South American mummy ritually sacrificed

Discussion and analysis of past events and their causes and effects.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

South American mummy ritually sacrificed

#1  Postby DougC » Feb 28, 2014 4:06 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26357011
B.B.C. Article
A previously unidentified female mummy was killed in a ritual sacrifice in South America, new research has found.
A team of scientists analysed the skull to find evidence of a blunt trauma to the head, suggesting she died very quickly from the blow.
DNA analysis also revealed she suffered from a parasitic infection called Chagas disease, they write in Plos One.
Her symptoms indicated she would not have lived for much longer even if she had escaped her killers.
Chagas is still endemic in South America - especially those living in poverty - and can be deadly if not treated early.
Andreas Nerlich, co-author of the study from Munich University, Germany, said that the girl was likely to have come from a poor family.

(Continues)
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: South American mummy ritually sacrificed

#2  Postby Alan B » Mar 03, 2014 7:44 pm

Interesting.But where and to what is her left forefinger pointing? Seems to have been deliberately arranged in that manner.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to History