Minneapolis 3rd Precinct set on fire

Minneapolis Riots

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Minneapolis 3rd Precinct set on fire

#221  Postby Hermit » Jun 04, 2020 3:19 am

OlivierK wrote:
Matt_B wrote:Yeah, I'm not keen on penalizing the good cops because the $200 POS they were issued with has a flat battery, gets broken during a scuffle, or merely conks out without them realizing it.

Let's face it, they're a technological band aid for an institutional problem. Anyone who needs a camera on them to not behave like a violent racist thug should have no place in the police force. Fix that problem, and the cameras could mostly be dispensed with.

OlivierK wrote:Compulsory bodycams, with harsh penalties for turning them off, and a presumption that accusations of misconduct are true if camera is manually turned off, or if all officers in a group have cameras off.

Just saying.

How can you tell if the camera has been manually turned off? Eleven months from new, my first mobile phone developed a habit of spontaneously turning itself off at random intervals. Just saying.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#222  Postby OlivierK » Jun 04, 2020 4:24 am

I believe that some of them log the turn on/turn off times, and that logging doesn't happen with a malfunction. Could be wrong about that. Also, bodycams record images of hands coming to turn them off.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#223  Postby Matt_B » Jun 04, 2020 9:41 am

OlivierK wrote:I believe that some of them log the turn on/turn off times, and that logging doesn't happen with a malfunction. Could be wrong about that. Also, bodycams record images of hands coming to turn them off.

Your faith in the engineering of such devices is way greater than mine. :grin:
"Last night was the most horrific for Kyiv since, just imagine, 1941 when it was attacked by Nazis."
- Sergiy Kyslytsya
Matt_B

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#224  Postby Mike_L » Jun 04, 2020 10:09 am

Tear gas has been banned under international law from use in warfare since 1997. But US law enforcement uses it regularly on civilians.

Civil and human rights groups have long objected to the government's use of tear gas against protesters, in part because of the indiscriminate nature of the weapon. Rather than targeting specific people, the gas hurts everyone it touches, including media, children, and bystanders.

And the health impacts can be permanent and severe. The CDC warns that tear gas "may lead to long-term effects such as eye problems including scarring, glaucoma, and cataracts, and may possibly cause breathing problems such as asthma." The projectiles used to transport the irritant can maim and kill people hit by them.

-- Business Insider

What assad state of affairs! The Washington regime using chemical weapons against its own people!
Perhaps Russia should launch a few cruise missiles to take out some terror-weapon factories on US soil!
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#225  Postby Animavore » Jun 04, 2020 11:22 am

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#226  Postby Fallible » Jun 04, 2020 12:01 pm

don't get me started wrote:
Fallible wrote:Four rogue cops, surely.

I thought that a comment I read on-line somewhere recently was apposite:

'With this many bad apples, we have to wonder of there isn't something wrong with the orchard.'

Exactly. To put this down to one bad apple is naive in the extreme. Is it always ‘a rogue cop’ each time this happens? Must be approaching several hundred ‘a rogue cop’s at this point. :roll:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#227  Postby Animavore » Jun 04, 2020 12:03 pm

Fox News Edits Video to Remove Police With Guns Drawn, Cuffing Innocent Black People
The “news” network disappeared portions of a video that showed police using aggressive tactics on the wrong people

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news ... 6DrZxTCAZU
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#228  Postby felltoearth » Jun 04, 2020 12:30 pm

Mike_L wrote:
Tear gas has been banned under international law from use in warfare since 1997. But US law enforcement uses it regularly on civilians.

Civil and human rights groups have long objected to the government's use of tear gas against protesters, in part because of the indiscriminate nature of the weapon. Rather than targeting specific people, the gas hurts everyone it touches, including media, children, and bystanders.

And the health impacts can be permanent and severe. The CDC warns that tear gas "may lead to long-term effects such as eye problems including scarring, glaucoma, and cataracts, and may possibly cause breathing problems such as asthma." The projectiles used to transport the irritant can maim and kill people hit by them.

-- Business Insider

What assad state of affairs! The Washington regime using chemical weapons against its own people!
Perhaps Russia should launch a few cruise missiles to take out some terror-weapon factories on US soil!

