Make Me a Zionist

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Make Me a Zionist

#401  Postby Lucy Wiggin » Nov 20, 2011 6:03 am

pinkharrier wrote:
Lucy Wiggin wrote "PinkHarrier, you claim there's a conspiracy between Hollywood Jews to spread values of diversity and multiculturalism in the name of Zionism."

I did? Like where?

Here:

You are kidding. It's all over the internet for starters. If you are truly interested google away but don't demand citations if you are not.

So I suppose Jewish (and by extension) Zionist influence on Hollywood (to mention just one media) over the last 100 years is non-existent, negligible, unimportant or another antisemite rant. Please.
The dog barked at midnight.
Lucy Wiggin

Female

Israel (il)
Print view this post

#402  Postby quill » Nov 20, 2011 6:07 am

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
quill wrote:Recently, I have become more aware of the presence of strong anti-Semitism in the world. However, I still find the ideal of a Jewish state - or any state created for the benefit of, or maintaining a special relationship with, one specific ethnic group - to be inescapably racist and therefore immoral.

So, no own homeland for the Kurds then?

And let's force Kosovo back into Serbia?

And so on.

I always support the right of people to a government and state of their own choosing, but I don't see the need for such rights to be derived from, or subject to, racial or religious distinctions. In other words, if Kosovo wants to be a sovereign state, that's fine. But I don't see why it needs to be a Muslim state. Why can't people simply follow their own religion and let others follow theirs? Surely history has shown that a secular state is the best kind of state.
"Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it’s just the opposite." ~John Kenneth Galbraith
quill

Print view this post

#403  Postby pinkharrier » Nov 20, 2011 10:46 am

Gee thanks Lucy. Hardly what I wrote but then again you don't have to tell the truth or be accurate or be fair.

As far as influence in Hollywood, I wouldn't say it is a conspiracy. It's too obvious unless I've missed a lot of movies portraying Palestinian Arabs as victims.
I'm a rational skeptic. Touch wood.
pinkharrier

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#404  Postby Lucy Wiggin » Nov 20, 2011 5:17 pm

pinkharrier wrote:Gee thanks Lucy. Hardly what I wrote but then again you don't have to tell the truth or be accurate or be fair.

As far as influence in Hollywood, I wouldn't say it is a conspiracy. It's too obvious unless I've missed a lot of movies portraying Palestinian Arabs as victims.

If that's the test, it's obvious there's lots of Turkish influence in Hollywood - you don't see many movies portraying Armenians as victims, do you? How about Kurds?
Lucy Wiggin

Female

Israel (il)
Print view this post

#405  Postby pinkharrier » Nov 21, 2011 6:53 am

Don't see many movies portraying Turks as victims either. So no, that discounts Turkish influence. Stop being disingenuous.
pinkharrier

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#406  Postby Lucy Wiggin » Nov 21, 2011 8:30 am

pinkharrier wrote:Don't see many movies portraying Turks as victims either. So no, that discounts Turkish influence. Stop being disingenuous.

I'm not the one claiming that the lack of Palestinians portrayed as victims in Hollywood is the result of a deliberate Jewish effort. Do you really believe that Jewish scriptwriters sit in their office and think "Hmm, the Palestinians being victims is a good story, but I won't write about it because I'm Jewish"?
Lucy Wiggin

Female

Israel (il)
Print view this post

#407  Postby AndreD » Nov 21, 2011 9:44 am

pinkharrier wrote:Don't see many movies portraying Turks as victims either. So no, that discounts Turkish influence. Stop being disingenuous.

What movies outside the subject of WWII show Jews as victims? The most recent Hollywood portrayal of Israel I can think of is Munich, and that didn't exactly show Israel as a victim to be pitied - it was quite the opposite really.
AndreD

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#408  Postby Lucy Wiggin » Nov 21, 2011 9:45 am

AndreD wrote:

What movies outside the subject of WWII show Jews as victims? The most recent Hollywood portrayal of Israel I can think of is Munich, and that didn't exactly show Israel as a victim to be pitied - it was quite the opposite really.

And the Holocaust took place before Israel was founded.
Lucy Wiggin

Female

Israel (il)
Print view this post

#409  Postby pinkharrier » Nov 21, 2011 11:50 am

OK. You win. There is no Jewish influence in Hollywood, CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, NY Times, LA Times, Boston Globe, Disney, FOX, AOL, MTV. What have I forgotten?
pinkharrier

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#410  Postby Strontium Dog » Nov 21, 2011 12:01 pm

I haven't read so much vile anti-semitic filth since Gawd was banned.
Liberal.

STRONTIUM'S LAW: All online discussions about British politics, irrespective of the topic, will eventually turn to the Lib Dem tuition fee pledge
Strontium Dog
Banned User

Name: Dan
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#411  Postby quill » Nov 21, 2011 12:49 pm

pinkharrier wrote:OK. You win. There is no Jewish influence in Hollywood, CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, NY Times, LA Times, Boston Globe, Disney, FOX, AOL, MTV. What have I forgotten?

Somehow I doubt you have statistics for all of those companies' boards of directors; nor do you have insight into the political beliefs of those executives in regards to Israel and Zionism. Aren't you just assuming that they're run by Jews and that those Jews manipulate their companies for the benefit of Zionism because, you know, that's what Jews do? If so, how can you possibly avoid being considered anti-Semitic? Anyone who is not calling this anti-Semitic, at this point, is only doing so out of sheer restraint in deference to the FUA.
"Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it’s just the opposite." ~John Kenneth Galbraith
quill

Print view this post

#412  Postby Zwaarddijk » Nov 21, 2011 1:15 pm

quill wrote:
pinkharrier wrote:OK. You win. There is no Jewish influence in Hollywood, CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, NY Times, LA Times, Boston Globe, Disney, FOX, AOL, MTV. What have I forgotten?

Somehow I doubt you have statistics for all of those companies' boards of directors; nor do you have insight into the political beliefs of those executives in regards to Israel and Zionism. Aren't you just assuming that they're run by Jews and that those Jews manipulate their companies for the benefit of Zionism because, you know, that's what Jews do? If so, how can you possibly avoid being considered anti-Semitic? Anyone who is not calling this anti-Semitic, at this point, is only doing so out of sheer restraint in deference to the FUA.

I'll go ahead and call him an anti-Semite. Duly note that this is not meant as an insult, but as a disinterested statement of fact: pinkharrier is an antisemite.
Zwaarddijk

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#413  Postby Lucy Wiggin » Nov 21, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm not even sure what you consider "Jewish influence" PinkHarrier. Do Noam Chomsky and Naomi Klein count as "Jewish influence"? Does every company which employ Jews is under "Jewish influence"?
Lucy Wiggin

Female

Israel (il)
Print view this post

#414  Postby byofrcs » Nov 21, 2011 10:28 pm

No one expects the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#415  Postby Julia » Nov 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:I haven't read so much vile anti-semitic filth since Gawd was banned.

:nod:
Julia

Name: Julia
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#416  Postby pinkharrier » Nov 21, 2011 11:38 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:I haven't read so much vile anti-semitic filth since Gawd was banned.
o

Oh Brother. Even truth is no defence I guess.

Talk about devaluing the term anti-semite. Can't wait for it to end up on that pile that contains witch, heretic, revisionist, running dog lackey et al.

Try arguments instead of slurs and ganging up. Yawn.

Gawd was banned for what, BTW?
pinkharrier

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#417  Postby andyx1205 » Nov 22, 2011 1:45 am

Bankers have a large control over the financial sector which has a large impact on the global economy.

Many bankers are Jews.

Jews rule the world.

But communism is also a Jewish conspiracy so Jews own the world and they want to overthrow themselves and establish communism.
“I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full.” - Trotsky
andyx1205

Name: Andy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#418  Postby Julia » Nov 22, 2011 2:06 am

andyx1205 wrote:Bankers have a large control over the financial sector which has a large impact on the global economy.

Many bankers are Jews.

Jews rule the world.

But communism is also a Jewish conspiracy so Jews own the world and they want to overthrow themselves and establish communism.

:lol:

Sure. It has its own special logic!
Julia

Name: Julia
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#419  Postby Lucy Wiggin » Nov 22, 2011 8:07 am

Julia wrote:
andyx1205 wrote:Bankers have a large control over the financial sector which has a large impact on the global economy.

Many bankers are Jews.

Jews rule the world.

:lol:

Sure. It has its own special logic!

Also, when the economy is well, nobody thinks the Jews control it. If there's a financial crisis, suddenly the Jews control the economy! :lol:
Lucy Wiggin

Female

Israel (il)
Print view this post

#420  Postby Lucy Wiggin » Nov 22, 2011 8:10 am

Julia wrote:

:nod:

Honestly, I find it amusing, given that the Israeli media is under lots of "Jewish influence" (I guess!) and they can't seem to agree on the direction from which the sun rises in the morning. I can just imagine a bunch of Hollywood Jews dancing around a pyre in which they burn pro-Palestinian scripts...
Lucy Wiggin

Female

Israel (il)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs