"Politics is a puppet show to distract the masses"

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

"Politics is a puppet show to distract the masses"

#1  Postby dreamweaver » Apr 15, 2010 10:57 am

I received this by email from a US friend of my fathers yesterday. Not sure how old it is or even if it's common knowledge, but I cynically suspect it's true.

If true, maybe people are finally waking up. Seems big money equals the white collar mafia...

"Well this stuff is right up my alley! I have been researching this for over a year now...

The saying "Politics is just show business for ugly people" is completely true. Politics is just a side show more like a ball game than the main game which is why politics has been simplified into a two-party adversarial ongoing contest of will while big business makes its moves quietly in the background.

Politicians don't run the country(s) the bankers do. Look up the Bank of International Settlements, formed post WW to handle restitution payments by Germany to axis countries. The BIS helped move Czech and French gold reserves seized by the Nazis during WW2 to London. The bank also handled the transfer of gold extracted from concentration camp victims. the BIS operates 'outside of the constraints of war' with the result that during WW2 the Germans traded with the Americans and the British - business as usual while soldiers died in the millions. (See link at the end of this message).

Well the BIS still exists! It is based in Switzerland and the reserve bank governors of the G10 nations meet regularly to determine global financial policy. There was a secret meeting in Sydney recently. Now these reserve bank governors are part of a global private financial network who set interest rates and privately produce their respective nation's money.

The 'government' has no say in these financial processes - they are dictated by a transnational entity that is neither democratic nor accountable. A former president of the BIS said: "I have no need for politicians, they lack the judgement of central bankers".

Politicians are selected and financed according to their willingness to toe the line of the family of 13 and the committee of 300 which control he world's money supply and set the interest rates on the loans to the 'democratically elected parliaments' around the world. Politics is a puppet show to distract the masses.

The BIS is also called the 'Bank of Last Resort'. In real terms, if a major borrower - say a third world nation in a financial pickle - is desperate for a loan, the BIS will lend but only against collateral deposited in physical gold. In this way a massive transfer of wealth takes place from the borrowing nation, (in the form of precious metal), in exchange for a loan with a high interest rate which further exploits the resources and productivity of the country in question. In addition the huge amounts of money sloshing around guarantee that elections result in political outcomes that provide security for the loan relationship.

The political power of precious metal cannot be more clearly defined than in the case of John F Kennedy. He decided to issue US dollars backed by government reserves of silver - at that time $1 was equivalent to one ounce of pure silver. This was in defiance of the federal reserve which had abandoned the issuing of money backed by gold and silver instead embracing the fractional reserve system. Kennedy was killed shortly afterward and one of his successor's first actions was to recall the silver backed dollars from circulation!

Interestingly the English Pound was named after its equivalent weight in silver.....the dollar sign used to have two vertical lines going through it meaning that the currency was backed by gold and silver - not any more - its all artificial money, credit backed by faith in the value of an object purchased with it holding that value or increasing in value like real estate. The global financial crisis was an engineered scam that ruined the lives of many while making a few filthy rich - google 'Fall Of The Republic' and encourage all your American friends to watch it.....(see link below)

Right now, the scandal your friend refers to is the institutionalised fraud of issuing paper gold certificates against physical gold at a ratio of 100 to 1. Precisely the mechanism of fractional banking. It is incredible but not surprising. Last year I advised close friends to invest long in gold and to take possession of the physical metal - not certificates. Even though the gold currency standard was abandoned years ago in the 70's, because there wasn't enough real gold to expand the money market, institutions such as the BIS have been quietly converting nations' sovereign wealth into gold bars since 1930.

Look at the International Monetary Fund, its 'Special Drawing Rights' are also units of exchange originally based on gold which are issued based on a country's net domestic wealth. These SDR's can be traded freely meaning the value of a country has become an international commodity.

