Five more “pedo hunters” active in Tilburg

After man was killed in Arnhem by similar vigilantes

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Five more “pedo hunters” active in Tilburg

#1  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 12, 2020 9:23 pm

A group of "pedo-hunters" lured a man to a Tilburg parking lot on Wednesday evening, detained him and held him there until the police arrived. The police saw no reason to arrest the man, but will investigate further, NOS reports.

The lured man was kicked in the head while the "pedo-hunters" - vigilante-like groups who say they hunt child sex abusers - detained him. The police arrested one man for assault.
Last weekend, five "pedo hunters' were arrested in Arnhem after they roughly detained their "suspect" in a park. According to NOS, another group is known to be active in the Utrecht region.

The victim in the Arnhem incident died while in hospital and according to the DA was purposefully harassed and attacked by pedo hunters after being tricked into a meeting.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Five more “pedo hunters” active in Tilburg

#2  Postby NineBerry » Nov 12, 2020 10:33 pm

Is there a connection between these groups and QAnon/anti-maskers?
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#3  Postby Tortured_Genius » Nov 12, 2020 10:53 pm

We had a spate of these dick-heads a few years back (egged on by our lovely tabloid press). If I remember correctly it wasn't until a fair few of them had been prosecuted that things cooled down.

After checking (crap that was 20 years ago), a bunch of them did get prosecuted.

In respect of the Arnhem incident - it's a clear case of murder and should be treated as such..
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby don't get me started » Nov 13, 2020 12:31 am

This reminds me of the Snowtown Murders in Australia in the 1990's.
Self-styled pedo hunters were actually not protectors of the community, but, surprise surprise, depraved criminals themselves with a tissue-thin moral self-justification loosely draped over their vile crimes.

For anyone unfamiliar with the case, the Wikipedia page is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowtown_murders
don't get me started

Japan (jp)
Print view this post

#5  Postby laklak » Nov 13, 2020 12:59 am

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 13, 2020 6:37 am

Tortured_Genius wrote:
In respect of the Arnhem incident - it's a clear case of murder and should be treated as such..

The defence is arguing that the guy had an unfortunate fall and that the suspects did not plan to attack the victim.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Svartalf » Nov 13, 2020 8:53 am

Of course he had an unfortunate fall, right after his cranium was roughly met by a steel shod shoe would be my guess.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs