What's going on with the league of reason?

forums seem down

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: What's going on with the league of reason?

#21  Postby campermon » Jan 03, 2020 4:45 pm

:thumbup:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#22  Postby jamest » Jan 04, 2020 3:32 am

Reason is a philosophical tool. Any cuntz who abuse that concept to promote atheism/science, deserve such a demise. Period.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 04, 2020 3:57 am

jamest wrote:Reason is a philosophical tool. Any cuntz who abuse that concept to promote atheism/science, deserve such a demise. Period.

Good luck with that. I'll warn the edifice of the methodological process of knowledge acquisition that you'll soon be flailing at it with the wet noodles of uninspected and outdated beliefs.

And, of course, no reading comprehension on your part: there has been no demise other than the belief in your God.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#24  Postby jamest » Jan 04, 2020 4:50 am

Spearthrower wrote:
jamest wrote:Reason is a philosophical tool. Any cuntz who abuse that concept to promote atheism/science, deserve such a demise. Period.

Good luck with that. I'll warn the edifice of the methodological process of knowledge acquisition that you'll soon be flailing at it with the wet noodles of uninspected and outdated beliefs.

And, of course, no reading comprehension on your part: there has been no demise other than the belief in your God.

You're quite amusing, on the quiet.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 10, 2020 9:32 am

Rumraket wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Any luck yet? I sent them a mail 5 mins after writing the above.

Nope, nothing seems to have changed so far, I'm still met with the "you have been banned" screen.

Should be reinstated now.

Seems like the transition to the new server reinstated a suspension you received many years ago!

See? I was right!

You're such a naughty boy, Bumcrack!

:grin:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#26  Postby Hermit » Jan 10, 2020 9:37 am

I had a look at that forum yesterday and found out that nothing is going on with the league of reason? At least no this year. The latest post is dated 31 Dec 2019. That post, and the previous five, were submitted by the forum's administrator.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#27  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 10, 2020 9:49 am

The site was down for months, then a brand new site with different address was brought online and the prior forum copied over - but no one was actually notified. So prior members were never told about it meaning that basically no one who was there prior has posted on the new site, and there weren't that many members before either.

Basically, it's now Aron Ra's webforum - it's where he brings the religious science-deniers to engage them in longer conversation format. It's never going to be a high traffic site.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#28  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 10, 2020 11:25 am

jamest wrote:Reason is a philosophical tool.

Just what is called for when cutting or shaping imaginary wood, metal, plastic, or ceramic. Purpose is everything.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 18, 2020 7:59 am

Spearthrower wrote:
Rumraket wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:Any luck yet? I sent them a mail 5 mins after writing the above.

Nope, nothing seems to have changed so far, I'm still met with the "you have been banned" screen.

Should be reinstated now.

And ironically, I've ended up unable to post there as I now have a message come up at the tail end of every thread saying...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

And the conversation I was having with the site admin We Are Borg no longer lets me reply to it!

:doh:

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#30  Postby Nesslig 20 » Jul 19, 2020 3:30 pm

Is the league of reason down again!?

I can't open it.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
- Charles Darwin
Nesslig 20

Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Discussion