BP Claims Worker Sickness on Food Poisoning

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

BP Claims Worker Sickness on Food Poisoning

#1  Postby NineOneFour » Jun 01, 2010 3:48 am

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/ ... -poisoning

by Jed Lewison
Digg this! Share this on Twitter - BP blames cleanup worker sickness on food poisoningTweet this submit to reddit Share This
Mon May 31, 2010 at 03:30:04 PM PDT

As if it wasn't already heartbreaking enough that BP's oil spill has destroyed the livelihoods of fishermen throughout the Gulf Coast, those fishermen are now getting sick while cleaning up BP's spill. One of those fishermen began feeling ill a week ago and has been hospitalized since Friday with aches, an upset stomach, and nose bleeds. Others have complained of shortness of breath and dizziness. It's not yet 100% clear what is causing the sickness, but a possible culprit is exposure to dispersants or other chemicals used in the containment operation.

BP, however, is having none of that. CEO Tony Hayward insists that the sickness couldn't possibly have anything to do with the oil spill.

Tony Hayward, the chief executive officer of BP, offered another explanation for the fishermen's illness: spoiled food.

"Food poisoning is clearly a big issue," Hayward said Sunday. "It's something we've got to be very mindful of. It's one of the big issues of keeping the Army operating. You know, the Army marches on their stomachs."

Food poisoning? Seriously? When was the last time you heard of somebody getting a nose bleed from food poisoning? Sadly, it looks like BP has found a new way to drive its credibility even lower.

Does anyone outside of the Obama administration actually believe these assholes?
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: BP Claims Worker Sickness on Food Poisoning

#2  Postby Propagangster » Jun 01, 2010 3:54 am

NineOneFour wrote:Does anyone outside of the Obama administration actually believe these assholes?

No. These are the people who could tell me the earth revolves around the sun and I'd begin to doubt it.
Propagangster

Name: François
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs