Greetings from RichardDawkins.com

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Greetings from RichardDawkins.com

#1  Postby Raptor » Mar 01, 2010 10:30 am

I and some associates started that website in 1999, because there was not valid single source of information on Richard Dawkins on the internet back then. Since then, we have run it and updated it as a group of volunteering fans, likewise with the related Twitter account.

Dealing with Josh T. over the years, I am not at all surprised at his recent destruction of Dawkins forum. It was his plan in 2006 to sell Richards name, and his little marketing creation The Out Campaign "A", on stickers, buttons, pins, and coffee mugs. A disinterested paid employee scrambling for profits, not a volunteer with any passion, and the ultimate result is a mishandled forum that completely collapsed.

The Dawkins, Atheist, Skeptic community needs a forum like this, which is why I'll be tweeting about it today (right after the tweet describing the disaster of Josh http://is.gd/9r3zb ) Hopefully it will result in new registrations and ultimately a new community of equals sharing thoughts, without the blunt mindless moderation of the forum this one replaced.
Raptor

Print view this post

Re: Greetings from RichardDawkins.com

#2  Postby Fallible » Mar 01, 2010 10:46 am

Welcome, Raptor. :cheers:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3  Postby fredbear » Mar 01, 2010 10:50 am

hi and welcome raptor. i don't agree with you about the moderation on rdf but i am sure we all are grateful for your support of this new forum. :cheers:
fredbear

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Durro » Mar 01, 2010 11:11 am

Hello from Brisbane, Australia, and welcome!

As a house warming present, here's a few laughs for your entertainment.

:cheers:
I'll start believing in Astrology the day that all Sagittarians get hit by a bus, as predicted.
Durro
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#5  Postby stijndeloose » Mar 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Welcome, raptor! :cheers:
Fallible wrote:Don't bacon picnic.
stijndeloose
Banned User

Name: Stdlnjo
Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#6  Postby HughMcB » Mar 01, 2010 2:41 pm

Welcome aboard the lifeboat Raptor! :cheers:

Your support and help is very much appreciated. As you can imagine we need all the exposure we can get as many RDF refugees are still adrift on the high seas. We also really want fresh blood in here too of both believers and non-believers alike.

Very interesting to get your inside scoop on the story, great to have you here! :)
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#7  Postby starr » Mar 02, 2010 3:17 am

Raptor wrote:I and some associates started that website in 1999, because there was not valid single source of information on Richard Dawkins on the internet back then. Since then, we have run it and updated it as a group of volunteering fans, likewise with the related Twitter account.

Dealing with Josh T. over the years, I am not at all surprised at his recent destruction of Dawkins forum. It was his plan in 2006 to sell Richards name, and his little marketing creation The Out Campaign "A", on stickers, buttons, pins, and coffee mugs. A disinterested paid employee scrambling for profits, not a volunteer with any passion, and the ultimate result is a mishandled forum that completely collapsed.

The Dawkins, Atheist, Skeptic community needs a forum like this, which is why I'll be tweeting about it today (right after the tweet describing the disaster of Josh http://is.gd/9r3zb ) Hopefully it will result in new registrations and ultimately a new community of equals sharing thoughts, without the blunt mindless moderation of the forum this one replaced.

Thanks so much for this Raptor :cheers:

It's great to have you here and we very much appreciate your support. :thumbup:
stijndeloose wrote: A wise decision that anyone can make: if you feel tempted to attack a RatSkep member, take a break.

starr
RS Donator

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Return to Welcome New Members