IT'S A MIRACLE!

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the cross...

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: IT'S A MIRACLE!

#21  Postby John Platko » Mar 12, 2018 4:10 pm

newolder wrote:
John Platko wrote:
newolder wrote:^ When they "substantially alter the statue', what are they going to do? Put his cock on display?

:scratch: I have no idea what their plans are for the good lay brother's loaf. Given his skills, perhaps it will appear miraculously levitating bilocationally. ...

Then why are you against the statue's erection in the first place?

It's just not cool for St Martin de Porres to be stepping on the shoes of St. Foutin. :nono:

from

Saint Foutin was a syncretic amalgam of Priapus with Pothinus, a figure of uncertain historicity alleged by Irenaeus to have been the first bishop of Lyon. The similarity of the name Pothinus and the Old French verb foutre led to linguistic assimilation; the name Foutin may have originated from "foutre", which meant "to fuck", but it may also have been an intentionally altered version of Pothinus' name.[1]

He was believed to have an influence in restoring fertility to barren women and vigor and virility to impotent men. At Varailles in Provence, waxen images of the members of both sexes were offered to St. Foutin, and suspended to the ceiling of his chapel. Pierre de L'Estoile commented that, as the ceiling was covered with them, when the wind blew them about, it produced an effect which was calculated to much disturb the devotions of the worshippers.[2]

At a church in Embrun there was a large phallus said to be a relic of St. Foutin. The worshippers were in the habit of offering wine to this deity, as a libation (the wine was poured over the head of the organ); a sacred vessel underneath caught the wine, which was then called holy vinegar, and believed to be an efficacious remedy in cases of sterility, impotence, or want of virility.[3] When Protestants conquered Embrun in 1585, they reported that the relic's head was reddened from the wine.

Of course, it goes without saying, all saints are venerated members of the church.
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#22  Postby newolder » Mar 12, 2018 4:31 pm

John Platko wrote:
newolder wrote:
John Platko wrote:
newolder wrote:^ When they "substantially alter the statue', what are they going to do? Put his cock on display?

:scratch: I have no idea what their plans are for the good lay brother's loaf. Given his skills, perhaps it will appear miraculously levitating bilocationally. ...

Then why are you against the statue's erection in the first place?

It's just not cool for St Martin de Porres to be stepping on the shoes of St. Foutin. :nono:

I don't know (or care about) either of those named individuals. There's a statue of a guy giving a bit of bread to a junior. It would be miraculous if the kid ate the bread and they both walked away. You seem to be reading way too much into this stonework.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#23  Postby laklak » Mar 14, 2018 7:30 pm

miracle.jpg
miracle.jpg (42.13 KiB) Viewed 1875 times
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#24  Postby monkeyboy » Mar 14, 2018 11:36 pm

And there's this year's easter desktop for my work pc
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Christianity