Security Guard arrested for removing man from women’s toilet

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Security Guard arrested for removing man from women’s toilet

#41  Postby felltoearth » May 27, 2016 5:07 am

Ven. Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
Rachel Bronwyn wrote:Lol.

One of your most intelligent posts yet.

Cartoons tend to get laughed at, at least if one has a sense of humor.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#42  Postby crank » May 27, 2016 5:17 am

I'm With Stupid wrote:And to my knowledge, there's not a vast number of incidents of gay people perving in public bathrooms.

I'm not sure what the definition of perving is. Gays and public restrooms have a rich history of perving in a variety of ways. From graffiti to glory holes and beyond. I'd imagine a great deal of this is gone, the need isn't there to anywhere near the levels of yesterdays. Pretty much none of it would include the things the aholes are thinking, not really. Mainly it was a means of hooking up, and was restricted to the understood restrooms. Remember the 'wide stance' family values guy.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#43  Postby purplerat » May 27, 2016 6:00 am

gay, straight or whatever it's fairly rare that sexual assaults happen in public bathrooms or locker rooms. And not for lack of opportunity. It wouldn't take much effort for a big strong would be sexual assaulter to isolate a weaker victim in a public bathroom. And since the isolation would be the key to any such attack it's really barely any more effort whether bathrooms are open to everybody nor strictly segregated. But such attacks don't seem to happen too much. I suspect that it's because public bathrooms are a poor place to stage such an assault and letting people use whichever bathroom doesn't really change that.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#44  Postby crank » May 27, 2016 7:59 am

I'm not really arguing with what you say, I just want to note that there really are lots of public restrooms that are rarely visited, some always, some depending on time of day or season, e.g., park restrooms. None of this matters, assailants aren't stopped by gender signs.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#45  Postby Briton » May 27, 2016 8:13 am

purplerat wrote:
Ven. Kwan Tam Woo wrote:
purplerat wrote:
Ven. Kwan Tam Woo wrote:

In other words, you expect taxpayers and small businesses to pay through the nose so that a tiny minority of people can have slightly more scope to indulge in their identity disorders?

Maybe we could tax churches to pay for it, and more. A lot more.

Or maybe we could exclusively tax you and your fellow neo-Marxists to pay for it, seeing as you're the ones who are are so keen on the idea.

Marxist? huh?

I just figure that since the argument against providing for trans people is that it's a silly nonsensical thing that if we do it that we take from other silly nonsensical people who currently receive massive tax advantages over the rest of us.

When you're on the extreme right, everybody else is a 'neo-marxist'; or so it seems.
Briton

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#46  Postby logical bob » May 27, 2016 12:30 pm

kiore wrote:I don't even understand why unisex toilets not just the norm, we accept them in our homes after all.

According to the females in my family the issue isn't the threat of ogling or assault, it's a perception that male toilets are smellier, less clean and generally not as pleasant to use. For obvious reasons I haven't had the opportunity to check this out in detail, but from the observations I have made I think it may often be true. In many places the male toilet is somewhat malodorous even from outside the door, which is rarely the case with the female toilet. So a move to unisex toilets might well improve male facilities in the same way that swimming pool changing rooms got better.
logical bob

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#47  Postby proudfootz » May 27, 2016 12:45 pm

I guess if the more-government folks who want to enforce toilet segregation rules have their way, we'll soon have airport-long lines at every toilet while TSA (Toilet Security Administration) frisk people (adults and children) and check their IDs before they can enter the facilities.

America just gets more Freedom every day! :drunk:
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#48  Postby logical bob » May 27, 2016 12:46 pm

Ven. Kwan Tam Woo wrote:Which means the neo-Marxists can drop this ridiculous moral crusade and concentrate their efforts on getting pedophilia recognized as a legitimate sexual orientation instead :cheers:

Somebody trip-trapping over your bridge?
logical bob

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

#49  Postby purplerat » May 27, 2016 1:40 pm

logical bob wrote:
kiore wrote:I don't even understand why unisex toilets not just the norm, we accept them in our homes after all.

According to the females in my family the issue isn't the threat of ogling or assault, it's a perception that male toilets are smellier, less clean and generally not as pleasant to use. For obvious reasons I haven't had the opportunity to check this out in detail, but from the observations I have made I think it may often be true. In many places the male toilet is somewhat malodorous even from outside the door, which is rarely the case with the female toilet. So a move to unisex toilets might well improve male facilities in the same way that swimming pool changing rooms got better.

In my experience the women's is just as bad if not worse. I played a lot of sports in high school and when we'd visit another school typically we would use their girls locker room and they were always disgusting. I'm not shy about using the women's room if the men's is occupied or out of order for some reason. I've never observed them being particularly more clean unless it's a place where the women's room is infrequently used to begin with.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#50  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 27, 2016 1:42 pm

Women's washrooms are no better. They stink. Far more diapers and feminine hygiene products are changed in them!
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#51  Postby purplerat » May 27, 2016 1:43 pm

crank wrote:I'm not really arguing with what you say, I just want to note that there really are lots of public restrooms that are rarely visited, some always, some depending on time of day or season, e.g., park restrooms. None of this matters, assailants aren't stopped by gender signs.

:thumbup: I didn't think you were arguing against my point. I was more just following from what you said. And your right there are public restrooms that would certainly be risky and a "Women Only!" sign isn't a magic anti-rape force field.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#52  Postby purplerat » May 27, 2016 4:43 pm

All the more reason why we need unisex bathrooms:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/26/maniac-attacks-dad-with-daughter-in-men-s-room-at-walmart.html

TBH, I'm way more worried about the kind of attack in this story and the security guard in the OP than I am of a sexual predator. At least the sexual predators try to stay in the shadows so you can make reasonable decisions to try and avoid them. These assholes who have a cause to attack you over will gladly do it anywhere and everywhere.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#53  Postby proudfootz » May 27, 2016 10:07 pm

All the hoopla in the news feeds will only encourage vigilantes to start attacking women who don't seem 'feminine' enough to use the correct toilet.

A Detroit woman has filed a lawsuit against restaurant chain Fishbone's after a frightening incident in which she was mistaken for a man and tossed out of a women's bathroom, reports TV station WXYZ.

Cortney Bogorad wears her hair cropped short and is cisgender, meaning she is not a trans woman.

She said after dinner, at 11 p.m. on January 23, she entered the restroom at Fishbone's Rhythm City Cafe. She heard a voice yelling from outside — apparently from a security guard — that "whatever man is in the restroom needs to come out now." Bogorad said she ignored him because she did not realize she was the "man" the guard sought.

This is when the situation got scary, said Bogorad.

The guard allegedly entered the bathroom yelling, "This is a woman's bathroom, if you are a man, come out!" and pulled Bogorad by the arms out of the stall when she opened its door. She said he then pushed her up against the wall, saying "boys aren't allowed in this restroom," according to the Detroit Free Press.

"He was much bigger than me, at least three times my size," Bogorad told WXYZ. In her lawsuit, she explained that she and a friend informed the man repeatedly that she was a woman, and offered to show her legal identification stating that she was female, but the guard refused to see it, instead shouting inches from her face, "Get out of the women's restroom!"

According to Bogorad, the guard then pushed her out of the bathroom where she saw a person she thought might be a restaurant manager. When Bogorad tried to explain to the man that she was a woman and show him her ID, she said he, too, ignored her efforts to prove her identity.

The guard allegedly then took his security badge, and holding it just inches from Bogorad's face, yelled that he was a security guard.

When Bogorad pushed the badge away, that's when she said the guard picked her up "against my will" by the shirt and bra. He then "aggressively" pushed her to the restaurant's front door, exposing her "upper torso" to other customers, and threw her out of the restaurant onto the street outside, causing physical injuries, Bogorad said.

http://www.advocate.com/business/2015/0 ... g-man-sues
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#54  Postby crank » May 27, 2016 11:12 pm

One of the more frightening spectacles, extreme righteous, ignorant rage.
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#55  Postby Spinozasgalt » May 28, 2016 12:02 am

Even presenting as "feminine" wasn't enough in Belcher's case. It's been a smart enterprise, I must say: create a culture of fear around women entering bathrooms so that they feel safe.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#56  Postby purplerat » May 28, 2016 12:12 am

proudfootz wrote:All the hoopla in the news feeds will only encourage vigilantes to start attacking women who don't seem 'feminine' enough to use the correct toilet.

A Detroit woman has filed a lawsuit against restaurant chain Fishbone's after a frightening incident in which she was mistaken for a man and tossed out of a women's bathroom, reports TV station WXYZ.

Cortney Bogorad wears her hair cropped short and is cisgender, meaning she is not a trans woman.

She said after dinner, at 11 p.m. on January 23, she entered the restroom at Fishbone's Rhythm City Cafe. She heard a voice yelling from outside — apparently from a security guard — that "whatever man is in the restroom needs to come out now." Bogorad said she ignored him because she did not realize she was the "man" the guard sought.

This is when the situation got scary, said Bogorad.

The guard allegedly entered the bathroom yelling, "This is a woman's bathroom, if you are a man, come out!" and pulled Bogorad by the arms out of the stall when she opened its door. She said he then pushed her up against the wall, saying "boys aren't allowed in this restroom," according to the Detroit Free Press.

"He was much bigger than me, at least three times my size," Bogorad told WXYZ. In her lawsuit, she explained that she and a friend informed the man repeatedly that she was a woman, and offered to show her legal identification stating that she was female, but the guard refused to see it, instead shouting inches from her face, "Get out of the women's restroom!"

According to Bogorad, the guard then pushed her out of the bathroom where she saw a person she thought might be a restaurant manager. When Bogorad tried to explain to the man that she was a woman and show him her ID, she said he, too, ignored her efforts to prove her identity.

The guard allegedly then took his security badge, and holding it just inches from Bogorad's face, yelled that he was a security guard.

When Bogorad pushed the badge away, that's when she said the guard picked her up "against my will" by the shirt and bra. He then "aggressively" pushed her to the restaurant's front door, exposing her "upper torso" to other customers, and threw her out of the restaurant onto the street outside, causing physical injuries, Bogorad said.

http://www.advocate.com/business/2015/0 ... g-man-sues

Not that I want to see anybody assaulted like that but I hope the victims in these cases are suing the shit out of these businesses as well as the states passing these laws which make restrooms unsafe.

If these fucknuts can't identify a woman who may just not look very feminine what the hell is going to happen when a trans man is forced to use a woman's bathroom because of these laws? No doubt the more manly the victim looks the worse the violence will be.
purplerat

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs