Lady Gaga, anti-religous theme?

Atheism, secularism & freethought etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Lady Gaga, anti-religous theme?

#1  Postby Paul1 » Mar 22, 2010 1:27 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZey ... ature=fvwp

Not sure if this has been noticed, but we all know Lady Gaga includes advertising in her videos... in the latest "Telephone" it's Virgin Mobile. She likes to include random things from films I notice. In "Bad Romance" it's some alcohol of some kind...but I also noticed on the bath coffins is a crucifix with "Monster" written above at time index 30 seconds. An anti religious stance after being brought up Roman Catholic?
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.
Paul1

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Lady Gaga, anti-religous theme?

#2  Postby mmmcheezy » Mar 22, 2010 1:28 am

Either way, she's pissing off religious folk, and I can definitely get behind that!
http://www.rantingnraging.tumblr.com

I'm not larger than life, I'm not taller than trees
mmmcheezy
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby MoonLit » Mar 22, 2010 4:00 am

mmmcheezy wrote:Either way, she's pissing off religious folk, and I can definitely get behind that!

QFT. :cheers:
Image Image Image Image
Click the eggs please!
MoonLit
RS Donator

Name: Andi
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Shaker » Mar 22, 2010 8:28 pm

mmmcheezy wrote:Either way, she's pissing off religious folk, and I can definitely get behind that!

Spoken like a true anti-theist :cheers:
To be boosted by an illusion is not to live better than to live in harmony with the truth ... these refusals to part with a decayed illusion are really an infection to the mind. - George Santayana
Shaker

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby josephchoi » Mar 22, 2010 8:31 pm

I swear she's like the marilyn manson of the 21st century or something, which the whole "shocking/weird" schtick she has.
Donuts don't wear alligator shoes!
josephchoi

Male

Print view this post

#6  Postby HughMcB » Mar 22, 2010 8:33 pm

Although I like what she does and think she is genuinely quite artistic, I do get a vibe that she isolates herself a little from reality, too much of that can be a bad thing. Everyone needs a cup of tea with their nan every now and again.

I'm basing this on an interview I saw on Johnny Ross. Basically he was saying to her that no one can even get anywhere near her, so how does she expect to make new friends (as she was saying it can be lonely).
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#7  Postby mmmcheezy » Mar 23, 2010 2:30 am

HughMcB wrote:Although I like what she does and think she is genuinely quite artistic, I do get a vibe that she isolates herself a little from reality, too much of that can be a bad thing. Everyone needs a cup of tea with their nan every now and again.

I'm basing this on an interview I saw on Johnny Ross. Basically he was saying to her that no one can even get anywhere near her, so how does she expect to make new friends (as she was saying it can be lonely).

Uh, you obviously don't know anything about her at all, because she's best friends with Perez Hilton!
::cough::

I mean...I don't obsessively follow celebrity gossip websites, so I wouldn't know if that was true or not...

Seriously, I don't REALLY CARE about celebrities...I just find their lives fascinating. Does that make any sense?

mmmcheezy
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8  Postby ryuuk » Mar 24, 2010 2:48 am

Too bad she pisses me off whenever I hear her music. I watched the video for Telephone after Fox "News" made a big stink against it saying that it was very offensive and it harmed the kiddies (They did this by showing the part where Lady Gaga pranced around in her underwear with other women when she was in jail and then stated that they were showing the safer parts of the video when they were showing the most graphic parts thus lying about it. They also had a problem with the whole Beyonce and Lady Gaga lesbian angle.). It ended up causing a genocide of brain cells in my head after viewing it and listening it. First of all it was just a series of pop culture references thrown into a blender and then regurgitated into a story that had absolutely nothing to do with the damn song and stupid as hell while being supported by a song that was nothing more than the same old fodder for the clubs.
ryuuk

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9  Postby mmmcheezy » Mar 24, 2010 2:53 am

ryuuk wrote:

Too bad she pisses me off whenever I hear her music. I watched the video for Telephone after Fox "News" made a big stink against it saying that it was very offensive and it harmed the kiddies (They did this by showing the part where Lady Gaga pranced around in her underwear with other women when she was in jail and then stated that they were showing the safer parts of the video when they were showing the most graphic parts thus lying about it. They also had a problem with the whole Beyonce and Lady Gaga lesbian angle.). It ended up causing a genocide of brain cells in my head after viewing it and listening it. First of all it was just a series of pop culture references thrown into a blender and then regurgitated into a story that had absolutely nothing to do with the damn song and stupid as hell while being supported by a song that was nothing more than the same old fodder for the clubs.

That's nice.

mmmcheezy
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Nontheism