What is interesting in this story is that before all this went down the Dotard had a call with Putin. Maybe he was getting tips?

Additionally, what is in turns hilarious and annoying about your posts is that you assume the criticism of Russia that is leveled at your posts means that we’re are fine and happy with the current though slipping “Leader of the Free World” and that couldn’t be further from the truth. So, maybe it’s time to drop the whataboutism and have good look at the country that is anout a notch above Saudi Arabia when it comes to even basic freedoms.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#229  Postby LucidFlight » Jun 04, 2020 2:04 pm

Some recent car spotting in LA...

OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#230  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 04, 2020 2:28 pm

OlivierK wrote:I believe that some of them log the turn on/turn off times, and that logging doesn't happen with a malfunction. Could be wrong about that. Also, bodycams record images of hands coming to turn them off.

I don't know why it's even possible for them to turn them off.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#231  Postby Mike_L » Jun 04, 2020 2:38 pm

felltoearth wrote:
Mike_L wrote:

-- Business Insider

What is interesting in this story is that before all this went down the Dotard had a call with Putin. Maybe he was getting tips?

Don't be ridiculous! How could he get "tips" from the guy who's behind the whole thing in the first place?
Oh wait! The two of them planned it all together, didn't they?
:conspiracy:

felltoearth wrote:Additionally, what is in turns hilarious and annoying about your posts is that you assume the criticism of Russia that is leveled at your posts means that we’re are fine and happy with the current though slipping “Leader of the Free World” and that couldn’t be further from the truth. So, maybe it’s time to drop the whataboutism and have good look at the country that is anout a notch above Saudi Arabia when it comes to even basic freedoms.

We're not going to see meaningful regime change happening in the US by way of the ballot box.
And if there's to be a Timber Sycamore for the looters moderate rebels, shouldn't they be getting something more effective than baked clay?
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#232  Postby Fallible » Jun 04, 2020 3:02 pm

Can’t you leave anything alone?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#233  Postby BlackBart » Jun 04, 2020 3:03 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:

Toilet breaks.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#234  Postby Mike_L » Jun 04, 2020 3:17 pm

Fallible wrote:Can’t you leave anything alone?

:hahano:
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#235  Postby felltoearth » Jun 04, 2020 3:27 pm

Mike_L wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
Mike_L wrote:

-- Business Insider

Don't be ridiculous! How could he get "tips" from the guy who's behind the whole thing in the first place?

felltoearth wrote:Additionally, what is in turns hilarious and annoying about your posts is that you assume the criticism of Russia that is leveled at your posts means that we’re are fine and happy with the current though slipping “Leader of the Free World” and that couldn’t be further from the truth. So, maybe it’s time to drop the whataboutism and have good look at the country that is anout a notch above Saudi Arabia when it comes to even basic freedoms.

We're not going to see meaningful regime change happening in the US by way of the ballot box.
And if there's to be a Timber Sycamore for the looters moderate rebels, shouldn't they be getting something more effective than baked clay?

This post is so far up some asshole somewhere that I have no idea what your point is anymore.

Yes the system is broken. The widespread rioting and looting is a good sign that it is. And yes, this sort of thing doesn’t happen in Russia frequently if at all. I wonder why that is?

So many questions.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#236  Postby Mike_L » Jun 04, 2020 3:46 pm

felltoearth wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: compressed
Mike_L wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
Mike_L wrote:

This post is so far up some asshole somewhere...

Now look, there's no need to bring Jim Mattis into this discussion!
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#237  Postby Animavore » Jun 04, 2020 3:59 pm

:lol:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#238  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 04, 2020 4:05 pm

Nope, gotta put in his hours shilling for Putin. I'm trying to imagine having so much free time that I could run around getting offended any time anyone says anything not nice about a guy who has doctors thrown out of windows.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#239  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 04, 2020 4:06 pm

BlackBart wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:

Toilet breaks.

Point taken :ill:
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#240  Postby Mike_L » Jun 04, 2020 4:17 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:

Nope, gotta put in his hours shilling for Putin. I'm trying to imagine having so much free time that I could run around getting offended any time anyone says anything not nice about a guy who has doctors thrown out of windows.

Hey look, your post count exceeds mine! At least I'm earning some rubles for my tiresome tireless efforts! ;)
Mike_L
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs