Mills Brothers Prophesy Comes True!!! WOW!!!

Discussions on UFOs, ghosts, myths etc.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Mills Brothers Prophesy Comes True!!! WOW!!!

#1  Postby petwo » Sep 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Think about what's happening in Florida and a certain pastor who's in the news. It's 1954 and popular singing group The Mills Brothers provide a foreshadowing of things to come. Incredibly the song actually managed to get the name correct, even better than Nostradamus' Hister for Hitler prediction.

Here's what I mean, just look at these lyrics and tell me it isn't so. I suspect the word town is probably a metaphor relating to the entire world. There are other metaphorical references that require the skill of a genuine psychic to interpret correctly. All in all quite spooky, kind of gives me the heebie-jeebies. I think there's a whole missing genre of prognosticators such as songwriters and singers that require closer investigation.

THE JONES BOY (written by Vic Mizzy & Mann Curtis)
The Mills Bros. - 1954

The whole town's talking about the Jones Boy
The Jones Boy
The Jones Boy
The whole town's talking about the Jones Boy
He acts mighty peculiar now

The whole town's saying he was a good boy
a nice boy
a swell boy
The whole town's saying he's not a well boy
He just isn't the same somehow

he hops
he jumps
so merrily over the water pumps
he stops and then
he comes to a pump and he'll jump again

the buzz is over the fences
that he's going out of his senses

The whole town's talking about the Jones boy
the poor boy
the Jones boy

But I just happen to be the Jones boy
and I happen to be in love

:roll:
I swear I'm an atheist not because I don't believe in God but because I don't believe the people who do.
petwo

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Mills Brothers Prophesy Comes True!!! WOW!!!

#2  Postby petwo » Sep 15, 2010 2:24 am

Alright, alright. I was bored. Stupid song was going through my head every time I heard Rev Jones' name on the Koran burning news. Thought I'd attempt to demonstrate how easy it is to take old writings, in this case a song, and turn it into some type of prophetic message from the past.( I dunno, can you have one from the future?). Out of curiosity has anyone ever heard of a written prophesy that predicted a future event exactly as it went down? I'm not talking about a 50/50 guess on who wins a game but an exact detailed description of actions prior to, during and after the event happened? I'm not talking shrouded in metaphor but in plain ordinary text, a play by play of how it happened.

Let's say someone predicts Christ's return. That's too easy. Why can't they give the exact date or where this will take place? It's becomes just a guess without the particulars, anybody can do that. If I had a thousand prophets in a room and asked them to write down what the world will be like in 20 years the odds are that someone will be more accurate than the others. Would this qualify that person as a prophet? Are seers just lucky guessers? Is there an art to being a successful predictor of future events?
I swear I'm an atheist not because I don't believe in God but because I don't believe the people who do.
petwo

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3  Postby gleniedee » Sep 16, 2010 2:20 am

WOW! I'm impressed!

Jones is such a rare name and the song is so specific! It must be the only song in popular music history written about some ignoramus burning a Qur'an. :naughty2:
gleniedee

Name: glen dee
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby petwo » Sep 17, 2010 2:14 am

gleniedee wrote:WOW! I'm impressed!

Jones is such a rare name and the song is so specific! It must be the only song in popular music history written about some ignoramus burning a Qur'an. :naughty2:

And over fifty years before it happened. Move over Nostradamus. Nobody is really taking a look at songwriters' ability to predict the future. There must be more :ask:
petwo

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Bud's Brain » Sep 28, 2010 1:20 pm

There's a South African 'boer' called Siener van Rensburg who made all sorts of prophecies (in Afrikaans, Siener means - a person who sees. I don't know if it actually means seer though)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siener_van_Rensburg#Visions

LIST OF PREDICTIONS

Prophecies from 1899 until his death in 1926:

Fulfilled:
* The outcome of the Boer War.
* The Great ‘Flu epidemic of 1918.
* England’s loss of all her colonies.
* Independence for Ireland.
* The atomic disaster at Chernobyl on April 26 1986.
* Lady Di’s death The divorce and tragic death of “a beautiful English Lady in a car accident who would be mourned by the whole world.”
* Civil war in Bosnia.
* Dr HF Verwoerd, former Prime Minister, will die at the hand of a close friend.
* The release of Nelson Mandela by ex-President FW de Klerk.
* The Necklace Murders by blacks against blacks
* South Africa will be governed by a black government.

Not fulfilled yet (scan the topics and read what you wish)

* Japan will be destroyed by earthquakes.

* Ethnical violence in Russia and Europe

Actually, this does seem to be in formation. Muslims in Europe already are changing the population profile. They represent a different religion and a race (Arab) within Europe. Whatever they protest about, will affect the countries they are in. I expect them to turn Europe against Israel, which has been the object of their wrath for thousands of years.

* Racial violence will explode worldwide at the turn of the century and start World War III, in which Germany and America will fight side by side.

* Laser weapons?: It is a chilling experience to read about his predictions in 1920 of this coming Third and Final War at the beginning of the 21st century when the armies of the world will use what he called “terrible electrical rays that sow death and destruction from above and below, and soak the earth in blood”.

*** This could be an EMP attack, which knocks out the electrical grid over countries.

The old prophet described the events on the battlefields of the world in such detail as though he himself had been an eye-witness.

In 1918 Rensburg prophesied:

“I see there will be a time when the whole world will be ploughed under. This will be the beginning of the Third – and last – World War and everything will be in confusion.

Then I saw a snake lying on the ploughed land. I could not see its head or tail.

Because of this decision his visions and prophecies have been preserved and have now become known throughout South Africa, and the following words are becoming part of the Afrikaner nation’s daily discussions: “‘Seer’ Van Rensburg said so….”

http://heavenawaits.wordpress.com/siener-van-rensburg-visions-of-the-future/
So many Christians, so few lions.
Bud's Brain

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Arcanyn » Sep 28, 2010 4:25 pm

gleniedee wrote:WOW! I'm impressed!

What do you mean burning the Koran? That song is clearly a prediction of Jonestown!
Never ascribe to stupidity that which is the logical consequence of malice.
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Return to Paranormal & Supernatural