The Flyings Spaghetti Monster is a Tool of the Patriarchy

Atheism, secularism & freethought etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The Flyings Spaghetti Monster is a Tool of the Patriarchy

#41  Postby MisterScruffles » Aug 23, 2013 11:53 pm

tolman wrote:
MisterScruffles wrote:I think we've reached the poe threshold. A stranger reading FTB and a parody of liberal atheism would be unable to tell the difference without outside assistance.

I guess it might depend what someone understands 'liberal' to mean.

At least in the UK, it seems fairly hard to imagine 'extremist liberalism'. Here, apart from a bit of excessive politcal correctness (which is often exaggerated or made up by elements of the media), nutty right-on whining seems to historically be a province of the hard left.

However, I do think various bloggers are playing into the hands of their real opponents.

If supposed campaigners for a cause are reduced to complaining about the FSM, using what intellect and education they have to try and find every last scrap of potential problems with it, it makes it fairly easy for people who wish to conclude that they don't have anything more important to worry about to do just that, or that they are just experts at finding problems where none exist.

It's not just that. It's that a tremendous number, if not a majority, of their political efforts are spent fighting things that are so trivial, they make themselves out to look like a satire of American far-left Atheism.
MisterScruffles

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: The Flyings Spaghetti Monster is a Tool of the Patriarchy

#42  Postby DaveDodo007 » Aug 24, 2013 9:56 am

FTB 'care in the community' blogging. :what:
As long as your ideology identifies the main source of the world's ills as a definable group, it opens the world up to genocide. -Steven Pinker.
DaveDodo007
Banned Troll

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Nontheism