i am thought
God is thought
surely not a non sequitur followed by a false syllogism
2=1 3=1 everything =1

I'm not the pheasant plucker,
I'm the pheasant plucker's son.
I'm only plucking pheasants,
'Till the pheasant plucker comes!

PS: No pheasants were harmed in the making of this post.
Thommo

Print view this post

Re: Simplistically God Does Exist

#42  Postby Thommo » Oct 23, 2014 2:56 pm

noahsociety wrote:1=2
1=total sum of all known things
2= 2 halves 1/2 + 1/2 =1 2=1
also 2= 1/2 3= 1/3 50= 1/50
The numbers are not being used in their normal meaning but the fact remains that the maths makes sense.
God exists but not in the way you try to observe or explain
You lot are no different to Qabbalists trying to gauge the speed of the Earths travel on its axis by consulting the Tetragammaton
You use the wong definitions, 8 the wrong logic I guess its because we still havent evolved enough yet in our science

2=1 or 2x=1. :ask:

So close, and yet so far.

A prisoner is stuck in a room.

This room has no doors, no windows and no entrance or exit. He has no tools, he has no assistance. There is a table and a chair in the centre of the room.

How can the prisoner escape?

First he rubs his finger on the table until it is sore, cuts the table in half with the saw. Puts the two halves of the table together to make it whole. Climbs in the hole and shouts until he is hoarse. Climbs on the horse and rides away.

One fine morning in the middle of the night,
Two dumb boys got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew their swords and shot one another.

A deaf policeman heard the noise,
came and arrested those two dumb boys.

PS: No pheasants were harmed in the making of this post.
Thommo

Print view this post

#43  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 23, 2014 3:30 pm

noahsociety wrote:Quite absurd & ridiculous IPU's exist. they exist in cartoons. they exist in "proof arguments" they exist. Their force is not strong,but they still have a presence and every time you use a jpeg of a ipu its existence strengthens. Observe it for yourselves.
God exists. Gods force is very strong, life and death in fact. God's force propels human action, not all but a lot. When humanity no longer considers God and is no longer propelled by him then God will no longer exist. But the human brain has a program within it . Its the program that makes us consider & strive for perfection. Because of this, thoughts of God and therefore God's force will never die. Biblical ones might and go the way of baal etc but at the very least the concept of a perfect God will always remain in the minds of humanity . So again why would science even try to disprove the existence of God. Better to redesign instead

Because science's remit doesn't include tossing around word salads?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#44  Postby scott1328 » Oct 23, 2014 3:35 pm

GOD is defined as the set of all intangible, invisible, omnipotent, omniscient, transcendent, eternal beings who care if you masturbate.

Ergo GOD exists.

Interestingly GOD = {}
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#45  Postby Thommo » Oct 23, 2014 3:37 pm

scott1328 wrote:GOD is defined as the set of all intangible, invisible, omnipotent, omniscient, transcendent, eternal beings who care if you masturbate.

Ergo GOD exists.

Interestingly GOD = {}

Just for a short moment, before I reached the last line, I was thrilled to find someone interested in my sex life.

Oh well, back to the internets for me I guess... :whistle:
Thommo

Print view this post

#46  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 23, 2014 3:39 pm

noahsociety wrote:1=2
1=total sum of all known things
2= 2 halves 1/2 + 1/2 =1 2=1
also 2= 1/2 3= 1/3 50= 1/50
The numbers are not being used in their normal meaning but the fact remains that the maths makes sense.
God exists but not in the way you try to observe or explain
You lot are no different to Qabbalists trying to gauge the speed of the Earths travel on its axis by consulting the Tetragammaton
You use the wong definitions, 8 the wrong logic I guess its because we still havent evolved enough yet in our science

I had a fourteen angle, which was total, and it brought more than a fraction with it. But even though the letter J is difficult and untrustworthy, it is still of essence to the way in which invisible pink unicorns exist.

Of course, that's only in relation to the existence of jam, were jam not strawberry, then the universe would cease to exist. Why can't science explain that, huh? Invisible pink unicorns exist but not in the way you're trying to imagine them - they exist as non-invisible, non-pink, non-unicorns. Never a miscommunication!

