SWAGLESS Toronto Mayor Rob Ford caught smoking crack

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: SWAGLESS Toronto Mayor Rob Ford caught smoking crack

#461  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 08, 2014 12:48 am

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Thank you for clarifying for me the true meaning of my words.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#462  Postby Acetone » May 08, 2014 2:34 am

michael^3 wrote:Politicians represent the people and many people are drug addicts. So there should be more drug addicts in politics. How can politicians make decisions on drug policies if none of them have seen the inside of it?

Have you ever been pregnant? Cause you sure had a lot of interesting things to say sex and abortion. For that matter, have you ever even had sex? :think: :whistle:
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#463  Postby Shrunk » May 08, 2014 3:10 pm

Apparently Rob Ford got reprimanded for speaking to Toronto Sun journalist Joe Warmington whilst being in "rehab." We know this because he called Joe Warmington to tell him. Looks like that media ban is going pretty well so far.

http://torontoist.com/2014/05/newsstand-may-8-2014/
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#464  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Is he, um, rehabbing at home or something? Because that method hasn't been working over the last several months.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#465  Postby michael^3 » May 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Acetone wrote:
michael^3 wrote:Politicians represent the people and many people are drug addicts. So there should be more drug addicts in politics. How can politicians make decisions on drug policies if none of them have seen the inside of it?

Have you ever been pregnant? Cause you sure had a lot of interesting things to say sex and abortion.

I've been inside a womb.
Happy the man who delights in God's law and meditates on it day and night.
michael^3

Print view this post

#466  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 08, 2014 4:23 pm

Not consciously, you haven't.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#467  Postby Shrunk » May 08, 2014 4:31 pm

michael^3 wrote:
Acetone wrote:

Have you ever been pregnant? Cause you sure had a lot of interesting things to say sex and abortion.

I've been inside a womb.

And we've all been in close physical proximity to people with addictions, so that should be adequate for understanding them.

Anyway, let's not go off-topic here....
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#468  Postby Acetone » May 08, 2014 10:35 pm

michael^3 wrote:
Acetone wrote:

I've been inside a womb.

I had to thumbs up your comment for making me laugh at the sheer stupidity.
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#469  Postby Shrunk » May 11, 2014 12:10 pm

We can put the conspiracy theories to rest. We finally have confirmation from a credible source that Ford is, indeed, in rehab.

Meanwhile, the latest account of Ford's behaviour is perhaps the most appalling yet:

Ford’s perpetually shiny Escalade is moving through icy streets with Ford at the wheel. Ford is wasted; on what, is unclear. It’s about 8 p.m.

Beside him in the car is Bruno Bellissimo, Ford’s friend from high school. Close by in the neighbourhood is Sandro Lisi. In one of the many fascinating turns of the Ford story, these three men were back where they started a year previous, during the infamous Garrison Ball incident of Feb. 23, 2013. On that night, Ford, Lisi and Bellissimo headed down to the military ball with Ford’s young children in the backseat. His choice of companions then included Lisi, with a record of threatening to kill young women, and Bellissimo, a crack addict, who shortly after the ball beat up his mother and was convicted of assault and threatening death. Ford was ejected from that year’s Garrison Ball for being impaired....

Ford has two ways of communicating as he drives — his cellular phone and his Onstar device, a General Motors product that acts as a cellphone. During one call as he drives that night, Ford is recorded as saying the following about Jews, blacks and Italians:

“Nobody sticks up for people like I do, every f---ing k--e, n----r, f---ing w-p, d-go, whatever the race. Nobody does. I’m the most racist guy around. I’m the mayor of Toronto.”...

According to an account of the evening, drugs are present as the men meet in the park. An hour passes. Ford and Bellissimo drive to Ford’s home, with Lisi in tow driving his Range Rover. From here on, there is no known audio recording of the night.

The front walkway to the Ford house leads to a modest front door. At about 10 p.m. that night, Ford and his pals arrive. Ford has a bag of McDonald’s food in his hand. Ford jiggles the front door and then kicks the door open. He, Lisi, Bellissimo and another man step in.

“Don’t worry guys, my kids aren’t here,” Ford says.

For no apparent reason, Ford turns on Bellissimo and hits him squarely in the face twice — boom, boom — forgetting that he has a bagful of Big Macs in his hand. Burgers and fries scatter. Ford makes Bellissimo pick them up.

Down the stairs they go. Ford’s wife Renata is on the couch, a tired lounger that has been described to the Star by paramedics and firefighters who have attended calls at the house over the past two years. Renata is smoking a joint.