I could go on but instead urge you to look at the following":

Bank for International Settlements:

http://www.bilderberg.org/bis.htm

Fall of The Republic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VebOTc-7shU
IMF's Special Drawing Rights:

http://www.imf.org/external/np/exr/facts/sdr.htm
Until creationists come up with theory which contains more substance than “my favourite magic man did it” they will continue to bleat their flaccid protests like an antelope with a lion attached to its throat.
dreamweaver

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: "Politics is a puppet show to distract the masses"

#2  Postby Luis Dias » Apr 15, 2010 11:01 am

Another Conspiracy Theory! Gimme gimme gimme! I love conspiracy theories!!

... ahhhh hey, do you have any slight evidence apart from links to crazy websites?
Luis Dias

Male

Portugal (pt)
Print view this post

#3  Postby dreamweaver » Apr 15, 2010 11:59 am

Hi Luis,

This is the first I've heard of it. The links were provided with the email, so were the senders evidence. Crazy yeah, but maybe true?

I have more.

I was also sent this titled "A London Trader walks the 'CFTC' through a silver manipulation in advance." By Andrew Maguire, from King World News (reliable source?). There was a footnote attached saying that Maguire had been 'mysteriously' involved in a hit-and-run the next day.

This is a link of Bill Murphy of GATA revealing there is a whistle blower in gold price suppression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9bU0r6JP4s&feature=related

Sorry about the length of this dialogue, but it is a fascinating read.

March 30, 2010

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 12:51 PM
To: Ramirez, Eliud [CFTC]
Cc: Chilton, Bart [CFTC]
Subject: Silver today

Dear Mr. Ramirez:
I thought you might be interested in looking into the silver trading today. It was a good example of how a single seller, when they hold such a concentrated position in the very small silver market, can instigate a selloff at will.

These events trade to a regular pattern and we see orchestrated selling occur 100% of the time at options expiry, contract rollover, non-farm payrolls (no matter if the news is bullish or bearish), and in a lesser way at the daily silver fix. I have attached a small presentation to illustrate some of these events. I have included gold, as the same traders to a lesser extent hold a controlling position there too.
Please ignore the last few slides as they were part of a training session I was holding for new traders.

I brought to your attention during our meeting how we traders look for the "signals" they (JPMorgan) send just prior to a big move. I saw the first signals early in Asia in thin volume. As traders we profited from this information but that is not the point as I do not like to operate in a rigged market and what is in reality a crime in progress.

As an example, if you look at the trades just before the pit open today you will see around 1,500 contracts sell all at once where the bids were tiny by comparison in the fives and tens. This has the immediate effect of gaining $2,500 per contract on the short positions against the long holders, who lost that in moments and likely were stopped out. Perhaps look for yourselves into who was behind the trades at that time and note that within that 10-minute period 2,800 contracts hit all the bids to overcome them. This is hardly how a normal trader gets the best price when selling a commodity. Note silver instigated a rapid move lower in both precious metals.
This kind of trading can occur only when a market is being controlled by a single trading entity.

I have a lot of captured data illustrating just about every price takedown since JPMorgan took over the Bear Stearns short silver position.
I am sure you are in a better position to look into the exact details.
It is my wish just to bring more information to your attention to assist you in putting a stop to this criminal activity.

Kind regards,
Andrew Maguire

To: Andrew Maguire
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:04 PM
Subject: RE: Silver today

Mr. Maguire,
Thank you for this communication, and for taking the time to furnish the slides.
Cc: BChilton [CFTC]
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: Silver today

Dear Mr. Ramirez,
Thanks for your response.
Thought it may be helpful to your investigation if I gave you the heads up for a manipulative event signaled for Friday, 5th Feb. The non-farm payrolls number will be announced at 8.30 ET. There will be one of two scenarios occurring, and both will result in silver (and gold) being taken down with a wave of short selling designed to take out obvious support levels and trip stops below. While I will no doubt be able to profit from this upcoming trade, it is an example of just how easy it is to manipulate a market if a concentrated position is allowed by a very small group of traders.

I sent you a slide of a couple of past examples of just how this will play out.

Scenario 1. The news is bad (employment is worse). This will have a bullish effect on gold and silver as the U.S. dollar weakens and the precious metals draw bids, spiking them higher. This will be sold into within a very short time (1-5 mins) with thousands of new short contracts being added, overcoming any new bids and spiking the precious metals down hard, targeting key technical support levels.

Scenario 2. The news is good (employment is better than expected). This will result in a massive short position being instigated almost immediately with no move up. This will not initially be liquidation of long positions but will result in stops being triggered, again targeting key support levels.

Both scenarios will spell an attempt by the two main short holders to illegally drive the market down and reap very large profits. Locals such as myself will be "invited" on board, which will further add downward pressure.

The question I would expect you might ask is: Who is behind the sudden selling and is it the entity/entities holding a concentrated position? How is it possible for me to know what will occur days before it will happen?
Only if a market is manipulated could this possibly occur.

I would ask you watch the "market depth" live as this event occurs and tag who instigates the move. This would surly help you to pose questions to the parties involved.

This kind of "not-for-profit selling" will end badly and risks the integrity of the COMEX and OTC markets.

I am aware that physical buyers in large size are awaiting this event to scoop up as much "discounted" gold and silver as possible. These are sophisticated entities, mainly foreign, who know how to play the short sellers and turn this paper gold into real delivered physical.

Given that the OTC market (where a lot of the selling occurs) runs on a fractional reserve basis and is not backed up by 1-1 physical gold, this leveraged short selling, where ownership of each ounce of gold has multi claims, poses a very large risk.

I leave this with you, but if you need anything from me that might help you in your investigation I would be pleased to help.

Kind regards,
Andrew T. Maguire

Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 2:11 PM
Subject: Fw: Silver today

If you get this in a timely manner, with silver at 15.330 post data, I would suggest you look at who is adding short contracts in the silver contract while gold still rises after NFP data. It is undoubtedly the concentrated short who has "walked silver down" since Wednesday, putting large blocks in the way of bids. This is clear manipulation as the long holders who have been liquidated are matched by new short selling as open interest is rising during the decline.

There should be no reason for this to be occurring other than controlling silver's rise. There is an intent to drive silver through the 15 level stops before buying them back after flushing out the long holders.

Regards,

Andrew

Cc: BChilton [CFTC]; GGensler [CFTC]
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 3:37 PM

A final e-mail to confirm that the silver manipulation was a great success and played out EXACTLY to plan as predicted yesterday. How would this be possible if the silver market was not in the full control of the parties we discussed in our phone interview? I have honored my commitment not to publicize our discussions.

I hope you took note of how and who added the short sales (I certainly have a copy) and I am certain you will find it is the same concentrated shorts who have been in full control since JPM took over the Bear Stearns position.

It is common knowledge here in London among the metals traders that it is JPM's intent to flush out and cover as many shorts as possible prior to any discussion in March about position limits. I feel sorry for all those not in this loop. A serious amount of money was made and lost today and in my opinion as a result of the CFTC's allowing by your own definition an illegal concentrated and manipulative position to continue.
Bart, you made reference to it at the energy meeting. Even if the level is in dispute, what is not disputed is that it exists.
Surely some discussions should have taken place between the parties by now. Obviously they feel they can act with impunity.
If I can compile the data, then the CFTC should be able to too.
I would think this is an embarrassment to you as regulators.
Hoping to get your acknowledgement.

Kind regards,

Andrew T. Maguire

Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 7:47 PM

Just logging off here in London. Final note.

Now that gold is undergoing short covering, please look at market depth right now in silver and evidence the large selling blocks in a thin market being put in the way of silver regaining the technical 15 level, which would cause a short covering rally and new longs being instigated. This is resulting in the gold-silver ratio being stretched to ridiculous levels.

I hope this day has given you an example of how silver is "managed" and gives you something more to work with.
If this was long manipulation in, say, the energy market, the shoe would be on the other foot, I suspect.

Have a good weekend.

Andrew

Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 8:24 AM
Cc: Gensler, Gary; Chilton, Bart [CFTC]

Dear Mr. Ramirez,

I hadn't received any acknowledgement from you regarding the series of e-mails sent by me last week warning you of the planned market manipulation that would occur in silver and gold a full two days prior to the non-farm payrolls data release.
My objective was to give you something in advance to watch, log, and follow up in your market manipulation investigation.

You will note that the huge footprints left by the two concentrated large shorts were obvious and easily identifiable. You have the data.
The signals I identified ahead of the intended short selling event were clear.

The "live" action I sent you 41 minutes after the trigger event predicting the next imminent move also played out within minutes and exactly as I outlined.

Surely you must at least be somewhat mystified that a market move could be forecast with such accuracy if it was free trading.

All you have to do is identify the large seller and if it is the concentrated short shown in the bank participation report, bring them to task for market manipulation.

I have honored my commitment to assist you and keep any information we discuss private,however if you are going to ignore my information I will deem that commitment to have expired.
All I ask is that you acknowledge receipt of my information. The rest I leave in your good hands.

Respectfully yours,

Andrew T. Maguire

To: Andrew Maguire
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 1:29 PM
Subject: RE: Silver today

Good afternoon, Mr. Maguire,

I have received and reviewed your email communications. Thank you so very much for your observations.
Until creationists come up with theory which contains more substance than “my favourite magic man did it” they will continue to bleat their flaccid protests like an antelope with a lion attached to its throat.
dreamweaver

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Apollonius » Apr 15, 2010 2:57 pm

There is some truth to it, but it's a weak conspiracy theory.

Its true that banks are more powerful than presidents, but internal security forces are too. Look how much the CIA gets away with by controlling what a president sees and his options.
Healing the sick, casting out demons, and raising the dead since the first century...
Apollonius

Male

Print view this post

#5  Postby ymitchell » Apr 16, 2010 1:03 pm

Luis Dias wrote:... ahhhh hey, do you have any slight evidence apart from links to crazy websites?[/size]

Yea, what you do is, take some verifiable historical facts, mix them up with total nonsense like 9/11 conspiracies or secret Nazi bunkers in the Antarctic and then publish on some 'alternative news', that way you discredit the msg. Here's one mans description of the founder of BIS ..

"He is a man of quite astonishing ability and is unsurpassed in the art of getting the better of the other party. But it was just his consummate skill in swindling other people which made him indispensable at the time"

"24. Clement, Piet. "The Bank for International Settlements during the Second World War". In Nazi gold: the London Conference, 2-4 December 1997, 44-60. London: HMSO, 1997.

Note: The aim of this paper is to provide a brief overview of the wartime activities of the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), focusing in particular on the gold transactions undertaken with the German Reichsbank.
"

"OV4/IO1 Overseas Department file on BIS/Czechoslovakia, 1939-1947 Detailed account of the sequence of events leading to and following the transfer of Czech gold held in London on BIS account to Reichsbank BIS account"

"Both Puhl and Thoms later stated that while the BIS made the gold transfer to the Reichsbank account in London, the Germans did not actually transport any gold from England at the time; the transaction was completed through the BIS in Basil"
ymitchell
Banned User

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Matt_B » Apr 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Call that a conspiracy theory? There's not even one mention of Opus Dei or the Knights Templar. :lol:
"Last night was the most horrific for Kyiv since, just imagine, 1941 when it was attacked by Nazis."
- Sergiy Kyslytsya
Matt_B

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#7  Postby laklak » Apr 16, 2010 1:33 pm

Matt_B wrote:Call that a conspiracy theory? There's not even one mention of Opus Dei or the Knights Templar. :lol:

No Elders of Zion, no Ass-Raping Reptilian Overlords, no Black Helicopters?

Sheesh.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#8  Postby ConnyRaSk » Apr 16, 2010 1:45 pm

The history of the BIS (as above in OP) is for the most part, true. It is also true that they work outside of countries' laws.
Knowing how to find loopholes to make transfers.
If readers consider this "a conspiracy" in the general definition of what a conspiracy is, then yeah, could be...but don't rely on what i say, read up on it. But you need to go back to WW2 newspapers and transcripts of some radio interviews. Very troublesome, hardly any reporters have bothered to do this. My dad (now in his 80's)knew about this from papers he read as a young man.
Literature, fiction, poetry, whatever, makes justice in the world. That’s why it almost always has to be on the side of the underdog. ~Grace Paley
ConnyRaSk

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Luis Dias » Apr 16, 2010 1:48 pm

ymitchell wrote:
Luis Dias wrote:... ahhhh hey, do you have any slight evidence apart from links to crazy websites?[/size]

Yea, what you do is, take some verifiable historical facts, mix them up with total nonsense like 9/11 conspiracies or secret Nazi bunkers in the Antarctic and then publish on some 'alternative news', that way you discredit the msg.

