Eating dates protects from poison

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Eating dates protects from poison

#1  Postby termina » Oct 04, 2013 5:37 pm

...according to a hadeeth:
Allah's Apostle said, "He who eats seven 'Ajwa dates every morning, will not be affected by poison or magic on the day he eats them." (Sahih Bukhari 7:65:356)

Magic left aside, this hadeeth is heavy in implications: it sounds falsifiable and could ridicule some muslim apologists' tenets if wrong (as many of them hail Muhammad's medicinal advice as miraculous) and would be veeeeeerrryy helpful if true.
But these apologists tie themselves in knots trying to save their dogma. Let's have a look at the different answers I've come across:
* it works but don't attempt to test it by drinking deliberately poison, you fool!
* it works only when God wills (sounds like the chrisitian rationalization of failed prayers)
* this hadeeth doesn't say these dates immunize you to poison but that they prevent people from having you drink poison
* it won't work if you aren't a good muslim!
* actually, if you interpret "poison" in this hadeeth as refering to microorganism toxins, this would be miraculously consistent with such or such recent study...

It's amazing to see these muslims apologists trying to make the hadeeth harder to falsify!
What do you think to their excuses? Do you think they know deep down it's BS ?
termina

Male

Print view this post

Re: Eating dates protects from poison

#2  Postby Alan B » Oct 08, 2013 1:12 pm

Of course they know it's BS.
But like all religious nutters they fool themselves into not letting other people know their true feelings.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby DoctorE » Oct 08, 2013 1:31 pm

What about...
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Paul » Oct 08, 2013 1:40 pm

What about dates that have been laced with poison?

"Peter, I can see your house from here!"
Paul

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Oeditor » Oct 15, 2013 7:48 pm

DoctorE wrote:What about...
[video of lying man
Simple: he's just trying to puff up the value of his holding in Beyer shares. Next: Royal Mail shares soar when it's announced that in future letters will be carried by one-winged flies. I hope they pull off the microbe-containing wings, or addressees will all be doomed. Doomed, I tell you, doomed!
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Islam