“You’re a f---ing idiot,” Renata says.

Enraged, Ford rummages for his Don Bosco coaching jacket. “It’s where I keep my weed,” he tells people in the room. Ford turns on his wife, screaming that she has taken his drugs. Standing there quietly are Lisi and Bellissimo.

To a visitor, Ford says, almost offhanded, “You can f--- her if you want, in front of me.”

Nobody speaks. The comment is ignored by Ford’s wife. Men in the room are shocked.

“It’s okay,” Ford burbles. “She lets me f--k girls in front of her all the time.”

Eyes flicked upward, to the rest of the house.

“It’s okay, my kids are not home,” Ford repeats....
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#470  Postby felltoearth » May 11, 2014 2:23 pm

I can't even...
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#471  Postby DarthHelmet86 » May 11, 2014 2:28 pm

So how much is Ford being paid by a tv studio for this reality tv show? Could we perhaps ask them to stop?
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#472  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 11, 2014 2:29 pm

I do love Big Macs. Might have to throw my support behind this guy.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#473  Postby Acetone » May 11, 2014 2:50 pm

Doesn't matter, still voting for Ford!
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#474  Postby felltoearth » May 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Acetone wrote:Doesn't matter, still voting for Ford!

Seriously? Why?
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#475  Postby Acetone » May 11, 2014 5:08 pm

felltoearth wrote:

Seriously? Why?

Should have put [/sarcasm].
Acetone

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#476  Postby felltoearth » May 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Acetone wrote:
felltoearth wrote:

Seriously? Why?

Should have put [/sarcasm].

Heh. Indeed.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#477  Postby Shrunk » May 17, 2014 12:21 pm

It's still unclear exactly what sort of "rehab" Ford is enrolled in. It is evidently one that allows you to take breaks for the long weekend to visit the cottage, so long as this is to "address an important matter which otherwise would have been a major distraction." i.e. get his dry cleaning done.
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#478  Postby Shrunk » May 18, 2014 12:52 am

In case anyone has not yet realized that, for all his faults, Rob is not the biggest asshole in Ford family:

Staff of a residential home for developmentally disabled youth with mental health issues newly opened in a north Etobicoke neighbourhood faced an angry, anxious group of residents Thursday night....

“I’ve never heard of a facility where the police come so many times,” one man said. “Something is very, very wrong with your facility that the police come so often. Why are you still licensed?” ...

Ward 2 Etobicoke North Councillor Doug Ford arrived 25 minutes late for the meeting his office organized, making a campaign-style quip about snarled traffic and the city’s need for more subways....

Midway through the hour-long meeting, Ford seemed to have made up his mind.

“We can’t have fire trucks and police cars and EMS there all the time and eight cars parked on the street. You’ve ruined the community,” Ford told Griffin Centre staff.

In the next breath, he said he would ask them to relocate the home.

“You can’t destroy a community like this. People have worked 30 years for their home...My heart goes out to kids with autism. But no one told me they’d be leaving the house. If it comes down to it, I’ll buy the house myself and resell it.”

Ford accused centre staff of not being up front with him about the home, a charge they denied saying they explained the facility to him at a meeting in his office months ago.

Ford urged another meeting in two weeks with centre staff, city staff and two community representatives: “I want to work with you and move forward,” he said.

Ford roused the crowd one last time at meeting’s end.

“I’m going to get the you-know-what kicked out of me. Tomorrow, I’ll be inundated by every media in the country saying I don’t like kids with autism,” he said.

One man asked if the youth had criminal backgrounds. The answer was no.

Ford asked if any of the four are sex offenders. The answer was no....

http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story ... doug-ford/
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#479  Postby felltoearth » May 19, 2014 12:26 pm

I quite like this comment below the story.

Residents of Edenbridge Dr. are outraged. One of the houses is a notorious property that frequently attracts police. “We can’t have police there all the time and 8 cars parked on the street. You’ve ruined the community!” the councillor exclaimed. Other residents were upset. “What do I say to my kids when the owner is freaking out?” asked one woman. “When she says, ‘Why are there police here again?’ What do I say?”Another added “The solution is for him to move. This is a community for the people, not for that. I have nothing against the owner; he needs help.” The councillor finished “You can’t destroy a community like this. My heart goes out to people with drug addictions. But no one told me he’d be leaving the house.”
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#480  Postby Shrunk » May 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Well, to be fair, Rob Ford has been sent out to the country. Cottage Country, that is.
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs