Beware atheist kids bearing cookies.

Atheism, secularism & freethought etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Beware atheist kids bearing cookies.

#1  Postby Shrunk » Mar 23, 2010 5:46 pm

This Christian "inspirational" website published a heartwarming story about a 7 year old who brightened up his neighbours' day by distributing gifts of cookies. They neglected to mention, however, that the boy's parents are atheists.

The comments are a hoot, particularly the one from hmohler.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Beware atheist kids bearing cookies.

#2  Postby I'm With Stupid » Mar 23, 2010 5:58 pm

Funny. :grin:
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#3  Postby MattHunX » Mar 23, 2010 5:58 pm

:clap: Good kid! :cheers:

Have you read some of the comments on that page? Most of them were very nice.
One, was annoying:

Amazing Grace:

Submitted by hmohler on Tue, 03/23/2010 - 13:11.

I was touched by this story. My first thought was of a verse of scripture which says that a little child shall lead them. Then I was blown away by all the comments about this being an atheist family. I had no idea, nor did I see any indication in the article that this was the case. If it is true that the family is "Godless" as one comment put it, I am thrilled by this clear indicator that even if you do not believe in God, God still believes in you. In this story, we have strong evidence that God can work through anyone, regardless of their professed belief. I believe God used this young man to bring good to God's people. We are all God's people and those who are non-believers can still be saved by God's Grace!

:nono:
MattHunX

Print view this post

#4  Postby Calilasseia » Mar 23, 2010 11:54 pm

Supernaturalists making shit up to validate their magic man, regardless of the real world evidence? Surely not ...

In other news, water is wet. Film at 11.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Shrunk » Mar 24, 2010 1:06 am

Oops! Looks like the Xians have taken the page down. Luckily, it was cached here.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#6  Postby klazmon » Mar 24, 2010 1:07 am

Have they taken it down? I get 'You are not authorized to access this page.' in the blogs div on that page.

Edit.... Ah I see. Thanks Shrunk.
klazmon

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#7  Postby MattHunX » Mar 24, 2010 7:14 am

Calilasseia wrote:Supernaturalists making shit up to validate their magic man, regardless of the real world evidence? Surely not ...

:rofl:
MattHunX

Print view this post

#8  Postby MoonLit » Mar 24, 2010 8:12 am

Calilasseia wrote:Supernaturalists making shit up to validate their magic man, regardless of the real world evidence? Surely not ...

:lol:

MattHunX wrote::clap: Good kid! :cheers:

Have you read some of the comments on that page? Most of them were very nice.
One, was annoying:

Amazing Grace:

Submitted by hmohler on Tue, 03/23/2010 - 13:11.

I was touched by this story. My first thought was of a verse of scripture which says that a little child shall lead them. Then I was blown away by all the comments about this being an atheist family. I had no idea, nor did I see any indication in the article that this was the case. If it is true that the family is "Godless" as one comment put it, I am thrilled by this clear indicator that even if you do not believe in God, God still believes in you. In this story, we have strong evidence that God can work through anyone, regardless of their professed belief. I believe God used this young man to bring good to God's people. We are all God's people and those who are non-believers can still be saved by God's Grace!

:nono:

That is indeed annoying. Apparently children can't be good just for the sake of wanting to make others happy, a god must somehow be involved! :roll:
Image Image Image Image
Click the eggs please!
MoonLit
RS Donator

Name: Andi
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Nontheism