More wonderful Quranic science!

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

More wonderful Quranic science!

#1  Postby Shrunk » Mar 29, 2010 2:59 pm

...courtesy of one Prof. Pallacken Abdul Wahid, of Kerala Agricultural University, who has proven that genetics and genomics are a fraud! It's all right here:

Phenomena of life and death explained based on a computer model of organism in the light of the Quran and the Bible

PZ Myers has already had a good go at this scholarly publication. But to whet your appetite, I will simply provide this diagram from the venerable Prof. Wahid, which demonstrates the scientific basis for the claim that Allah created Eve from a rib:

Let that be a warning: Don't have a mouthful of coffee when you click on the link.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: More wonderful Quranic science!

#2  Postby iamthereforeithink » Mar 29, 2010 3:05 pm

I might even have taken it seriously, if he had not put the Quran/ Adam& Eve shit in the end.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
iamthereforeithink

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3  Postby GenesForLife » Mar 29, 2010 3:05 pm

ROFL...
GenesForLife

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby GenesForLife » Mar 29, 2010 3:13 pm

I apologise for this national disgrace...
GenesForLife

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Shrunk » Mar 29, 2010 3:17 pm

There is a serious aspect to this, in that the website by all appearances is meant to be taken seriously. Here is their stated purpose:

About SciTopicsSciTopics is a free, wiki-like knowledge-sharing service for the scientific community. It offers distilled, authoritative and up-to-date research summaries on a wide range of scientific topics.
SciTopics is designed to be a starting point for researchers to gain an introductory overview of a particular topic, while also identifying sources for a more in-depth analysis and coverage of that topic. Unlike other web services for the scientific community, SciTopics does not focus on one specific scientific discipline, but is open to researchers from all scientific areas.
SciTopics is characterized by the unique integration of content, searching & browsing and community features

I've sent them an email notifying them that this article is not in keeping with that mission. We'll see if they respond.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Alan B » Mar 29, 2010 4:47 pm

If we succeed in creating life from chemical molecules, it will mark the end of religion and God. On the other hand if the research fails, it will not only prove the molecular gene wrong but will also confirm that God exists and the Quran is true. Let us wait for the verdict – the scientific answer to the biggest question ever!
My Bold.

But... But... How can the research fail if it continues for ever and ever? All that will happen will be a long line of 'no success', until one day...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Islam