Television Shows you're currently Enjoying

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Television Shows you're currently Enjoying

#6601  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Started watching Hustle again, only watched the first season in the past, but just found out there's 8 in total.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6602  Postby MattHunX » May 21, 2015 5:34 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
MattHunX wrote:SUPERNATURAL

Seriously!? After being absent from the show, they bring Death in, just to kill him off. I doubt he's really dead.

It would be pretty asinine if he were. I mean how do you kill Death??

MattHunX wrote:A SEASON 11, then?

Fucking hell. :shock:

Looks like it.
Hopefully it won't be another story line where one the borthers has to sacrific him, while the other tries to prevent it.
Also I feel like they've completely thrown any semblance of power balance/relations out of the window.
A mere witch, no matter how powerfull, controlling not only an angel, but the king of hell as well?

What the hell is Crowley, then, really? The reddish eyes? I mean, only high level demons have non-black eyes, like the yellow-eyed cunt from the beginning. And they said Crowley was some low-rank git before they sealed Lucifer, away. So, how did he rose in the ranks? Did he gain his level of power from somewhere, or did he already possess it, but was waiting for an opportunity?
MattHunX

Print view this post

#6603  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 21, 2015 5:42 pm

MattHunX wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Seriously!? After being absent from the show, they bring Death in, just to kill him off. I doubt he's really dead.

Looks like it.
Hopefully it won't be another story line where one the borthers has to sacrific him, while the other tries to prevent it.
Also I feel like they've completely thrown any semblance of power balance/relations out of the window.
A mere witch, no matter how powerfull, controlling not only an angel, but the king of hell as well?

What the hell is Crowley, then, really? The reddish eyes? I mean, only high level demons have non-black eyes, like the yellow-eyed cunt from the beginning. And they said Crowley was some low-rank git before they sealed Lucifer, away. So, how did he rose in the ranks? Did he gain his level of power from somewhere, or did he already possess it, but was waiting for an opportunity?

Actually he's always been presented as one of the upper demons, up there with, though slightly lower than Abbadon:
http://www.supernaturalwiki.com/index.php?title=Crowley
Crowley is a demon and the current King of Hell. He is formerly the King of the Crossroads[3] and right-hand man of the first demon and then-de facto ruler of Hell, Lilith[4].
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6604  Postby MattHunX » May 21, 2015 5:47 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
MattHunX wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Looks like it.

Actually he's always been presented as one of the upper demons, up there with, though slightly lower than Abbadon:
Crowley is a demon and the current King of Hell. He is formerly the King of the Crossroads[3] and right-hand man of the first demon and then-de facto ruler of Hell, Lilith[4].

Hmm...still a bit weird, how he doesn't display his power much, as far as I can remember.
MattHunX

Print view this post

#6605  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 21, 2015 6:18 pm

Watched the first episode of Daredevil, very much enjoyed it. Might finally be getting into this character! Which is awesome, because I always wanted to.

Think I might be done with SHIELD, though. The humor and dialogue is really juvenile in a way that's starting to annoy the crap out of me. I think it's also why I can't enjoy most of Joss Whedon's stuff. Not that everything needs to be dark, serious and adult for me (DEFINITELY not), but there's something about this stuff that just seems too easy and obvious.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#6606  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 21, 2015 7:16 pm

MattHunX wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
MattHunX wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Looks like it.

Hmm...still a bit weird, how he doesn't display his power much, as far as I can remember.

The last season or two his entire role in the story has been that of a passive, bored king, that's why I guess.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6607  Postby Spinozasgalt » May 22, 2015 8:38 am

felltoearth wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:Well, Mad Men is over now. I have no idea what to say.

I found the ending satisfying.

And Betty

I guess someone had to get lung cancer on that show

I'm still digesting it. I liked the style with which it left us, but something was missing that I thought ought to have been put in: the very first episode (Smoke Gets In Your Eyes) features this moment where Peggy and Don touch hands, a gesture that's repeated with a different context in what is almost the exact middle of the series (The Suitcase) - I would've liked that to feature in the final episode. Or perhaps some sort of nod to it. I understand that the distance between the two would've made it impossible though.

Joan's and Roger's endings were probably the most satisfying while I was watching. And Sally turned into a decent young woman, despite the family life that seemed to make it difficult.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#6608  Postby aban57 » May 22, 2015 10:03 am

Arrow's season finale almost felt like a serie finale, if it wasn't for the apparent death of Palmer. Which makes at least 2 dead caracters appearing in the future DC's Legends of Tomorrow.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#6609  Postby aban57 » May 22, 2015 10:44 am

Imdb's plot for Legends of Tomorrow :
When heroes alone are not enough... the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat - one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?

Looks like time-travel will save the dead :)
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#6610  Postby Mazille » May 22, 2015 11:42 am

So, the pilot episode for Supergirl has been made... uhm... available. Anybody watched it yet?
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#6611  Postby aban57 » May 22, 2015 11:52 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Talk about cliffhanger ending in The Flash.

Just finished watching it. The last images showed some characters of the future TV show, and Wells mention its main character. I guess the first episode of Flash season 2 will serve as an opening for Legends of Tomorrow episode 1.
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#6612  Postby MattHunX » May 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
MattHunX wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
MattHunX wrote:

The last season or two his entire role in the story has been that of a passive, bored king, that's why I guess.

Mark Sheppard's mug, though. Every time I see him...in anything, I think, fucking Crowley. He doesn't even have to make a face, just raise a brow and it's there. I don't know how they do a scene, but I'd be cracking up. I'd open a door and he'd stand there, just looking at me and CUT! :lol:
MattHunX

Print view this post

#6613  Postby MattHunX » May 22, 2015 12:55 pm

aban57 wrote:Arrow's season finale almost felt like a serie finale, if it wasn't for the apparent death of Palmer. Which makes at least 2 dead caracters appearing in the future DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

Well, Palmer cannot possibly be dead, he has to become the Atom.

Atom.

Not fucking A.T.O.M. I'm so annoyed with these abbreviations, even for names that weren't abbreviations. It's just fucking Atom, 'cause he can shrink to be the size of one. No need to go S.H.I.E.L.D. on it. :roll:
MattHunX

Print view this post

#6614  Postby aban57 » May 22, 2015 3:56 pm

MattHunX wrote:
aban57 wrote:Arrow's season finale almost felt like a serie finale, if it wasn't for the apparent death of Palmer. Which makes at least 2 dead caracters appearing in the future DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

Atom.

Not fucking A.T.O.M. I'm so annoyed with these abbreviations, even for names that weren't abbreviations. It's just fucking Atom, 'cause he can shrink to be the size of one. No need to go S.H.I.E.L.D. on it. :roll:

So how come the first Canary is set to appear in Legend of Tomorrow's first episode ? She's been dead for a while, dead character don't seem to bother them too much. And since the main character is a time-traveler....
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#6615  Postby MattHunX » May 22, 2015 6:25 pm

aban57 wrote:
MattHunX wrote:

Atom.

So how come the first Canary is set to appear in Legend of Tomorrow's first episode ? She's been dead for a while, dead character don't seem to bother them too much. And since the main character is a time-traveler....

Uh...

*checks* Legend of Tomorrow

'Cause I don't even know what the fuck this is. :eh:
MattHunX

Print view this post

#6616  Postby MattHunX » May 23, 2015 1:14 pm

3/4 of a way through the pilot of SUPERGIRL.

It's going a bit too fast. But, it's...actually not bad. :)

Needless to say my penchant for femslash kicked in, even though Kara and Alex are like sisters. But, still...

I'm already hating the romance in it. And there wasn't even any, yet. Mostly because it'll be with some dude. Ugh.
MattHunX

Print view this post

#6617  Postby aban57 » May 27, 2015 5:22 pm

Watched Dollhouse during the last couple days. It's really an original show, including the way it's told (half of the epitaph at the end of each season).
Many actors from the Whedon-verse, sharp dialogs as always. And I LOVE Topher :)
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#6618  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 31, 2015 7:41 am

MattHunX wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
MattHunX wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Mark Sheppard's mug, though. Every time I see him...in anything, I think, fucking Crowley. He doesn't even have to make a face, just raise a brow and it's there. I don't know how they do a scene, but I'd be cracking up. I'd open a door and he'd stand there, just looking at me and CUT! :lol:

Everytime I see him, I think Canton Everett Delaware III;
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6619  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 31, 2015 7:55 am

aban57 wrote:Watched Dollhouse during the last couple days. It's really an original show, including the way it's told (half of the epitaph at the end of each season).
Many actors from the Whedon-verse, sharp dialogs as always. And I LOVE Topher :)

Just started watching this to. Kept thinking, where do I know the main character from?
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6620  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 31, 2015 8:32 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
MattHunX wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
MattHunX wrote:

Everytime I see him, I think Canton Everett Delaware III;

Awesome, he's in Dollhouse to.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV