BOINC Team: Volunteer your computer for science

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: BOINC Team

#21  Postby obscured by clouds » Mar 06, 2010 11:27 pm

Woah. I did not remove anyone nor had anything to do with BOINC since I left rd.net over a year ago. And I was not the only one with that information, I would have posted the login information to the staff when I set it up. And I do not even know the log in or any information on those accounts.

That's fucked up man, but it was not me. And thanks for setting up the new one. :thumbup:
OBC world summer tour! LA ~ May 8, Thrasho De Mayo / Saint Vitus ~ West Coast Tour, Seattle, Protland, SF, LA, San Diego, Las Vegas June 25 - July 1 / July 4th weekend LA / Scotland, Oct? / Come and say hi if you live near! (more TBA)
obscured by clouds

Name: Mr. Obscured By Clouds

Print view this post

Re: SETI@home

#22  Postby crank » Mar 07, 2010 12:15 am

StandardbredHorse wrote:
crank wrote:Hell, I contributed a lot of points to RDF, and it irks me that I have to regret that now, and you can't take your points when you move :x I switched my SETI team, if they make teams for the others, be sure and post here and I will switch also.

I'm not sure quite what you mean, but if you're regretting that you contributed a lot of points to RDF that seemed to 'vanish', keep in mind that you can still have your legacy credits as well as your membership restored in RDF as soon as David, the project managers, and I can share enough information (archived team ID#s, etc.) to do so. You may have to manually rejoin SETI and/or Einstein, but there's a possibility you'll be automatically reinstated. Please don't regret your contribs - even if the credits had not been restored, the science was not lost and that's BOINC's real raison d'etre--the stats compilations are only a numerical representation (conceived by BOINC's David, with whom I'm working) of the aforementioned contributions that were designed to introduce a little friendly competition and further incentive to 'crunch' more WUs.

I'd really like to reconstitute the RDF team, and have been working to do so since around Tuesday/Wednesday; getting the attention of some of those people is hard, but our collective 15,000,000 (and other millions) of credits spoke loudly enough to get them to implement action to reverse the vandalism. Often, they let credits slip by the wayside, but this was a large/special/pertinent enough case that they wish to make an example of it to discourage further sabotage and endangerment of scientific objectives. Please be assured that your contribs were not in vain and not something regrettable - in fact, congratulations and thank you for what you've accomplished.

Warm regards,

StandardbredHorse
*friendly nickers*

I wasn't worried about losing points, I was, and still am a bit, po'ed by the RDF fiasco, so what I was complaining about was all the points I had accumulated to the RDF team, and that if I moved, I did not take my points with me to a new team. It is not that big of a deal, but it is bothersome to some extent. I am going to wait till the dust settles before I make any decisions, I am not convinced that OBC did what it is claimed he did, I am new to both BOINC and RDF so the politics is opaque to me and I generally get nothing but disgusted by that crap anyway.

Thanks for the concern, and the PM, and whatever efforts you are putting into this. I do value the contribution that I and anyone else can put into these projects, I signed onto SETI almost from it's conception, but haven't had access to a PC or the internet until recently after an almost 7 year absence. It is a shame that such a small percentage of people in general don't get involved, the cpu cycles that could be achieved would be breathtaking.

But, it's all growed up now, ain't it? Infested with politics, too bad.

rob
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

Re: BOINC Team: Volunteer your computer for science

#23  Postby StandardbredHorse » Mar 07, 2010 8:15 pm

OBC,

Man, finally I get to talk to you 'in person' - I've been trying to get a hold of you.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally do something? Because you were founder on SETI's RDFRS when 1) all the members were kicked off and 2) the team was renamed and closed to any re-joiners. Your account at SETI shows you're still the founder of the old team, which is catalogued by TeamID, not name, so they were able to find it and is how they are reinstating it.

I am in a huge hurry - literally 2 mins to post, but if you'll agree to come back to this thread, I'll post links to the pertinent info. I suggest you do that, because I did not know what the hell was going on; it was SETI which told me that you'd done all that, and now your account there as well as any hosts you may try to reconnect will be frozen until a valid explanation is given.

I'll be back in approx. 2 hours to post the links which show our old team, all 15M credits, and now BOINC itself is involved, so before you contact SETI and proclaim innocence, I would be very careful until I post the evidence they have against you in terms of trying to sabotage the team. I promise to be back with the links - one will be to the old team site with your name as founder and the team renamed and hidden. Another will be to BoincStats, where another member here took screen shots of the days we lost 10M on Einstein(another project u founder on) which the exact same thing happened. Any explanation you can give would be really cool...if ya give me til this evening, I'll let you in on what's been happening behind the scenes in the investigation so that you can prepare to defend yourself to them. Me, I have nothing against you other than your name was brought up in the context of 'sabotage', so I thought you were a team-jacker or some other X-tian 'activist' trying to destroy the team. It's cool you're actually here and we can iron this out--I will put a word in for you if you truly did by accident or if your account info was somehow compromised, because that's the only way it otherwise could have been done. I'm here to help if you're 'innocent', and I have no reason so far not to believe you. My apologies if you're offended, but I knew your OBC name only as the 'saboteur'...so it's possible some radical person took over your email and/or your BOINC founderships in an effort to destroy our team and your name.

Be back soon with the details and links.

S. Horse
StandardbredHorse

Print view this post

#24  Postby obscured by clouds » Mar 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Sure man, this is all beyond me. When I set up the teams I would have posted the information username/PW cause I knew I would not be around forever. I don't doubt that my log in was used, which would be the only way for that to happen. So yeah it will look like I did something. However I think my actions in other areas will show that is not something I would ever do. But that is not evidence. I don't even know what the log in is anymore. Are you the one that posted this on Sam Harris?

Yeah I am willing to help just don't know what help I can be since I have had nothing to do with BOINC and RDF in over a year. I will PM you with my phone number and we can talk more. Also if there is someone you can forward my info to I would be more then happy to talk to them.

I sent you a PM with my phone number.

Now this makes me wonder about the teams I set up for the reason project! I don't want to be the founder! The Staff also would have the log in....and in hind sight that might not be a good idea. But again I just wanted to start BOINC for the reason project I am not going to be active.

Let me know what's going on man! :cheers:
OBC world summer tour! LA ~ May 8, Thrasho De Mayo / Saint Vitus ~ West Coast Tour, Seattle, Protland, SF, LA, San Diego, Las Vegas June 25 - July 1 / July 4th weekend LA / Scotland, Oct? / Come and say hi if you live near! (more TBA)
obscured by clouds

Print view this post

#25  Postby StandardbredHorse » Mar 08, 2010 12:52 am

obscured by clouds wrote:Sure man, this is all beyond me. When I set up the teams I would have posted the information username/PW cause I knew I would not be around forever. I don't doubt that my log in was used, which would be the only way for that to happen. So yeah it will look like I did something. However I think my actions in other areas will show that is not something I would ever do. But that is not evidence. I don't even know what the log in is anymore. Are you the one that posted this on Sam Harris?

Yeah I am willing to help just don't know what help I can be since I have had nothing to do with BOINC and RDF in over a year. I will PM you with my phone number and we can talk more. Also if there is someone you can forward my info to I would be more then happy to talk to them.

I sent you a PM with my phone number.

Now this makes me wonder about the teams I set up for the reason project! I don't want to be the founder! The Staff also would have the log in....and in hind sight that might not be a good idea. But again I just wanted to start BOINC for the reason project I am not going to be active.

Let me know what's going on man! :cheers:

Yeah, man - it's all good, then. You let me take over CPDN a few months ago, so I've been handling that, but it was last Tuesday that someone used your login at Einstein to kick off all the team members and rename the team, which the BOINC software is supposed to prevent, but failed (so they're currently rewriting a bit of code). Thursday is when SETI was renamed (and closed to new members besides you so noone else could re-assume foundership and rename w/o asking for admin help), and somewhere along the line, LHC was damaged as well. The head of Rosetta transferred your foundership to me on an emerg basis, and you're currently founder on one or two other teams, so watch out for anything further. It looks like those are teams on which you're active, so I couldn't imagine you wanting to destroy just one or two if you were going to do that. :mrgreen:

Here's your account at SETI which shows the old team at 15M total credits (which when combined w/the other damaged projects caused us to freefall from the top 100 or so teams and plummeting to the aforementioned company), but with all members kicked out and locked out, and renamed from RDFRS to "Aset" so it would subtract the total from RDFRS combined unless brought to the att'n of admin and corrected, as many from this forum did: http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=129421.

For some reason, I'd been appointed the spokesperson because noone else had figured out wtf had happened until some investigation was done with the help of Ageless, myself and David A. from BOINC. As you can see on the link, it's your name as founder with 0 members, and a gibberish renaming.

The BoincStats site showed both the Tuesday Einstein and LHC and the Thursday SETI sabotage: http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_graph.php?pr=bo&id=133060 , (look at the dates, history and graph as well as SETI, Einstein, and LHC numbers). It also shows a whole list of team members, new and legacy members, that had been kicked off the same days:http://boincstats.com/stats/team_member_movement.php?pr=bo&id=1d7612acc19506bca7c27499d3156e15.

That stuff looks really bad on you, dude, and David at BOINC, who made up the cobblestone/credit system, is pissed. The admins of SETI and Einstein are working with him to restore as well as prevent further sabotage. Unfortunately, I think your name is linked with this (given what's shown on the pages) and so that's where their investigative focus will be. They'd told me to have you contact them via the threads or PM if I could to see what yr possible motive was (they assumed it was the cockup w/the old forum). David from BOINC requires special invitation to be shared, so I'll let you know what he says. I'll share my email with you; I'm really short on time so it may not be tonight since I have so much going on, and I've put too much effort in already since last week, but will quickly summarise the situation. Your story from here retold on the BOINC boards and Admin emails/PMs would be most helpful to show that it a) was not deliberate on *your* part, and 2) it was really sabotage by someone other than you, the longtime founder. Naturally, I wouldn't think someone who's part of a forum dedicated to rational thought and the advancement of science would do such a silly thing over some stats. Introduction of errors into the database via lost WUs and other unknown variables could have threatened the science had it gone undetected, especially since this was such a large team w/so many active volunteers.

Those links should be a good starting point for you to begin your personal quest to find out who might've used yr name; in terms of the new teams named 'RDFRS' and "RDFRS (Official) (as an attempt tp reform without recovering), they are under new team IDs, which will have to be merged with the old team ID to reinstate, and that's what's labour-intensive and making you kind of unpopular (by name). I didn't know you from Adam, so on some of the threads, please excuse if I wasn't so polite when referring to you/your apparent actions. I'd sent PMs and emails from within the projects to you that went unanswered; I believe I got a PM from you on the competing forum, but can't be sure now that was you. So...between the two of us, we should be able to get this straightened out. I'm now the founder of about 1/4 of all the Dawkins teams; Richard Prins is another major one, as is Stuart--you're the only other one who was involved in multiple projects, and the biggest ones to boot. So...careful--like I said, Rosetta's taken care of, but I'd better PM you the other projects which might be in trouble if your contact info's out of date and you don't respond (Sztaki desktop grid is one).

What looked especialy bad is that, on the day of the Einstein sabotage, it put us directly one spot behind team 'Christians'; on the second day, it put us in such fine company as being exactly one spot behind the White Power group; from memory I think it's the 'Stormfront White Nationalist Community', whose website I then visited on a lark and to see if it was one of them or the X-tians that did it.

Please don't share your logins/PWs unless you really trust certain team members, b/c it looks like you've been taken advantage of, assuming you're being truthful (like I said, no reason to question the story at this point). I'm in the final stages of communication with all the admin personnel at the projects themselves and also BOINC dev team and David A. They're fuckin pissed, not only b/c they've had team hijacks before, but they thought they fixed a way (yet obviously they didn't think of every backdoor) to prevent it from happening yet again, and now they have to waste valuable scientific time taking care of stats, which are supposed to be a fun incentive and light-hearted competition very secondary to the science work being done. I don't know you that well, but your membership in a forum like this would tend to make me think twice--after all, it's not an 'overclocking' team or for bird enthusiasts; it's a major team that's really grown and makes hundreds of thousands of credits/day, creeping on 100,000,000 worth really soon. It also exposed a vulnerability in their system and maybe they felt the egg running down their face a little bit that this could occur.

Again, please start w/the links above (any questions PM me or post here) and then sometime in the next day or 2 I will send out a mass email to those group admins and let them know you and I could be working together now. Anything I might have said was just because I hadn't yet met you and this was not a good first way to become familiar.

In any event, it's all to be fixed in the next coupla days, so you'll get my email addy in the CC for any private info you want to convey (will also check my PMs here). Hopefully this solution and reinstatement will satisfy everyone and then we can start implementing whatever ideas have come up on this thread between Richard P. and others and their ideas about how to proceed so this doesn't happen again, including removing Dawkins' name (which I oppose) b/c he's such a lightning rod for criticism.

Thanks for the explanation, for defending yourself, and we'll get this all sorted so your name is cleared and you can crunch with confidence again.

Take care for now,
*friendly greeting then departing nickers*
Standardbred Horse
StandardbredHorse

Print view this post

#26  Postby obscured by clouds » Mar 08, 2010 1:14 am

FYI I do not have information on any teams that I started, and therefor can not log in to transfer ownership! I do not even know the names of the projects that I would have started! This is complicated. We need to sort out the reason projects teams so that I am not the founder.

Can you give me the link to the discussion going on so I can join it? You have my phone number, feel free to share it with those that you might think would be the best to talk to so we can try to clear this up. And I will give you my personal email addy in PM.

This sucks. And thank you very much for your work on this, I am so clueless.
obscured by clouds

Print view this post

#27  Postby Made of Stars » Mar 08, 2010 11:55 am

I'd be happy with a generic name change. FWIW, the Folding team has changed their name to 'Atheists, Skeptics and Humanists' (ASH).

As far as I'm aware, I've had a PC doing SETI@, but will obviously have to check...
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#28  Postby StandardbredHorse » Mar 11, 2010 8:44 pm

Shoot...that last post I made was meant to be a PM - my apologies to OBC and also to the forum for any confusion that may have resulted.

As a status update for those who have been patiently waiting: David from BOINC and SETI has got this on his to-do list, but requested some more info from me and also asked that I contact OBC and see if it could be changed another way before he got deep into altering the stats databases. The last week or so, I've been really sick as well as dealing with some personal issues (newly-diagnosed cancer in the family, car troubles, will spare you all the details). It's being dealt with, but now that I'm kind of back, I will check in and see what's happening and when we might expect our teams to be restored. Probably David and the SETI/Einstein/LHC project managers are waiting on me, since they wanted to hear back whether I could work it out with Observed by Clouds because David will be fixing most of it, but the project admins will also have to do some work, so I'm sure they won't do anything until hearing back.

Made of Stars, so far it's split about 50/50 regarding a generic name change, so we should figure something out via consensus--perhaps some kind of a 'vote' or at least a thread devoted to it. However, what will have to happen is that all the team founders on all the projects (myself, Richard Prins, Stuart, and whoever would like OBC's foundership once it's transferred to me, as I'm not really active on any of those other teams and would prefer to transfer foundership to someone who is 1) extremely trustworthy and can be trusted not to vandalise before the BOINC software is updated to prevent this from happening again, and 2) who is more enthusiastic, participatory, and has a higher RAC) will have to change to an agreed-upon name and synchronise our actions. If it's the will of the community, then we'll find a way. First, though, we have to deal with the immediate problem.

Thanks for putting up with the delays - it's been a couple of weeks since the vandalism and I know people are frustrated. Thanks for not joining or creating any new teams on the problem projects (SETI, EInstein, LHC...all others, feel free) if you intend to stay with us, since that'd be just one more team and/or person which would have to be merged. I should have this really close to being done by tomorrow; hopefully it is, because the people in charge are M-F types, so probably nothing will be done on the weekend. Also keep in mind that other than SETI, Einstein, and LHC, we're stable and you can join up with Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science with no problem whatsoever and be part of the team with no worries.

A quick reminder: unless you use a special piece of software to manage all your BOINC accounts if you work on multiple projects, that just because you're on the team for one project doesn't mean you're on the team for the others, and your stats won't count towards the team's stats on the individual project(s) for which you're not signed up. We have one member (Whitey) who is on one RDFRS team, but is n/a on all other teams. Whitey is contributing an amazing amount to MilkyWay, but none of those count towards our team, since his team on MW is set to n/a. Whitey, if you're out there, or if anyone knows to contact him/her, please do...if it's Whitey's intent to not be on the team except for that one project, it's OK, but if (s)he would like all those MW credits (and credits from a couple other projects (s)he's on) to count towards the team's, all that has to be done is to go to your MW page and find our team and join. We'd sure appreciate it! There are about 20 members who have similar situations, so I thought I'd just remind everyone who's interested in our team to remember to join for each project you crunch. Thanks!

