YouTube - How God 'Chooses' a Mom for a Disabled Child

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

YouTube - How God 'Chooses' a Mom for a Disabled Child

#1  Postby Katherine » Mar 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Latest woo-filled mental contortion-laden nonsense here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGzuq37NCF0

:roll:

Official Cleaner in Residence

On standby at all times with a bucket of warm soapy water, Cillit Bang, squeegee & mop.

TWITTER: http://twitter.com/Kitty_B_Good
Katherine

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: YouTube - How God 'Chooses' a Mom for a Disabled Child

#2  Postby MoonLit » Mar 23, 2010 2:48 am

Wait, I thought it was "Sin" that made disabled children. Why can't Christians make up their damn minds and stick to the same story?
Image Image Image Image
Click the eggs please!
MoonLit
RS Donator

Name: Andi
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Grimstad » Mar 23, 2010 6:42 am

All I want to know is how did my GF's daughter in law make the list? I could fill a page telling you what a greedy, selfish c**t she is. And how her disabled son is nothing but a cash cow to her.I firmly believe that if he wasn't worth a few grand a month in disability, and a whole slew of other special needs payments of various types, he would have "acccidentally" overdosed on his seizure medicine a long time ago.

Yeah, but she's our witch, so cut her the hell down. - Mal Reynolds

I'm on zero pills, and I miss them.
--Mindy Elise Grayson
Grimstad

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby MattHunX » Mar 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Valden wrote:Wait, I thought it was "Sin" that made disabled children. Why can't Christians make up their damn minds and stick to the same story?

For the exact same reason that religion and it's church has survived for this long and evaded utter destruction by cases made against it and evidence presented against it...goal-post/interpretation/lore/rule shifting.
MattHunX

Print view this post

#5  Postby Rockshell » Mar 24, 2010 6:18 am

As the mother of a child with special needs (medical, not developmental), I cannot begin to express how repugnant this whole concept is to me.

It's quite common for parents to wonder "why my child" and "why me" even when the medical reasons are known. It seems terribly unfair. The sentiment expressed in the video is some parents' way of rationalizing the unknowable (or in their minds, the big cosmic why) and sense of injustice because the degree of suffering doesn't jive with the notion of a loving deity. After all, why would a loving god allow the extreme pain and difficulties that some of these children endure? That would be torture, right?

"God never gives you more than you can handle", my ass. Over the years I've witnessed what happens when the situation is more than the families can handle. The results are devastating for everyone involved.

We're grateful to have our son and love him dearly. We're also very fortunate we had access to fantastic medical care and state-of-the-art diagnostic methods. Had we not, he would not have survived. Perhaps when God "sends" children with the same condition as our son's to parents in third world countries, the babies' deaths by suffocation shortly after birth serve the purpose of blessing those parents in some other way. :nono:

Disgusting.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
--Stephen Hawking
Rockshell
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Theism