Rush Limbaugh Endorses Lord's Resistance Army

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Rush Limbaugh Endorses Lord's Resistance Army

#1  Postby GT2211 » Oct 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Limbaugh stated
Now, up until today, most Americans have never heard of the combat Lord’s Resistance Army. And here we are at war with them. Have you ever heard of Lord’s Resistance Army, Dawn? How about you, Brian? Snerdley, have you? You never heard of Lord’s Resistance Army? Well, proves my contention, most Americans have never heard of it, and here we are at war with them. Lord’s Resistance Army are Christians. It means God. I was only kidding. Lord’s Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them. That’s what the lingo means, “to help regional forces remove from the battlefield,” meaning capture or kill. [...]

Lord’s Resistance Army objectives. I have them here. “To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people.” Now, again Lord’s Resistance Army is who Obama sent troops to help nations wipe out. The objectives of the Lord’s Resistance Army, what they’re trying to accomplish with their military action in these countries is the following: “To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people; to fight for the immediate restoration of the competitive multiparty democracy in Uganda; to see an end to gross violation of human rights and dignity of Ugandans; to ensure the restoration of peace and security in Uganda, to ensure unity, sovereignty, and economic prosperity beneficial to all Ugandans, and to bring to an end the repressive policy of deliberate marginalization of groups of people who may not agree with the LRA ideology.” Those are the objectives of the group that we are fighting, or who are being fought and we are joining in the effort to remove them from the battlefield.

Yglesias
I think reasonable people can disagree as to whether or not chasing a relatively small band of depraved mass murderers around central africa is a reasonable thing for American military personel to be doing. But let’s make no mistake—these are depraved mass murderers. And yet Rush Limbaugh is pleased to welcome them as fellow Christian allies.

http://thinkprogress.org/yglesias/2011/ ... ance-army/

:doh: :doh: :doh:
gt2211: Making Ratskep Great Again!
GT2211

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Rush Limbaugh Endorses Lord's Resistance Army

#2  Postby j.mills » Oct 15, 2011 11:22 pm

Well, now that I've read their objectives, I must say the scales have fallen from my eyes. Forcing children into battle, terrorising them, making them hack a friend to death with a machete to prove their loyalty, chopping hands of anyone who might one day disagree with them... all of these things are easily overlooked now that I know that they're working towards multiparty democracy. I must dash off a note of thanks to Mr Limbaugh for his penetrating insight. Why hasn't he been made a Dame yet?
WordsVoiceLimericky tweets

There is grandeur in this view of life
Where one becomes many through struggle and strife,
But the Mother of Mysteries is another man's call:
Why is there something 'stead of nothing at all?

The Darwin Song Project
j.mills

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Tortured_Genius » Oct 15, 2011 11:29 pm

WTF - the LRA have to be one of the sickest groups mass murderers on the face of the planet today.

I actually cheered when I saw someone was finally sending in troops to aid against them.

I guess this useless organ of propaganda is just being dumb rather than speaking from actual knowledge, or even bothering to look the group up on Wikipedia,

To put this in context - this is of the order of cheerfully endorsing the activities of the Spanish Inquisition because they were christians.............. :puke:
None are so hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Goethe
Tortured_Genius

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Nostalgia » Oct 15, 2011 11:40 pm

It's enough to make you cry. It really fucking is. :nono:

What's the point? When cunts like this hold such a large sway over so many? Why do we even bother?
We are alive, so the universe must be said to be alive. We are its consciousness as well as our own. We rise out of the cosmos and see its mesh of patterns, and it strikes us as beautiful. And that feeling is the most important thing in all the universe.
Nostalgia

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Calilasseia » Oct 15, 2011 11:47 pm

Christofascist mouth on a stick sides with mass murderers. In other news, water is wet. Film at 11.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby King Hazza » Oct 16, 2011 1:09 am

j.mills wrote:Well, now that I've read their objectives, I must say the scales have fallen from my eyes. Forcing children into battle, terrorising them, making them hack a friend to death with a machete to prove their loyalty, chopping hands of anyone who might one day disagree with them... all of these things are easily overlooked now that I know that they're working towards multiparty democracy. I must dash off a note of thanks to Mr Limbaugh for his penetrating insight. Why hasn't he been made a Dame yet?

Sadly that applies for most "resistance" groups across Africa- they are in reality just a bunch of tribal warlords who 'recruit' people they can manipulate into helping them get more power for themselves only- and the best people for that are other people's children.

In essence they are real-life Fagans- only more brutal.
----------------------------------------------
Wikileaks enhances democracy
SUPPORT JULIAN ASSANGE and the leakers who stick their necks out for others
-----------------
King Hazza

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7  Postby james1v » Oct 16, 2011 1:28 am

There must be oil in them there hills! Or...
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Loren Michael » Oct 16, 2011 9:16 am

This is just funny. It's like he started with the name and then skimmed the Wikipedia article (missing a few key paragraphs). It's kind of like endorsing John Wayne Gacy to support rugged cowboy individualism.
Loren Michael

Name: Loren Michael

China (cn)
Print view this post

#9  Postby kiore » Oct 16, 2011 11:33 am

I was going to write: "this doesn't even make sense from a 'christian' vs moslem perspectitive" but of course it doesn't make sense.
So who are the LRA fighting? At present Uganda, South Sudan and Congo (Zaire) which are all technically christian countries for the purposes of this discussion, and who armed and backed them for years? Sudan, that is the Islamic Republic of rather than South Sudan.
About oil, well maybe not oil but minerals in the region, this group has proved a destabilizing influence to this area not very far from where I am sitting and has resisted all attempts at negotiation. Foreign advisors have been present for quite a while and the Ugandan Army has had some successes, first pushing them over the borders then pursuing them with the agreement of their neighbours. Technical assistence will be very welcome, this is a vast area with poor communications.
I hope this deployment will help in removing this vicious gang from this region that has suffered from their depredations for years.
Folding@Home Team member.
What does this stuff mean?
Read here:
general-science/folding-home-team-182116-t616.html
kiore
Senior Moderator

Print view this post

#10  Postby chairman bill » Oct 16, 2011 11:55 am

So when is he going to be called on this by the media? Surely even Fox News is going to point out the idiocy of this man, isn't it?
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Wiðercora » Oct 16, 2011 12:05 pm

chairman bill wrote:So when is he going to be called on this by the media? Surely even Fox News is going to point out the idiocy of this man, isn't it?

Hahaha, haha, hahaha. Ahhh, that's a good one.
If the unemployed learned to be better managers they would be visibly better off, and I fancy it would not be long before the dole was docked correspondingly.
-- George Orwell

Infrequently updated photo blog.
Wiðercora

Name: Call me 'Betty'.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby chairman bill » Oct 16, 2011 12:29 pm

I know, I know, but really ...

If he was caught en flagrante with a goat, it would be argued away as preparing it for sacrifice to God, in some OT reconstructivist ceremony, designed to lift the US out of recession. And some people would accept it.
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#13  Postby quill » Oct 16, 2011 6:33 pm

In May 2009, U.S. President Obama signed into law the Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act,[46] legislation aimed at stopping Joseph Kony and the LRA. The bill passed unanimously in the Senate on March 11, 2010 with 65 Senators as cosponsors, then passed unanimously in the House of Representatives on May 13, 2010 with 202 Representatives as cosponsors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army
"Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it’s just the opposite." ~John Kenneth Galbraith
quill

Print view this post

#14  Postby j.mills » Oct 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Wait - aren't all those senators and congresspersons christians? How does that work then, Rush? :ask:
WordsVoiceLimericky tweets

There is grandeur in this view of life
Where one becomes many through struggle and strife,
But the Mother of Mysteries is another man's call:
Why is there something 'stead of nothing at all?

The Darwin Song Project
j.mills

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby GT2211 » Oct 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Rush Limbaugh aside...what is everyone's opinion on the US involvement in this? I have read that this is likely a political payback to Uganda for helping deal with Al-Qaeda in and around Somalia. Conservatives and liberals seemed to be pretty mixed on this though it seems to me anyway.
gt2211: Making Ratskep Great Again!
GT2211

United States (us)
Print view this post

#16  Postby NineOneFour » Oct 16, 2011 8:54 pm

Limbaugh needs to be censured.
Citizen of the (future) People's Social Democratic Republic of Cascadia.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Name: Yes, I'm an asshole.
Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#17  Postby NineOneFour » Oct 16, 2011 8:55 pm

GT2211 wrote:Rush Limbaugh aside...what is everyone's opinion on the US involvement in this? I have read that this is likely a political payback to Uganda for helping deal with Al-Qaeda in and around Somalia. Conservatives and liberals seemed to be pretty mixed on this though it seems to me anyway.

I don't know. I really don't have a major problem with putting a bullet in the heads of these scumbags, as long as we can do it inexpensively.
cascadianow.org

For help managing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), go here. I am able to manage it, and so can you.
NineOneFour

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Loren Michael » Oct 17, 2011 2:34 am

GT2211 wrote:Rush Limbaugh aside...what is everyone's opinion on the US involvement in this? I have read that this is likely a political payback to Uganda for helping deal with Al-Qaeda in and around Somalia. Conservatives and liberals seemed to be pretty mixed on this though it seems to me anyway.

Bullets and manpower well-spent. The LRA is clearly awful and needs to be eliminated.
Loren Michael

Name: Loren Michael

China (cn)
Print view this post

#19  Postby NineOneFour » Oct 17, 2011 3:54 am

Loren Michael wrote:

Bullets and manpower well-spent. The LRA is clearly awful and needs to be eliminated.

As do all of their supporters.
cascadianow.org

NineOneFour

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#20  Postby andyx1205 » Oct 17, 2011 5:32 am

Yah, they want to remove dictatorship and replace it with a Christian theocracy. I guess when it comes to Christian theocracies...Limbaugh doesn't have a problem with them. They're pretty much the Christian version of the Taliban...you know...Christianity stuck in the Dark Ages of Europe. Btw doesn't their leader have like over 50 wives?
“I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full.” - Trotsky
andyx1205

Name: Andy
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Next

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs