Hello fellow skeptics!

let me introduce myself

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Hello fellow skeptics!

#1  Postby Minimolas » Nov 24, 2012 3:15 am

My name is Nicholas James Evans. I, and most likely everyone here, want to better understand humanity and life and see an improvement in our species. While we all have different views and ideas, it is best that we keep open minds and come together for discussion. You all know this, and that is why I'm very happy to have found this forum.

Now a little about myself.

I consider myself a minimalist which is basically a person who wants to get rid of excess possessions and live a simpler life with less. My username comes from the combination of Minimalist and Nicholas. Minimolas

I love nature, comedy, logic, limited government, and good talks. :grin:
Atheist. Anarcho-capitalist.
Minimolas

Name: Nicholas
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Hello fellow skeptics!

#2  Postby stijndeloose » Nov 24, 2012 2:11 pm

Welcome aboard! :cheers:
Fallible wrote:Don't bacon picnic.
stijndeloose
Banned User

Name: Stdlnjo
Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#3  Postby John P. M. » Nov 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Welcome to the forum! :drunk:
-I mean: :cheers:

Minimolas wrote:I consider myself a minimalist which is basically a person who wants to get rid of excess possessions and live a simpler life with less.

Well, from your avatar picture, it sure seems like you're living according to your principles; no clothes! :grin:
John P. M.
RS Donator

Male

Norway (no)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Dawn » Nov 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Welcome!
Dawn

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Ironclad » Nov 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Hello, welcome to RatSkep :)
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Mazille » Nov 24, 2012 3:35 pm

Sup?

(See, that was a minimalist greeting.)
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Tangerine Dream » Nov 24, 2012 4:15 pm

A big warm welcome from South America ! :smoke: :cheers:
If shit was worth something, poor people would be born with no asshole.
Tangerine Dream

Male

Djibouti (dj)
Print view this post

#8  Postby fleamailman » Nov 24, 2012 5:41 pm

"...well, there you have it then slot..." went the goblin now, continuing "...ample proof that the first sign of madness most probably isn't so much talking to oneself, but addressing another facet of one's personality in a portrayed character here, and then from there inventing yet another character to reply to it now...", whereupon the slot opened its mouth wide in a very "continue goblin, I'm hungry" stance, not really caring what the goblin was talking about just so long as it was edible, so the goblin just continued "...yes slot, jolly good thing that the printing press was invented in my view and that the general level of literacy amongst humans increased from there, I mean, prior to that, most writers were just thought possessed, something resulting in a good bonfire like joan of arc received, which admittedly is overkill in most people's books even if it kept their numbers down...", "...yes goblin, I see your point I suppose but look what happens when we let those writetypes actually delve into their writing, I mean do you think there really are enough writer's forums..., ..." somehow the slot had stopped in mid track, bulking even at thinking upon the notion of some writer's-asylum here, but then finding the strength within to continue, saying "...no, I mean enough places on forumland able to coop with this added influx now, I mean if everyone then turned into writers, there would be no one normal left talk to now, the place would be awash with multi-personality disfunctionals instead...", which was why their eyes then turned towards the new member Minimolas here, perhaps he was still normal now, their hopes were high indeed as they welcomed him hither

fleamailman

Name: augustus fleamailman

Switzerland (ch)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Made of Stars » Nov 25, 2012 1:34 pm

Gidday Minimolas, and welcome. :cheers:
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#10  Postby james1v » Nov 25, 2012 1:36 pm

Hi! :cheers:
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Durro » Nov 26, 2012 11:42 am

:wave:

G'Day from Brisbane, Australia, and welcome into the lifeboat ! This is my greeting for all new members and contains some useful stuff for you.

If you haven't seen it already, you may want to take a look at our New Members' Welcome Pack which will give you some helpful resources such as how to modify your membership display settings, how to navigate around the forum, point you to some threads which address commonly asked questions from newbies, and gives you some handy links to other sites which will help you develop your skepticism. It also contains our forum rules, which we ask that you abide by at all times.

If you're new to this type of phpBB software on forums, you might like to take a look at our Handy Hints for Posting On The Forum, which will show you how to change your text, insert images & youtube clips, and do some other cool stuff.

And finally, as a house warming present for you, here's a few laughs for your entertainment.

:beer:

Durro
I'll start believing in Astrology the day that all Sagittarians get hit by a bus, as predicted.
Durro
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#12  Postby THWOTH » Nov 26, 2012 12:00 pm

:wave:

It's the very minimum I could manage. :D
"No-one is exempt from speaking nonsense – the only misfortune is to do it solemnly."
Michel de Montaigne, Essais, 1580
THWOTH
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Welcome New Members