Convert Me To Christianity

I need my Salvation now!

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Convert Me To Christianity

#161  Postby dogsgod » Mar 28, 2017 10:36 pm

BlackBart wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:Just because you can't prove or disprove something doesn't mean it has a 50/50 chance :picard:

I can't prove or disprove that my ticket for next weeks lottery is the winner, therefore the chance of me winning the lottery is 50/50! :awesome:

:teef:

I agree with of both you.
dogsgod

Print view this post

#162  Postby PensivePenny » Apr 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Dark energy wrote:
There is no Ploughing Fields in afterlife,just eat,drink,sleep,sex,no disease,no tiredness,no boredom,it is a theoritical everlasting eternal state of highs.

So, the only activities in the after life are?
1)eat
2)drink
3)sleep
4)sex
5)no disease
6)no tiredness
7)no boredom

The first 3 are all necessities for physical bodies. Why would these be fun things to do on a saturday night if you don't have a body with needs that require satiation?

Number 4, sex... well, I same as above, but I thought it deserved its own response. The "feel good" from sex ensures we procreate... meaning, we spawn new physical bodies for habitation by a presumed soul. Tell me, does the population continue to grow in the afterlife as a result of procreation? If so, how does that work? Frankly, I see sex in an afterlife without physical bodies to be even more pointless than the proverbial tits on a hog.

No. 5? No disease?? We have no physical bodies... so DUH! That's like saying, "As a bonus for spending your vacation at Disney World, you won't be home!"

6 and 7? No tiredness or boredom? Then why the fuck would SLEEPING be a fun activity in the afterlife???? Depression, maybe?

Eat is desirable only to the hungry,
Drink is desirable only to the thirsty,
Sleep is desirable only to the tired,
No disease is desirable to any physical body,
and Sex is desirable only to those who aren't getting any...

Sounds like the afterlife is just a place promising your basic run-of-the-mill life for those unaware they could have had that right here on earth with the one and only life they are known to actually have. So busy worrying about a non-existent afterlife, they forget to live this one.
Evolution saddens me. In an environment where irrational thinking is protected, the disparity in the population rate of creationists vs that of rational thinkers, equates to a creationist win. Let's remove warning labels from products as an equalizer.
PensivePenny

Name: Penny
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#163  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 21, 2017 2:44 pm

Sounds boring.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#164  Postby PensivePenny » Apr 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Sounds boring.

We've been assured there will be no boredom. It's all disco balls and bacon... but without the music ... and without the pork. :mrgreen:
Evolution saddens me. In an environment where irrational thinking is protected, the disparity in the population rate of creationists vs that of rational thinkers, equates to a creationist win. Let's remove warning labels from products as an equalizer.
PensivePenny

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#165  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Very boring. I had all that and sex till I could not face it anymore. It is not paradise I can assure you (as Billy Connolly said).

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#166  Postby PensivePenny » Apr 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:Very boring. I had all that and sex till I could not face it anymore. It is not paradise I can assure you (as Billy Connolly said).

I won't argue your point. For me, the more detestable thing is the notion of spending eternity surrounded by those who DO consider it to be paradise! (violent shudder).
PensivePenny

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#167  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 21, 2017 5:52 pm

PensivePenny wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:Very boring. I had all that and sex till I could not face it anymore. It is not paradise I can assure you (as Billy Connolly said).

I won't argue your point. For me, the more detestable thing is the notion of spending eternity surrounded by those who DO consider it to be paradise! (violent shudder).

Definitely.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#168  Postby tuco » Apr 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Just a side note, as far as I am aware there is no choice. Ploughing fields.
tuco

Print view this post

#169  Postby Manticore » Apr 21, 2017 6:56 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
PensivePenny wrote:

Definitely.

I'll drink to that.
The existence of just one racist is proof that there exists at least one person who could be reasonably classified as sub-human.
Manticore

Tanzania (tz)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Christianity