Waste Tax-payer Money For Quran Reciters

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Waste Tax-payer Money For Quran Reciters

#1  Postby Drake'sEquation » Mar 14, 2010 7:45 pm

I know that there's a problem with religious places/buildings. They're given tax-exempt status that they don't deserve.
Us Malaysians, it seems, take pride in taking it one step further.
http://unmalaysia.wordpress.com/2010/03 ... lifestyle/

We are giving them (the Quran reciters) money - about RM 2000 per month for the rest of their life.
Not only we are wasting our tax-money, we are also seeing the closeness of State and Mosque.
I believe that any government should not intervene in any religious matters. I believe that you should never ever mix religion with politics.
There are matters much more important than reading some holy book for the government to deal with.
Like the education of the young people of this country, for example. (No, religious education doesn't count.)
Its rather quite simple to know when a religion is intolerant.
You need only to look at how the God/Gods of the religion think of non-believers.
Hence, all 3 Gods of Judaism, Christianity and Islam is intolerant.
Drake'sEquation

Print view this post

Re: Waste Tax-payer Money For Quran Reciters

#2  Postby Dracena » Mar 14, 2010 9:22 pm

Some text from the article:

unmalaysia.wordpress wrote:
Both times when Unscientific Malaysia broke the news that the government will be paying RM2,000 per month to international champion qaris and qariahs (Quran reciters)
for life, we got the same responses.

A lot of our readers commented—rather jokingly—that now they too want to join the gang of reciters or even go as far as converting to Islam.

Such was the allure of the pay, and in a way Prime Minister Najib Razak had achieved his goal in ensuring that ample rewards are given to these people.

However, is this reward justified? It is, after all RM2,000 per month, for the rest of your lives, just like that.

To put this into perspective, each reciter will receive an annual reward of RM24,000. You don’t even need to recite everyday, or turn up to reciters’ offices,
or slave your lives away… You need to do absolutely nothing.

Fucking disgraceful :-x

Drake'sEquation wrote:I know that there's a problem with religious places/buildings. They're given tax-exempt status that they don't deserve.
Us Malaysians, it seems, take pride in taking it one step further.
http://unmalaysia.wordpress.com/2010/03 ... lifestyle/

We are giving them (the Quran reciters) money - about RM 2000 per month for the rest of their life.
Not only we are wasting our tax-money, we are also seeing the closeness of State and Mosque.
I believe that any government should not intervene in any religious matters. I believe that you should never ever mix religion with politics.
There are matters much more important than reading some holy book for the government to deal with.
Like the education of the young people of this country, for example. (No, religious education doesn't count.)

:thumbup:
Dracena

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: Waste Tax-payer Money For Quran Reciters

#3  Postby Oeditor » Mar 29, 2010 7:02 pm

I make that about $US7,200. It also looks to be about the median income for Malaysia.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Islam