Nice. So the lack of credibility becomes evidence of its credibility.
:dance:
Luis Dias

Male

Portugal (pt)
Print view this post

#10  Postby ymitchell » Apr 16, 2010 1:56 pm

It's called pissing in the well :shhh: It's almost as if they are deliberately projecting the impression of, 'don't believe me, I'm a total nutjob'. I just wonder who financing that kind of stuff.
ymitchell
Banned User

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby ConnyRaSk » Apr 16, 2010 1:58 pm

yeah: :shhh:
Literature, fiction, poetry, whatever, makes justice in the world. That’s why it almost always has to be on the side of the underdog. ~Grace Paley
ConnyRaSk

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Luis Dias » Apr 16, 2010 2:10 pm

ymitchell wrote:It's called pissing in the well :shhh: It's almost as if they are deliberately projecting the impression of, 'don't believe me, I'm a total nutjob'. I just wonder who financing that kind of stuff.

Well it's a market. It means there are buyers. They only project an image they know will sell. So this doesn't tell us much about the salesmen, but rather about these particular consumers.
Luis Dias

Male

Portugal (pt)
Print view this post

#13  Postby dreamweaver » Apr 17, 2010 12:10 am

ymitchell wrote: It's almost as if they are deliberately projecting the impression of, 'don't believe me, I'm a total nutjob'.

Exactly. It's almost as if the want people to disbelieve it. That way they can manipulate markets with impunity. The label "conspiracy theory" is almost as useful as "goddidit". It stops people searching any deeper. Possibly precisely want they want.

Anyone see "Taking Pelham 123?"
dreamweaver

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#14  Postby King Hazza » Apr 17, 2010 12:40 am

It's no mystery that countries whose major parties have since been hijacked by corrupt lobbyists have made them havens for career pollies to work on behalf of any interests that need a bribe for the government to make their lives easier.
The end result is politics stops becoming a matter of governance but a launching pad for failed businessmen to inject themselves into a well-paid position post-retirement by helping the company they ACTUALLY wanted to work for get their way (a local politician named Bob Carr outlined this whole process).

I seriously doubt a single bank organisation controls the world with politicians afraid to defy them- although I would imagine that there a a considerable amount of banks, investment groups, property groups and oil tycoons that many politicians around the world would eagerly bend over and sell some assets to.
----------------------------------------------
Wikileaks enhances democracy
SUPPORT JULIAN ASSANGE and the leakers who stick their necks out for others
-----------------
King Hazza

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#15  Postby ConnyRaSk » Apr 17, 2010 3:47 pm

King Hazza wrote:

I seriously doubt a single bank organisation controls the world with politicians afraid to defy them- although I would imagine that there a a considerable amount of banks, investment groups, property groups and oil tycoons that many politicians around the world would eagerly bend over and sell some assets to.

bolded for truth
ConnyRaSk

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#16  Postby Propagangster » Apr 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Politicians really don't have that much power and are mostly there to provide the illusion of choice, but anyone who thinks the people we elect factually hold a great deal of power and authority to bring about change are lying to themselves. Maybe it's a comforting thought - That maybe, if we had good politicians, things could really change for the better?

But ultimately, one reason that politicians have so little power has nothing to do with the wealthy, the new age aristocracy of corporate interests and powerful lobbies - A lot of it is the result of an inactive, complacent, relatively uneducated and easy to divide population, but that one means people would have to take a long hard look at themselves and take some responsability.

In 2010, that's just evil.

But how can anyone lead a country and bring about changes when you can't get people to agree on anything, to cast aside their differences to establish priorities and focus on what needs to be done?

It's easy to blame corporations, or lobbies, or even politicians.

The real problem is us.

You can't pretend to be a proponent for change unless you are willing to make genuine sacrifices to get somewhere - and we have major problems with sacrifices.
Propagangster

Name: François
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs