is the problem. Everything considered, we would be better off without it.~Baubles of Blasphemy~Edwin F. Kagin
Sciwoman
RS Donator

Name: AKA Ayaan
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#13  Postby campermon » Mar 06, 2010 4:33 pm

havefaith001 wrote:
And I am not preaching - I told you that your supposed scientific theories are wrong and that I believe God will not be pleased with the ideas you entertain on this website

OK, then why not pick a particular area, say the 'supposed scientific theories', start a thread and argue your point?

;)

edit - I want you to convince me! ;)
Last edited by campermon on Mar 06, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Animavore » Mar 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Is this a joke?
You should probably talk to our local forum Christian; Jerome.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Sityl » Mar 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Science has evidence. Religion has faith. Call me underwhelmed by what your delusional fairy tales have to offer.

Sityl

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#16  Postby twistor59 » Mar 06, 2010 4:36 pm

havefaith001 wrote:you can laugh all you want! You know what they say about those who laugh last? I don't want to be the one laughing when God judges

Come on, own up - who are you ?
The O/P can only be generated by one of the "regulars" having a laugh.
Who is it ?
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Sphynxcat » Mar 06, 2010 4:37 pm

havefath001 wrote:You atheists all cling to you supposed theories and think because of those theories God doesn't exist, but it has never been published in any scientific journal that God does not exist! What do you say about that?

I have concrete, irrefutable proof that god does not exist. Well, my family has, anyway. It's why I'm an atheist.

Trouble is, I can't tell you you what that proof consists of, nor take photographs or copies of it, because to divulge such would offer too many clues as to the proof's location, and thereby risk destruction, vandalism or theft of the proof by certain parties. In short, I cannot offer any detail about it save this: that the proof exists, and it is the final, irrefutable proof against god. Take my word for it, I have seen it myself.

Now, you may think I'm lying. That's up to you. But you cannot prove that I am.

You may think this proof does not exist. Again, that's up to you. But again, I suggest you try and prove it.
Author of 'Dreamshade', one weird and wild fantasy epic: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/15916
Sphynxcat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Bella Fortuna » Mar 06, 2010 4:37 pm

havefaith001 wrote:God works in mysterious ways and answers our prayers!

Hang on... :pray:

Nope. Not true... mine hasn't been answered yet. This thread is still here. :coffee:
It's not the way that you say it
When you do those things to me
It's more the way you really mean it
When you tell me what will be.
Bella Fortuna

Name: The Other Mrs. H.
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#19  Postby campermon » Mar 06, 2010 4:38 pm

Topsy wrote:Poe?

I reckon so.

The grammar in the OP is far too good!
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#20  Postby NineOneFour » Mar 06, 2010 4:40 pm

havefaith001 wrote:This website is appalling! Do any of you know what are the implications of what you are saying? You atheists all demand respect and justice, but you insult my belief, Christianity, to the utmost extreme!!

Because it's a source of ignorance, bigotry, xenophobia, and hatred. Also, it sucks.

Do any of you even realise that what you are doing could cause you to go to hell?

How can I go to a place that doesn't exist?

God is kind and loving,

In what way? He commanded his followers to kill, torture, and rape. He advocated killing babies and pregnant women. He also wants to send everyone who doesn't believe in him to eternal suffering.

Not exactly kind nor loving. I'd say he's more of a psychopath.

but even His patience will run out with the blasphemous topics that you entertain on this site!

Interesting that you know the will of god. Can you also let us know what he's doing for lunch next Sunday?

I'd say you are particularly ignorant about science. No one here believes that you can prove that god doesn't exist. it just is very unlikely.

Also, your idea of a personal god is completely impossible.

And your other theories are so flawed... evolution is obviously not correct.

Perhaps you could tell us how descent from natural selection and punctuated equilibrium are incorrect using scientific data and evidence.

In the bible it says Adam and his children lived for hundreds of years, yet today we only live for about 70 years. Does the theory of evolution say we will live shorter and shorter? No, so this theory is flawed.

The Bible is a lie and is bullshit. So sorry.

Except that we're coming pretty close to doing it in a lab.

You can't give anyone first hand evidence that ANYTHING in the Bible happened. You make me laugh.

[/quote]

Really, why does god hate amputees? Surely ONE amputee's prayer of regrowing a lost limb would have been answered by your just, kind, loving and sociopathic deity...
Last edited by NineOneFour on Mar 06, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Theism