Girl Who Converted to Christianity Subjected to Acid attack

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Girl Who Converted to Christianity Subjected to Acid attack

#1  Postby DoctorE » Apr 19, 2010 11:40 am

Religion of peace...

he Assyrian International News Agency (www.aina.org), is reporting the shocking news that Dina el-Gowhary, a 15-year-old Egyptian Muslim-born girl who converted to Christianity, has been subjected to an acid attack, the latest in a string of failed attempts by Muslim fanatics against her and her father, 57-year-old Peter Athanasius (Maher el-Gowhary), who converted to Christianity 35 years ago.

In a story written by Mary Abdelmassih for AINA, several Fatwa's were issued calling for the “spilling of his blood,” which makes their lives in constant danger in the face of the reactionaries and advocates for the enforcement of Islamic apostasy laws, which call for the death of a convert.

According to Abdelmassih, Dina said that three weeks ago, as she ventured out from their hiding place in Alexandria with her father to get some bottled water, her jacket was set on fire due to acid being thrown at her.

“My father quickly took my jacket off before the fire reached my arms,” she said. “Ever since then I am terrorized to go out in the street, with or without my father.”

Continues: http://www.assistnews.net/Stories/2010/s10040103.htm
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Re: Girl Who Converted to Christianity Subjected to Acid att

#2  Postby Tomas Kringen » Apr 19, 2010 11:53 am

When some friends of mine was in Egypt recently, they spoke with a christian waiter who told them about his father who was burned alive by Islamists, because he refused to convert to Islam. Moral of the story : submit to Islam.
Tomas Kringen

Norway (no)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Sityl » Apr 19, 2010 11:55 am

Tomas Kringen wrote:When some friends of mine was in Egypt recently, they spoke with a christian waiter who told them about his father who was burned alive by Islamists, because he refused to convert to Islam. Moral of the story : submit to Islam.

Moral of the story: fundamentalism is a mental illness.
Stephen Colbert wrote:Now, like all great theologies, Bill [O'Reilly]'s can be boiled down to one sentence - 'There must be a god, because I don't know how things work.'

Sityl

Name: Ser Sityllan Payne
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby MoonLit » Apr 19, 2010 12:03 pm

Ugh. She was NOT born a Muslim.
Image Image Image Image
Click the eggs please!
MoonLit
RS Donator

Name: Andi
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby tetters » Apr 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Religion of Peace my ass.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...
WOW! What a ride!" - Hunter S. Thompson
tetters
RS Donator

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Return to Islam