What was the alternative to Jesus' crucifixion?

What would God have done if he hadn't sacrifice his son?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: What was the alternative to Jesus' crucifixion?

#21  Postby Fenrir » Jan 22, 2024 11:18 am

The writers had prepared an alternative ending, where Jesus came out as gay and married Pilate, but the focus groups didn't like it.

And the rest is history.
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#22  Postby THWOTH » Jan 22, 2024 7:09 pm

Johnny Blade wrote:
THWOTH wrote:Not all loving either, in the sense of loving everyone equally. Some people wish that he did thought.

Care to elaborate?

THWOTH wrote:Not all powerful in the sense of having absolute power over the material world. Some people wish that he did thought.

Not sure why you would think that he wouldnt. Could be you have a good reason. I dont know.

My statements about god are issued on exactly the same basis as your own statement.
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Johnny Blade » Jan 22, 2024 8:21 pm

THWOTH wrote:
Johnny Blade wrote:
THWOTH wrote:Not all loving either, in the sense of loving everyone equally. Some people wish that he did thought.

Care to elaborate?

THWOTH wrote:Not all powerful in the sense of having absolute power over the material world. Some people wish that he did thought.

Not sure why you would think that he wouldnt. Could be you have a good reason. I dont know.

My statements about god are issued on exactly the same basis as your own statement.

That's good. Im glad you agree that we should not love everyone, equally. That would be stupid.
Do you have any thoughts about your scapegoat wiki you posted? It was a good answer.
Johnny Blade

Russia (ru)
Print view this post

#24  Postby THWOTH » Jan 23, 2024 8:26 pm

Johnny Blade wrote:
THWOTH wrote:
Johnny Blade wrote:

Care to elaborate?

That's good. Im glad you agree that we should not love everyone, equally. That would be stupid.
Do you have any thoughts about your scapegoat wiki you posted? It was a good answer.

Wooosh!
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Theism