The virginity industry

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

The virginity industry

#1  Postby DoctorE » Apr 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Sick

Young Arab women wait in an upmarket medical clinic for an operation that will not only change their lives, but quite possibly save it. Yet the operation is a matter of choice and not necessity. It costs about 2,000 euros (£1,700) and carries very little risk.

The clinic is not in Dubai or Cairo, but in Paris. And the surgery they are waiting for is to restore their virginity.

Whether in Asia or the Arab world, an unknown number of women face an agonising problem having broken a deep taboo. They've had sex outside marriage and if found out, risk being ostracised by their communities, or even murdered.

Sonia underwent surgery to reconnect her hymen
Sonia says she considered suicide after her first sexual relationship

Now more and more of them are undergoing surgery to re-connect their hymens and hide any sign of past sexual activity. They want to ensure that blood is spilled on their wedding night sheets

Continues: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8641099.stm
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Re: The virginity industry

#2  Postby MoonLit » Apr 29, 2010 2:20 pm

I find it sad they feel the need to have it done in the first place. :(
Image Image Image Image
Click the eggs please!
MoonLit
RS Donator

Name: Andi
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Dr. Kwaltz » Apr 29, 2010 3:05 pm

The value of female life in religion is on par with a cockroach.

Insanity! It's a fricking flap of skin and trust me, you really don't want to take someones virginity, it's often messy and painful if the hymen has not broken from normal life activities such as gymnastics, climbing, riding etc. It is most likely quite tough and will be hard to penetrate.

No thanks, give me a pre-opened woman!
Coworker on food:
We have 4 basic food groups: alcohol, fat, chocolate and caffeine... Get them all in a Mudslide!
Me:
I'm a tea lover - Long Island Ice Tea to be specific.
Dr. Kwaltz

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Millefleur » Apr 29, 2010 3:23 pm

A pre-opened woman :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what happens if no blood is 'spilled' on the sheets then, despite being a virgin? Is that considered a true sign of pre-marital sex, would the bride be punished/ostracised?
This post was brought to you by Millefleur's Mature Responses™

Millefleur

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby mmmcheezy » Apr 29, 2010 3:29 pm

When I lost my virginity there was no blood. Sure, there was pain, a lot more fucking pain than I expected, but there was literally NO blood. I would have been killed.
http://www.rantingnraging.tumblr.com

I'm not larger than life, I'm not taller than trees
mmmcheezy
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Millefleur wrote:A pre-opened woman :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what happens if no blood is 'spilled' on the sheets then, despite being a virgin? Is that considered a true sign of pre-marital sex, would the bride be punished/ostracised?

Well in Yemen that could lead to a stoning. Her social position otherwise will be nil and probably end up as a prostitute.
It could also end up as a honour killing which could happen in western Europe.
Any way it goes she will have no life any morein a muslim world.

This is what the muslim world thinks over repairing the hymen

Ruling on operations to repair the hymen
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Kuia » May 04, 2010 5:59 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:

Not 'the muslim world' but the opinion of one person.
We don't know what proportion of 'the muslim world' shares that opinion.
Kuia

Print view this post

#8  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Kuia wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

It is not the opinion of one person. The site does not work that way. Everything is checked by other authors.
That is why they claim to an authority on islamic affaires.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Ash » May 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Like mmmcheezy I probably would have been in for a stoning as well. Not every girl bleeds, and I find it amazing that cultures that place so much importance on virginity haven't copped on yet. Or have copped but don't give a shite.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
Ash

Female

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Ash wrote:Like mmmcheezy I probably would have been in for a stoning as well. Not every girl bleeds, and I find it amazing that cultures that place so much importance on virginity haven't copped on yet. Or have copped but don't give a shite.

Yep thats the score. No blood your dead meat. I read somewhere that they put in a blood capsule when they so it up which bursts when there is penetration. This is also true for the Romany people.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Mononoke » May 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Ash wrote:Like mmmcheezy I probably would have been in for a stoning as well. Not every girl bleeds, and I find it amazing that cultures that place so much importance on virginity haven't copped on yet. Or have copped but don't give a shite.

