Hi from down under

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Hi from down under

#1  Postby wayseer » Nov 19, 2011 6:48 am

Hi from down under - and I do note the odd Aussie presence hereabouts.

Needed to get out of claustrophobic thinking. Jesus actually spelled out freedom in the suffocating context of 1st century Palestine which quickly turned into a religion which has bound more people in superstitious fear than any gulag archipelago.

So, after years of study and Post Grad in Theology I have left Christianity to feed on itself - the sight was becoming too nauseating to watch. Christianity is going nowhere fast which is a pity because it fails to realize what Jesus was actually on about - freedom from social stigmatization. Jesus was an anti racist, a feminist and probably gay. And he got killed because he dared to challenge the status quo.

I say this as a way of introducing myself - of where I've come from - not to promote any philosophy in general.

What I do find interesting is the possibility that life on Mars may well have existed before life on Earth. Now that would really thrown the cat among the religious pigeons.

See you on the boards.
Not all those who wander are lost
wayseer

Name: John
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Hi from down under

#2  Postby Durro » Nov 19, 2011 7:57 am

:wave:

Hello from Brisbane, Australia, and welcome into the lifeboat ! This is my routine greeting for all new members and contains some useful stuff for you.

If you haven't seen it already, you may want to take a look at our New Members' Welcome Pack which will give you some helpful resources such as how to use the forum software and also contains our forum rules, which we ask that you abide by at all times.

As a house warming present for you, here's a few laughs for your entertainment.

:beer:

Durro

P.S. Come on over and say G'day to the other Aussies.
I'll start believing in Astrology the day that all Sagittarians get hit by a bus, as predicted.
Durro
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Blip » Nov 19, 2011 3:13 pm

Welcome from the UK! Good to have you on board.
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#4  Postby cavarka9 » Nov 19, 2011 3:41 pm

wayseer wrote:Hi from down under - and I do note the odd Aussie presence hereabouts.

Needed to get out of claustrophobic thinking. Jesus actually spelled out freedom in the suffocating context of 1st century Palestine which quickly turned into a religion which has bound more people in superstitious fear than any gulag archipelago.

So, after years of study and Post Grad in Theology I have left Christianity to feed on itself - the sight was becoming too nauseating to watch. Christianity is going nowhere fast which is a pity because it fails to realize what Jesus was actually on about - freedom from social stigmatization. Jesus was an anti racist, a feminist and probably gay. And he got killed because he dared to challenge the status quo.

I say this as a way of introducing myself - of where I've come from - not to promote any philosophy in general.

What I do find interesting is the possibility that life on Mars may well have existed before life on Earth. Now that would really thrown the cat among the religious pigeons.

See you on the boards.

welcome :)
Every moment is a choice.Choices you make now determine your destiny.free yourself of old choices made. Success is a journey,not a destination.
cavarka9

Name: prajna

India (in)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Nostalgia » Nov 19, 2011 4:18 pm

Welcome! :cheers:

If Jesus way gay why did he hang around with twelve men....? Oh. I see.
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#6  Postby wayseer » Nov 20, 2011 5:38 am

Well, I think I have seen enough.

It is apparent that much of the thinking here is just as loaded with a belief system as is religion. I have enough of such retarded arguments masked as informed debate.

I'm off.
Not all those who wander are lost
wayseer

Name: John
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Made of Stars » Nov 20, 2011 6:01 am

'Bye! :wave:

PS. Before you go, check out something other than the Historical Jesus thread - there's a lot more to the forum than that.
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
Made of Stars
RS Donator

Name: Call me Coco
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#8  Postby twistor59 » Nov 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Hang on a minute. He's back - well online anyway :scratch:
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earthbound misfit, I
twistor59
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Ironclad » Nov 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Welcome :)
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#10  Postby BlackBart » Nov 20, 2011 8:29 pm

wayseer wrote:Well, I think I have seen enough.

It is apparent that much of the thinking here is just as loaded with a belief system as is religion. I have enough of such retarded arguments masked as informed debate.

I'm off.

I believe I'll have another beer. :cheers:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Welcome New Members