Anti-blasphemy law to hand down death penalty for atheists

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Anti-blasphemy law to hand down death penalty for atheists

#1  Postby DoctorE » Oct 04, 2013 9:24 am

Some crazy fucker....
Radical Islamist group Hefazat-e-Islam on Thursday said the government still had time to amend the constitution to enact an anti-blasphemy law to hand down death penalty for atheists.

Ameer of the organisation Shah Ahmed Shafi also demanded fulfilling their “pro-Islamic” 13-point demands, including the restoration of “Absolute Trust and Faith in Almighty Allah” in the constitution “to ease the grievances of touhidi janata [religious Muslims].”

He made the remarks after holding a meeting with a Hefazat delegation from Chhagalnaiya of Feni, according to a media statement signed by Shafi’s Press Secretary Maulana Munir Ahmed.

Shafi also claimed that they were not against women, but wanted “to preserve their dignity and rights.”

Continues: http://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/ ... -law-shafi
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Re: Anti-blasphemy law to hand down death penalty for atheists

#2  Postby Blackadder » Oct 04, 2013 9:47 am

DoctorE wrote:Some crazy fucker....
Radical Islamist group Hefazat-e-Islam on Thursday said the government still had time to amend the constitution to enact an anti-blasphemy law to hand down death penalty for atheists.

Ameer of the organisation Shah Ahmed Shafi also demanded fulfilling their “pro-Islamic” 13-point demands, including the restoration of “Absolute Trust and Faith in Almighty Allah” in the constitution “to ease the grievances of touhidi janata [religious Muslims].”

He made the remarks after holding a meeting with a Hefazat delegation from Chhagalnaiya of Feni, according to a media statement signed by Shafi’s Press Secretary Maulana Munir Ahmed.

Shafi also claimed that they were not against women, but wanted “to preserve their dignity and rights.”

Continues: http://www.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/ ... -law-shafi

That'll be the Religion of Peace™, right? You know the one that proclaims "Let there be no compulsion in religion". Except that many of its followers seem overly fond of killing those who disagree. Still, the No True Scotsman defence is invariably invoked there. So that's all fine then.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Anti-blasphemy law to hand down death penalty for atheists

#3  Postby chairman bill » Oct 04, 2013 10:51 am

Blackadder wrote:That'll be the Religion of Peace™, right? You know the one that proclaims "Let there be no compulsion in religion".

I've signed up & posted that very comment.

If anyone else fancies doing the same, the relevant bit is this -

Allah says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made clear from error. Whoever rejects false worship and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that never breaks. And Allah hears and knows all things.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 256]
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Islam