I used to date a girl from the squash team at Uni, she said her hymen got torn while playing squash. At first i thought she was hinting at something more risque, but then she punched me. So i think she was telling the truth
Mononoke

Male

Sri Lanka (lk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Ash » May 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:

Yep thats the score. No blood your dead meat. I read somewhere that they put in a blood capsule when they so it up which bursts when there is penetration. This is also true for the Romany people.

Hmm, I'd heard that they hide the capsule close by and discreetly burst it over the sheet themselves. I think the way you mentioned makes more sense though, there's less chance of getting caught out. :think:

Mononoke wrote:I used to date a girl from the squash team at Uni, she said her hymen got torn while playing squash. At first i thought she was hinting at something more risque, but then she punched me. So i think she was telling the truth

Many others tear it by riding horses. There can be a lot of misunderstanding with these stories when you're dirty minded! :lol:
Ash

Female

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 04, 2010 4:14 pm

Many others tear it by riding horses.

:naughty2: .............

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#14  Postby locutus7 » May 04, 2010 4:22 pm

What I don't get is the females in these patriarchal religions - Islam, Mormons, Baptists - that defend their lot in life as submissive property.
"The idea of a "god" creating the Universe is a mechanistic absurdity clearly derived from the making of machines by men." Fred Hoyle

"Your book of myths is about as much use as a fishnet condom is for birth control." Cali
locutus7

Print view this post

#15  Postby Mononoke » May 04, 2010 4:38 pm

Ash wrote:
There can be a lot of misunderstanding with these stories when you're dirty minded! :lol:

I wasn't being particularly dirty minded, any self respecting 21 year old would have done what I did. It's the violent response that baffles me.
Mononoke

Male

Sri Lanka (lk)
Print view this post

#16  Postby Ash » May 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Mononoke wrote:
Ash wrote:
There can be a lot of misunderstanding with these stories when you're dirty minded! :lol:

I wasn't being particularly dirty minded, any self respecting 21 year old would have done what I did. It's the violent response that baffles me.

True! I didn't really think about it the first time I read your post, but a punch is a bit of an extreme reaction! :eh: I would have just laughed it off.
Ash

Female

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Mononoke » May 04, 2010 5:10 pm

Ash wrote:
Mononoke wrote:
Ash wrote:

True! I didn't really think about it the first time I read your post, but a punch is a bit of an extreme reaction! :eh: I would have just laughed it off.

No, i was just taking a bit of a piss. She punched me but it wasn't spiteful punch, it was i'm too embarrassed to do anything other that punch you punch. It was a fairly affectionate gesture, i think.
Mononoke

Male

Sri Lanka (lk)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Ash » May 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Mononoke wrote:
Ash wrote:
Mononoke wrote:
Ash wrote:

No, i was just taking a bit of a piss. She punched me but it wasn't spiteful punch, it was i'm too embarrassed to do anything other that punch you punch. It was a fairly affectionate gesture, i think.

Ha ha, oops! I thought you meant it was like a slap-worthy situation that got a bit more violent. :lol:
Ash

Female

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Kuia » May 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Kuia wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

It is not the opinion of one person. The site does not work that way. Everything is checked by other authors.
That is why they claim to an authority on islamic affaires.

One person writes the opinion. It is not the opinion of the 'muslim world'.
We don't know what proportion of the 'muslim world' shares that opinion.
Their claiming authority over 'muslim affairs' does not mean all muslims agree.
Clearly not all agree or the question wouldn't have arisen in the fist place.
Kuia

Print view this post

#20  Postby Oeditor » May 04, 2010 11:38 pm

Kuia wrote:
Clearly not all agree or the question wouldn't have arisen in the fist place.
Not so. Someone brought up in a demanding complicated religion might well want to comply but not have been told what that particular rule was. It's the answer that shows more than one opinion as to how the slaves of Allah must behave.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Islam