As always, I'm recruiting for help with FreeHal and the RSA Lattice Sieveing projects, since we're really short (i.e., it's just me actively crunching) on people. If you've got questions on those projects, feel free to PM me with any questions, either before or after joining--I'm founder, so am more than willing to troubleshoot if necessary. Use your BOINC manager to connect, but since the 'attach to project' doesn't show all projects, sometimes you have to manually provide them with an address, so here are the links to the front pages of each project so you can see what they're about as well as get the attach links so that you can copy/paste them into your BOINC manager's attach URL. Very quickly, the FreeHal project is something you can run, almost like GPU, at the same time as your main project(s) so you can crunch on both simultaneously. The FreeHal thing is the only project of its kind (and for those who like the credit game, it pays *very* well - I'm averaging ~10,000 credits per day, ~3500 per host). Here are the links:

http://freehal.net/freehal_at_home/

http://boinc.unsads.com/rsals/ (on this project, RDFRS is ranked #23 in the *world* in the monthly stats, with myself as the only member. With more, perhaps we could make Top 10? Attract more people to the forum(s) and ideas/news/etc. to spread education re: religion, science, and a reasoned approach to life's and the world's problems?

Thanks to all, and take care for now - will be back with pertinent news. Contact me with any questions.

StandardbredHorse
StandardbredHorse

Print view this post

#29  Postby obscured by clouds » Mar 11, 2010 9:06 pm

StandardbredHorse wrote:Shoot...that last post I made was meant to be a PM - my apologies to OBC and also to the forum for any confusion that may have resulted.

As a status update for those who have been patiently waiting: David from BOINC and SETI has got this on his to-do list, but requested some more info from me and also asked that I contact OBC and see if it could be changed another way before he got deep into altering the stats databases. The last week or so, I've been really sick as well as dealing with some personal issues (newly-diagnosed cancer in the family, car troubles, will spare you all the details). It's being dealt with, but now that I'm kind of back, I will check in and see what's happening and when we might expect our teams to be restored. Probably David and the SETI/Einstein/LHC project managers are waiting on me, since they wanted to hear back whether I could work it out with Observed by Clouds because David will be fixing most of it, but the project admins will also have to do some work, so I'm sure they won't do anything until hearing back.

No problem here man! Let me know what you guys need and I will do it. :thumbup:
obscured by clouds

Print view this post

#30  Postby RichardPrins » Mar 16, 2010 10:39 pm

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php
Version 6.10.37 released: 11 Mar 2010

* Fixes: Properly display project descriptions on Windows XP machines in the attach to project wizard.

Version 6.10.19 - 6.10.36 released: 1 Mar 2010

* New: Updated localization files
* New: Added accessibility support for advanced view (Mac)
* New: Added support for parsing username and password information from environment variables
* New: Added ability to ignore specific GPU cards through the use of ignore device through the use of a configuration file option
* New: Added ability to suspend BOINC's use of GPUs when certain applications are run through the use of a configuration file option
* New: Allow new screen saver options to be configured via the OS specific configuration screen
* New: Snooze GPU option off of the system tray menu
* New: Adjust GPU activity settings via the advanced view activity menu
* New: Added ability for a project to be specified as a "Backup Project" by setting its resource share to 0
* New: Suspend computation of BOINC applications if CPU usage from non-BOINC applications exceeds a volunteer defined value (Defaults to 25%)
* New: Support detecting SSE2, SSE3, and other forms of advanced instruction sets for older Windows machines (Windows)
* Fix: Numerous CPU/GPU scheduling fixes
* Fix: Numerous work-fetch fixes
* Fix: Mac Installer for non-admin installs
* Fix: Recover from crashes in Nvidia and ATI GPU functions (Linux, Mac)
* Fix: Reap child processes spawned from a wrapper on Posix systems (Linix, Mac)
* Fix: If a project supports ATI or Nvidia projects, display their icons in the project list
* Fix: Show most commonly used preferences in use during startup via messages.
RichardPrins

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Darkchilde » Mar 17, 2010 9:12 am

It still says it is in development stage and may be unstable for version 6.10.37
Darkchilde
RS Donator

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#32  Postby RichardPrins » Mar 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Darkchilde wrote:It still says it is in development stage and may be unstable for version 6.10.37

Yes, the stable version is still 6.10.18, but seeing the number of bug fixes that are listed it might be helpful to some who have some of those problems listed. Of course a newer version might introduce other bugs.
RichardPrins

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

Re: Scientists say LHC is BORING!!

