Delta refunds $30 to Ann Coulter after her Twitter rant

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Delta refunds $30 to Ann Coulter after her Twitter rant

#21  Postby The_Piper » Jul 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:-snip-While it was just speculation on my part, Libtards do need a wake-up call and a 10-foot pole up the ass to see the nonsense that they have unleashed on the USA.

-snip-

:rofl: Skinnypuppy never replies to my posts, but that won't stop me from publicly laughing at his. :tehe:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#22  Postby aban57 » Jul 18, 2017 8:39 pm

The_Piper wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:-snip-While it was just speculation on my part, Libtards do need a wake-up call and a 10-foot pole up the ass to see the nonsense that they have unleashed on the USA.

-snip-

:rofl: Skinnypuppy never replies to my posts, but that won't stop me from publicly laughing at his. :tehe:

Yep, while he's still complaining about "the nonsense that they unleashed on the USA", we, here , are still waiting for him to give us example of the good Trump did so far, according to him. But I guess it's like waiting for a unicorn to magically appear before me.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jul 18, 2017 8:54 pm

laklak wrote:I don't like her, but I agree with her. She bought and paid for the seat. I'd have gotten off the fucking plane. I hate goddamn Delta, they've fucked so many trips of mine up that I refuse to fly them any more, despite having somewhere around 350,000 frequent flyer miles.

I have a relative that is a lawyer (contract law) he had a flight pre-booked, pre-paid on Air Canada. When he arrived to check in he was told that he’d been bumped. He asked to speak to the supervisor. He told them (in legal speak) that they were in violation of the contract between him and their airline and were open to a law suit for not fulfilling their end of the contract. After a moment or two the supervisor handed him his boarding pass and told him to have a good flight.

He’s taught me quite a bit of law. An example. I bought a video card at K-Mart and when I got home and opened it, I realized that I’d bought the wrong card. They don’t allow opened computer parts to be returned, but that info is printed on the back of the sales slip. My relative told me that a store CANNOT add to a contract after they’ve taken your money. They have to tell you that BEFORE they take your money. I went back to the store to exchange the card and was told no, you opened the box.

I then asked to speak to the manager of the store and told him that it was illegal to add to a contract once they’d taken my money. Putting a ‘No returns on open computer items’ on the back of the sales slip is adding to a legal contract. After listening to the manager whine the blues, they took the card back and gave me the one that I’d wanted.

Some time later they had a huge sign at the checkouts saying exactly what it said on the back of the sales slip!

Ann is right, she should have received what she paid for.
Skinny Puppy

Name: Sherlock Jeffrey Puppy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jul 18, 2017 8:56 pm

aban57 wrote:
The_Piper wrote:

-snip-

Yep, while he's still complaining about "the nonsense that they unleashed on the USA", we, here , are still waiting for him to give us example of the good Trump did so far, according to him. But I guess it's like waiting for a unicorn to magically appear before me.

I think you’re posting in the wrong thread good Sir.

It's over there by the way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Glad to help! :thumbup:
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#25  Postby aban57 » Jul 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
aban57 wrote:
The_Piper wrote:

-snip-

You really are prepared to do anything to avoid answer that question. It's pathetic. Why didn't you answer it the couple times I asked it in the right thread then ?
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jul 18, 2017 9:01 pm

aban57 wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:
aban57 wrote:
The_Piper wrote:

You really are prepared to do anything to avoid answer that question. It's pathetic. Why didn't you answer it the couple times I asked it in the right thread then ?

This is OT for this thread good Sir. Let’s stay on topic, K? :angel:
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#27  Postby purplerat » Jul 18, 2017 9:02 pm

She wasn't right because she attacked all the wrong people. If she's such a brilliant legal mind then she probably should have realized those people weren't at fault and she was just making her case worse by attacking them. But you're a fool if you think being right was her point.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#28  Postby Calilasseia » Jul 18, 2017 9:10 pm

The only response worth giving to any news item about the Coultergeist is this one ...

[Reveal] NOT SAFE FOR WORK / EXPLICIT CONTENT
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#29  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:She’s a best -selling author, lawyer etc. and a very no-nonsense lady. She paid for a specific type of seat, didn’t get it. She complained and got her money back… yet still no explanation as to why her seat was taken away from her.

She did more than complain, she turned it into an absurd spectacle. Very-nonsense lady.

Speaking of absurd spectacles, Anne was prevented from speaking at the University of California, Stalag Berkeley,the home of non-free speech.

Sub-Kellyane Conway levels of amateurish whataboutism :lol:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#30  Postby theropod » Jul 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Calilasseia wrote:The only response worth giving to any news item about the Coultergeist is this one ...

[Reveal] NOT SAFE FOR WORK / EXPLICIT CONTENT

:rofl:

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#31  Postby The_Piper » Jul 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Here's your "brilliant" right-wing mind at work in April about the United airline doctor beating fiasco- Hint to the member(s) of the forum who respect her, she's a professional troll, not an intellectual. Based on her public persona, she's just another dumb fuck. How anyone intelligent fall for her schtick, if any intelligent people do, is beyond me. What's the world cummin too?! /GoodFellas :mrgreen:
Sorry about the dragging, but the convicted pill-mill doctor should be deported. Dreamland http://amzn.to/2p2LA6M

(the link goes to an Amazon page to buy a book. Impotent statement.)
https://twitter.com/anncoulter/status/851892256642523136?lang=en
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#32  Postby The_Piper » Jul 18, 2017 10:52 pm

I forgot to link to her tweet of the person who was assigned her original seat. She posted their picture. How is that responsible? How is that being a reasonable, no-nonsense person? That's nonsense.
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/886345961194348544/photo/1
ETA - sorry y'all, you may have noticed that Ann Coulter makes my skin crawl because she's so phony and odious. Like Rush Limbaugh and company.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#33  Postby willhud9 » Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:
laklak wrote:I don't like her, but I agree with her. She bought and paid for the seat. I'd have gotten off the fucking plane. I hate goddamn Delta, they've fucked so many trips of mine up that I refuse to fly them any more, despite having somewhere around 350,000 frequent flyer miles.

I have a relative that is a lawyer (contract law) he had a flight pre-booked, pre-paid on Air Canada. When he arrived to check in he was told that he’d been bumped. He asked to speak to the supervisor. He told them (in legal speak) that they were in violation of the contract between him and their airline and were open to a law suit for not fulfilling their end of the contract. After a moment or two the supervisor handed him his boarding pass and told him to have a good flight.

He’s taught me quite a bit of law. An example. I bought a video card at K-Mart and when I got home and opened it, I realized that I’d bought the wrong card. They don’t allow opened computer parts to be returned, but that info is printed on the back of the sales slip. My relative told me that a store CANNOT add to a contract after they’ve taken your money. They have to tell you that BEFORE they take your money. I went back to the store to exchange the card and was told no, you opened the box.

I then asked to speak to the manager of the store and told him that it was illegal to add to a contract once they’d taken my money. Putting a ‘No returns on open computer items’ on the back of the sales slip is adding to a legal contract. After listening to the manager whine the blues, they took the card back and gave me the one that I’d wanted.

Some time later they had a huge sign at the checkouts saying exactly what it said on the back of the sales slip!

Your relative is fucking stupid. All stores have return policies. It being printed on the back of your receipt is a courtesy. They do not have to tell you what their return policy is. You as the consumer are responsible for being aware of what said policy is.

You are one of the customers we all tell horror stories about. Special snowflakes. :whistle:
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Jul 19, 2017 4:30 am

I've been moved on flights dozens of times. When it's happened despite having reserved a seat, I've asked for a refund and got it. I've never thrown a tantrum online. I've never insulted staff or passengers.

Making a huge ordeal out of something as understandable as needing to move passengers on a plane is the opposite of no-nonsense. It's making a damn scene and being a spoilt brat.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#35  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 19, 2017 4:36 am

But hey, you don't make a million dollars an hour to be shitty at people, and you're not braindead so it doesn't take you an hour to pick a seat.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#36  Postby Teague » Jul 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Skinny Puppy wrote:She’s a best -selling author, lawyer etc. and a very no-nonsense lady. She paid for a specific type of seat, didn’t get it. She complained and got her money back… yet still no explanation as to why her seat was taken away from her.

This happens all the time. Are you that dense you don't know about planes and bookings and over bookings?

Also, well failed at reading the OP which just explained everything and showed what a hypocrite she is and how stupid too. If she'd got her face punhced in and thrown off the plane, do you think it would be ok if a chinses american laughed at her and then claimed she should have been deported?

You have no standards at all, do you.
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#37  Postby proudfootz » Jul 19, 2017 1:04 pm

Coulter is trying to prove she's still relevant?

I'm surprised anyone ever took her seriously.
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#38  Postby Teague » Jul 19, 2017 1:28 pm

proudfootz wrote:Coulter is trying to prove she's still relevant?

I'm surprised anyone ever took her seriously.

"Only a servant of evil, Darth...."

People with hate in their hearts LOVE this assache
Teague

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#39  Postby Skinny Puppy » Jul 19, 2017 3:21 pm

willhud9 wrote:
Skinny Puppy wrote:

Your relative is fucking stupid. All stores have return policies. It being printed on the back of your receipt is a courtesy. They do not have to tell you what their return policy is. You as the consumer are responsible for being aware of what said policy is.

You are one of the customers we all tell horror stories about. Special snowflakes. :whistle:

In your legal opinion he’s ‘fucking stupid’? (It is a legal opinion isn’t it; please correct me if I’m in error here.) Just for our edification, and heaven knows I’m not prying, from which university did you receive your law degree again, I must have missed that post? If you don’t want to divulge that info I totally understand. I will admit, I am in awe, absolute awe of your keen knowledge of Canadian Contract Law.

I asked him about drawing up contracts and (I just picked some random words to test him) if he knew the difference between using ‘then’ and ‘than’ in a contract. His answer was, well I guess his answer would be rather obvious.

He also has a law degree; he doesn’t ‘pretend’ to have a degree. Of course we all know that no one would ‘pretend’ to have a degree when they don’t actually have one.... now would they?

You are one of the customers we all tell horror stories about.

Of course I am! :thumbup: Why would a consumer want to know their rights under the law when companies are loving; caring and their main concern isn’t making huge profits, but being Mr. Goodwrench.

Special snowflakes :whistle:

I'm sorry, but I’m afraid you’ve mistaken me for a Libtard from Libtardville, USA.
Skinny Puppy

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#40  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 19, 2017 3:28 pm

It's just that the folks who complain about snowflakes have shown themselves to be the biggest snowflakes around, the OP story being a perfect example.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs