Ultra-wave theory

Study matter and its motion through spacetime...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Ultra-wave theory

#1  Postby dvada191 » Oct 17, 2013 12:05 am

I stumbled across this unusual hypothesis the other day. Supposedly, the standard model is wrong, and this guy's theory is totally real and true and stuff. His hypothesis was rejected by Physical Review Letters (how unfortunate!) Sounds a bit like a pseudoscience to me (ultrawaves?), but all this physics makes my brain hurt. I was hoping the resident physicist could make sense of this... stuff.

http://ultrawavetheory.com/
"To any sufficiently ignorant person, science is indistinguishable from religion."
dvada191

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Ultra-wave theory

#2  Postby freehuman » Feb 06, 2019 11:42 am

I'm also interested in this, it appears like kook theory. Ultrawave theory, if it's wrong, what is his mistake? Looks like he built an entire theory on top of a single mistake (or more than one). Unfortunately I don't know enough physics to find his mistakes.
freehuman

Print view this post

#3  Postby Cito di Pense » Feb 06, 2019 1:29 pm

This is the way traditional religions work, too: The fact that we can't show where all their mistakes are is taken to mean that some of it must be right. I mean, you could start with the gravity principle that rocks don't roll uphill (on their own), but then somebody would ask why there are mountains at all. You could start with the principle that heat flows spontaneously from high-temperature regions to low, and then somebody would ask how air-conditioning and refrigerators work. It gets more complicated from there.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#4  Postby felltoearth » Feb 09, 2019 1:30 am

I’m more interested in Ultravox theory.

"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post