#33  Postby crank » Mar 19, 2010 1:34 pm

newolder wrote:http://press.web.cern.ch/press/PressReleases/Releases2010/PR05.10E.html
LHC sets new record – accelerates beam to 3.5 TeV

I actually got a WU in BOINC the other day, surprised the hell out of me.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#34  Postby newolder » Mar 19, 2010 3:28 pm

Me too. The work lasted from 4 to 8 March and then all went quiet again.
I Iike to show that screensaver to visitors - the 'pancake' protons are a cool representation...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#35  Postby crank » Mar 19, 2010 3:44 pm

newolder wrote:Me too. The work lasted from 4 to 8 March and then all went quiet again.
I Iike to show that screensaver to visitors - the 'pancake' protons are a cool representation...

I haven't see, is there way to see without processing LHC WUs? I don't use the screensaver because it has always been unstable for me, except in laptop??
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#36  Postby newolder » Mar 19, 2010 3:49 pm

I don't know of a way to display it without an active WU but one can click the "show graphics" button for a selected WU from the BOINC Manager/Tasks tab.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#37  Postby StandardbredHorse » Apr 06, 2010 12:45 am

obscured by clouds wrote:
StandardbredHorse wrote:Shoot...that last post I made was meant to be a PM - my apologies to OBC and also to the forum for any confusion that may have resulted.

No problem here man! Let me know what you guys need and I will do it. :thumbup:

Thanks, OBC - I finally got David to release the hold on new members, so all you have to do is rejoin. I've requested foundership from you if you don't want it, and if not, I will rename it back to the original and we'll see what happens.

I'm sorry it took so long, I've had a family member stricken with cancer and have been dealing with that shit for about 3 weeks.

We got 2 members - you and me, hombre. We've got to get our other members back. I'm in talks w/David as to how to integrate as a next step. We got all our credits back, but no team members yet. You want foundership, or you want me to do it? If you take it, please rename to the original team name and then I think everyone at the forum wanted to chime in on ideas for either keeping it the same or making it a new name.

Thanks for your help. Sorry your name seemed to have been smeared, but we're really talking about 'OBC' the hacker, not you the man and the real "OBC". Thanks, and a big thumbs up to you too. :beer:
StandardbredHorse

Print view this post

#38  Postby StandardbredHorse » Apr 06, 2010 12:52 am

Hay all,

So we've got our team back on SETI....all we need is for y'all to rejoin, maybe rename the 'new' RDFRS team(s) with little credit, and we've got our 15,000,000 back. I'll see what we can do about getting some of our members reinstated automatically, and if you don't want this, feel free to quit the team and move on...

Renaming is still an issue, but let's take things one step at a time. Right now OBC and StandardbredHorse (me) are the only 2 on the original team. Can I get a hell yeah?

Sorry again it took so long..many personal pressing matters took precedence.

If you want back on the original team, search for "ASET" and look for us. Once OBC and I decide on foundership, we're going to try and rename to the original name and see if it causes conflicts. If so, there's more work to be done, but we'll be getting there. I'm hoping for a full integration.

To those who started the team name with 'Official' tacked on as a way of trying to salvage the original team, please discontinue that, as the original is the official team again. Join us?

Still gotta iron out some bugs, get Einstein and LHC up, but we're a third of the way there. Let's do this....

Thanks to all,

Am bushed, so will get back at y'all soon. Still got hospital visits to maintain for the time being, starting in about an hour.

S. Horse
StandardbredHorse

Print view this post

#39  Postby obscured by clouds » Apr 06, 2010 2:21 am

You were the workhorse through all of this, thank you for the email and all of your work on this!

:cheers:
obscured by clouds

Print view this post

#40  Postby StandardbredHorse » Apr 06, 2010 6:21 pm

obscured by clouds wrote:You were the workhorse through all of this, thank you for the email and all of your work on this!

:cheers:

Workhorse, I like it :o) :grin: You're one of the first to 'get' me on my level. Thanks.

The SETI db is down right now, so I can't test to see what's going on, but I'll keep in touch. I've still got hospital duties today, so I may be in and out, but thanks again for your help.

Gotta keep this brief...

Take care for now,

S. Horse
StandardbredHorse

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Science & Technology