Is the muslim the new jew?

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Is the muslim the new jew?

#21  Postby Luis Dias » May 12, 2010 12:36 pm

byofrcs wrote:
james1v wrote:No, the Jewish people have never tried to dominate the world, threatening to murder anyone who insults their god, or prophets. :coffee:

(Well not now. Allegedly their god did wipe out all of humanity other than 1 family and a bunch of animals. Though that story could be lost in translation. ).

Actually they did worse than trying to "dominate the world". They killed God. They committed deicide!
Luis Dias

Male

Portugal (pt)
Print view this post

#22  Postby NineBerry » May 12, 2010 1:25 pm

Yes, but you cannot compare the situation today with that of the beginning of the 20th century. You can compare it to the situation in the second half of the 19th century. however. There are many similarities. In Germany, we had the "Berliner Antisemitismusstreit" during that time. And if you know the details about it, the similarities cannot be overlooked.
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#23  Postby Luis Dias » May 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Thanks for the historical reference, NineBerry. Reading the wikipedia page about it is astonishing.
Luis Dias

Male

Portugal (pt)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Beatsong » May 13, 2010 12:10 am

JWG wrote:
theye1 wrote:I'll just leave this here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39siKorcLIA[/youtube]

Thanks for sharing this. :cheers:

It definitely drew in my attention. Going to add it to my list to watch soon. Below is a link to the full program. Enjoy!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1a2_1256056095

Was that alienpresence I could see in the background of that video?
Beatsong

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Mac_Guffin » May 13, 2010 12:26 am

james1v wrote:No, the Jewish people have never tried to dominate the world, threatening to murder anyone who insults their god, or prophets. :coffee:

Mac_Guffin

Name: Christopher
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Oldskeptic » May 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Luis Dias wrote:
Just asking. Considering that in the early 20th century, the jews were hated by many people, who regarded them as the reason why their societies were so bad, and considering the growing confrontation between muslim and occidental values, with all the events that we know of, making people start to consider a less diplomatic relationship with them, the question seems interesting enough for a new thread (to me at least)

So, is the muslim the "jew" of the 21st century?

No, but Islam seen as radical Islamism has gone a long way towards replacing the “aggressive Communist threat” as the favored way for some western governments to scare the hell out of nearly everyone.
There is nothing so absurd that some philosopher will not say it - Cicero.

Traditionally these are questions for philosophy, but philosophy is dead - Stephen Hawking
Oldskeptic

Male

Print view this post

#27  Postby Stublore » May 21, 2010 12:17 am

In relation to the OT No.
Stublore

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#28  Postby Hugin » May 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Tbickle wrote:No. The oppression of the Jews was based upon some amount of scapegoating for societal problems, vast conspiracy theories, blatant bigotry, and a healthy dose of Jews being blamed for the death of Jeebus to boost. I think most people's issues with Islam stem from the oppression and violence that spews forth from it. One was an irrational hatred of a particular group of people, and the other is a very real concern regarding the tenets of that particular religion and what effect is has on the population.

:thumbup:
"If there were an Economist's Creed, it would surely contain the affirmations 'I understand the Principle of Comparative Advantage' and 'I advocate Free Trade'." - Paul Krugman
Hugin
Banned User

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Religion? » May 26, 2010 1:55 pm

theye1 wrote:I'll just leave this here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39siKorcLIA[/youtube]

Finding kids in the street ready to abuse people is hardly a 'state of the nation' commentary.

You'll find this kind of thing in every majority white area school playground in the country. Only in places like Luton or Bradford schools will you not find this, because of the balance of numbers.

This kind of TV is cheap pseudo entrapment, you could march any number of minority groups up there including disabled ex-servicemen, morbidly obese, Chinese etc and they would get the same style of abuse.
Religion?

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Religion? » May 26, 2010 3:35 pm

Brasky wrote:

http://www.muslimwestfacts.com/mwf/1182 ... -2009.aspx (this entire study is actually quite interesting).

Indeed it is. A very interesting read.
Religion?

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Islam