Naturally, you lot struggle in just the same way as acquariumentalists expecting to traverse the vastness of their local supermarket with just an air filtration system and a handful of gravel. It's all because words are used wrong by everyone else and the entire human race is incapable of thinking properly except me and possibly my mate Dave. I guess it's because we still haven't evolved enough yet in our English literate. Or possibly woodworking.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#47  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 23, 2014 3:39 pm

noahsociety wrote:
Doubtdispelled wrote:This is all starting to look remarkably familiar.....

i know, I've been here before too and its pointless. No one can win but with the passing of time i expect science to change beyond all measure and then I'll try again

We will undoubtedly all be holding our breaths in heady anticipation.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#48  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 23, 2014 3:40 pm

noahsociety wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
noahsociety wrote:
The numbers are not being used in their normal meaning but the fact remains that the maths makes sense

Mathematics is a deductive discipline that uses proof to validate its conclusions. It is the language of reality as all the laws of physics are written as such. But using it to prove the metaphysical is not what it is intended for and is therefore a misuse of its function. If mathematics could determine the existence of God then it would be absolute by default as all its proofs are

Godel?

Yodel?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#49  Postby noahsociety » Oct 23, 2014 4:44 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
noahsociety wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
noahsociety wrote:
The numbers are not being used in their normal meaning but the fact remains that the maths makes sense

Mathematics is a deductive discipline that uses proof to validate its conclusions. It is the language of reality as all the laws of physics are written as such. But using it to prove the metaphysical is not what it is intended for and is therefore a misuse of its function. If mathematics could determine the existence of God then it would be absolute by default as all its proofs are

Godel?

Yodel?

Godel
The original post used the word SIMPLISTICALLY
You all are right of course but if you destroy God and the "Concept of a perfect God" using the incorrect tool of science (see above argument about maths then you do great damage and end up with the same nonsense I got
Really atheists and theists never need to speak
noahsociety
Banned Troll

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#50  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Oct 23, 2014 4:50 pm

noahsociety wrote:

Buh-bye! :grin:
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#51  Postby redwhine » Oct 23, 2014 4:52 pm

:tinfoil:
Like BEER? ...Click here!

What do I believe?

Atheism is myth understood.
redwhine

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#52  Postby Thommo » Oct 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Out of curiousity, whose sock are you?
Thommo

Print view this post

#53  Postby noahsociety » Oct 23, 2014 5:12 pm

If you remove God from this world and destroy the notion of a perfect God using science (the wrong tool) then you will cause great damage and have been doing so. People need God in their lives If i was a theist and came on here I would doubt my own sanity (and i have heard these same comments being thrown at theists since the days of The Ponderers Guild )

So never try and use a non-metaphysical tool for dismantling God. Luckily the one reason why God will always exist, despite your efforts both consciously and sub-consciously ( your thinking has force among colleagues family friends etc) is that some of us use the right tools and fight to strip away the lies in religion to find the kernel of truth for all especially those that really do need a God. God will never die because our imagination of perfection will never let it be so
noahsociety
Banned Troll

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#54  Postby Thommo » Oct 23, 2014 5:29 pm

The quality of English you use has improved so much in so few posts. I'm impressed with your speed of assimilation. :cheers:
Thommo

Print view this post

#55  Postby noahsociety » Oct 23, 2014 5:29 pm

The original post used the word SIMPLISTICALLY
You all are right of course but if you destroy God and the "Concept of a perfect God" using the incorrect tool of science (see above argument about maths then you do great damage and end up with the same nonsense I got
noahsociety
Banned Troll

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#56  Postby Thommo » Oct 23, 2014 5:38 pm

ScholasticSpastic wrote:
noahsociety wrote:

Thommo

Print view this post

#57  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 23, 2014 5:45 pm

noahsociety wrote:If you remove God from this world and destroy the notion of a perfect God using science (the wrong tool) then you will cause great damage and have been doing so. People need God in their lives If i was a theist and came on here I would doubt my own sanity (and i have heard these same comments being thrown at theists since the days of The Ponderers Guild )

So never try and use a non-metaphysical tool for dismantling God. Luckily the one reason why God will always exist, despite your efforts both consciously and sub-consciously ( your thinking has force among colleagues family friends etc) is that some of us use the right tools and fight to strip away the lies in religion to find the kernel of truth for all especially those that really do need a God. God will never die because our imagination of perfection will never let it be so

Who exactly are you supposed to be talking to? More importantly, who exactly do you think you are?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#58  Postby Animavore » Oct 23, 2014 5:48 pm

noahsociety wrote:

God will never die because our imagination of perfection will never let it be so

The important part is that you understand that 'God' and 'perfection' are imaginary concepts.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#59  Postby noahsociety » Oct 23, 2014 6:14 pm

Thommo wrote:
ScholasticSpastic wrote:
noahsociety wrote:

About God I meant to say, touchy one
noahsociety
Banned Troll

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#60  Postby Animavore » Oct 23, 2014 6:16 pm

noahsociety wrote:
Thommo wrote:
ScholasticSpastic wrote:
noahsociety wrote:

About God I meant to say, touchy one

Thesists speak about God. Atheists criticise their ideas.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Nontheism