Forced Islamic Conversion in UK Prisons

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Forced Islamic Conversion in UK Prisons

#1  Postby Alan B » Mar 17, 2010 6:27 pm

These nutters get everywhere - even the prison screws can't control them.

Sharia Law in UK Prisons
Non-Muslim inmates at the high-security Long Lartin jail have been forced by the gangs to stop playing "Western" music and take down pictures of women from their cells, according to one former prison officer there. Prisoners at the jail, although allowed to cook their own food, are not allowed to prepare pork for fear of offending the Muslim inmates, the officer said.

The officer, speaking to Radio Five Live's Donal Macintyre show, told how younger prisoners were targeted for forced conversion to Islam by the gangs. "They went along because they were intimidated. They genuinely weren't of the Muslim faith," she said. "I knew one lad quite well, who was approached by the radical Muslims and he changed. He was being controlled and bossed around and he wasn't even allowed to look at me or speak to me.

"He just seemed very frightened all the time. He used to be forced to pray at certain times and he was even forced to grow a long beard even though he didn't want to."

However,
A spokesman for the Ministry of Justice said: "It is ridiculous to suggest that any gang 'controls' a prison. The Prison Service has a wealth of experience in dealing with gang activity and managing prisoners who form gangs. Expert staff identify, challenge and disrupt those prisoners attempting to bully, influence or intimidate others. We have long established strategies to address gang behaviour, and to counter bullying, combat illicit mobile phones and tackle drugs."

The spokesman said there was "no evidence" that al-Qaeda videos had been watched and insisted that bacon was not banned.

My feeling is, well, they would say that wouldn't they.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Forced Islamic Conversion in UK Prisons

#2  Postby Oeditor » Mar 17, 2010 8:03 pm

Alan B wrote:
The spokesman said there was "no evidence" that al-Qaeda videos had been watched and insisted that bacon was not banned.
Of course bacon won't have been banned. Just like the Muslim police chef, they love a bacon butty. After all, they're in gaol because they're naughty boys.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby james1v » Mar 17, 2010 8:18 pm

The authorities dont have to ban pork, just knowing you will get your face kicked it for cooking it should suffice! No? :ask:

As for the authorities being in charge! :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Alan B » Mar 17, 2010 9:34 pm

Oeditor wrote:Of course bacon won't have been banned. Just like the Muslim police chef, they love a bacon butty. After all, they're in gaol because they're naughty boys.

I agree with you there. I used to work with some gentlemen from Pakistan. Friday lunchtime comes and we're off to the pub for a pint and a ham sandwich. Hypocrites.

But in a prison with a 'gang' culture? :dunno: It only takes one or two radical fundamentalist types to start intimidating the rest...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Byron » Mar 18, 2010 10:01 am

Alan B wrote:My feeling is, well, they would say that wouldn't they.

"Fair cop, we lost control of the prisons decades ago. At least it's not on fire at the mo, eh." :grin:

[flippant]Of all the things a prison gang could force you to do, I guess praying, growing your whiskers, and abstaining from bacon butties is what you'd call getting off mildly.[/flippant]
I don't believe in the no-win scenario.
Kirk, Enterprise

Ms. Lovelace © Ms. Padua, resident of 2D Goggles
Byron

Male

Print view this post

Return to Islam