What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#3501  Postby tolman » Oct 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Please tell me that's meant to be a parody of a clueless and moronic believer with zero world experience.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

#3502  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 26, 2014 7:05 pm

:picard:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3503  Postby SafeAsMilk » Oct 26, 2014 7:31 pm

tolman wrote:Please tell me that's meant to be a parody of a clueless and moronic believer with zero world experience.

I don't believe for a second that someone posted that intending it to be taken seriously.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3504  Postby Shrunk » Oct 26, 2014 7:43 pm

tolman wrote:Please tell me that's meant to be a parody of a clueless and moronic believer with zero world experience.

If this is his YouTube channel, as seems to be the case, then I think it's probably a parody. But....
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3505  Postby tolman » Oct 26, 2014 8:10 pm

In general, what is supposed to be the point of 'parodies' which are not seemingly more than just fakes - not enlightening, funny, or even vaguely well written, and not illustrating the absurdity of a position by taking it to some untypical extreme?
Just some kind of psychological experiment?

If someone who wasn't a racist was to put on a KKK uniform and go around acting like one, would that be parody, or just trolling?
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman

Print view this post

#3506  Postby Aca » Oct 26, 2014 8:56 pm

Shrunk wrote:

If this is his YouTube channel, as seems to be the case, then I think it's probably a parody. But....

Yeah :)

The original i posted was picked up in a facebook group "from religion to Reason", so i had no idea if this was a serious post or a POE.

Considering that this guy/girl has Tim Minchin in the subscribed yourube channels, it is likely a parody.

That said, whoever followed through this thread will, as i do, find it hard to distinguish between real deal and a joke.
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#3507  Postby Aca » Oct 27, 2014 10:32 am

If all things are created by energy or rather became an animation or Energy in Action, if there was a creator would not God be not only everywhere but still creating with his energy which is so vast this universe out multiverses will expand until it merges with the unseen and implodes into a new heaven and earth

Creation Evolution debate - FB group
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#3508  Postby Aca » Oct 27, 2014 12:47 pm

Tea Party, pro life Christian, former director of the South Carolina GOP

source: http://aattp.org/pro-life-tea-party-chr ... reenshots/
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#3509  Postby tolman » Oct 27, 2014 1:03 pm

Even ignoring the other glaring impracticalities, who does this guy think would administer the tests under his protocol?

It's hard to see an explanation for him other than him actually trying to make teabaggers look bad by associating himself with them, or him being mentally disturbed (whether divorced from reality or being some kind of pathological attention whore).

It looks like he has in the past had some meaningful success as a lawyer, so he isn't (or at least, he wasn't) simply thick.
tolman

Print view this post

#3510  Postby Onyx8 » Oct 27, 2014 4:46 pm

I've known some pretty thick lawyers.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3511  Postby smudge » Oct 27, 2014 9:08 pm

tolman wrote:Even ignoring the other glaring impracticalities, who does this guy think would administer the tests under his protocol?

Well, clearly we will need to kill them once their work is done...
smudge

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3512  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 27, 2014 10:17 pm

Hitler was Catholic not Christian, there is a big difference. Now Hitler wasn't even a practicing Catholic. So he wasn't even a hardcore Catholic.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#3513  Postby PCS » Oct 28, 2014 2:13 am

I would like Todd to explain to me how "humanely putting people down" will help our fight against ebola? Can you still not get ebola from cadavers?
“Last words are for those fools who believe they have not yet said enough...” Last words of Karl Marx
PCS

Name: Patrick
Male

Print view this post

#3514  Postby tolman » Oct 28, 2014 2:49 am

And who is likely to come forward for testing, or to report that someone in their [potentially to be napalmed] village is ill.
tolman

Print view this post

#3515  Postby PCS » Oct 29, 2014 11:26 am

Just looking through the twitter feed of the above individual and came across many gems! Someone tell me this twitter account is just one of them fake parodies. Is this man for real?

“Last words are for those fools who believe they have not yet said enough...” Last words of Karl Marx
PCS

Name: Patrick
Male

Print view this post

#3516  Postby tolman » Oct 29, 2014 12:49 pm

PCS wrote:Just looking through the twitter feed of the above individual and came across many gems! Someone tell me this twitter account is just one of them fake parodies. Is this man for real?

Well, he was probably wary of being honest and saying "Who cares about a fucking n****r anyway.".
tolman

Print view this post

#3517  Postby Calilasseia » Oct 31, 2014 5:20 am

Only someone really fucked up in the head, could refer to putting a bullet in an 18 year old man as "a taxpayer funded abortion". A phrase that more aptly describes what Todd Kincannon is.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3518  Postby DougC » Nov 01, 2014 9:19 am

B.B.C. - Corinthians fans get chance to offer eternal support

Article
Brazilian football club Corinthians is to open a cemetery for supporters who want to be buried close to their favourite players
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3519  Postby Wheelspawn » Nov 03, 2014 3:50 am

Today, I heard a Sunday school teacher say that he'd be on Cloud Nine if the President joined Congress in having a daily bible study to ensure that the government's political policies aligned with the end-time prophecies of Revelation.
Ὅσον ζῇς φαίνου
μηδὲν ὅλως σὺ λυποῦ
πρὸς ὀλίγον ἐστὶ τὸ ζῆν
τὸ τέλος ὁ xρόνος ἀπαιτεῖ.

While you live, shine
have no grief at all
life exists only for a short while
and time demands its toll.

- Seikilos Epitaph
Wheelspawn

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3520  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 03, 2014 9:41 pm

Just look at each other for 10 minutes guys, with an open heart. :lol:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism