Software Rebellion

The ultimate Mark of Freedom

on fundamental matters such as existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind and ethics.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Software Rebellion

#1  Postby jamest » Feb 25, 2020 3:37 am

I've finally figured it out. I've personally been watching people looking for a spark of God in them, where all I could find was robots spouting out matras from previously discontinued models.

I visited Bicester Village on Sunday. Never heard of it before but I've moved to Oxfordshire and recently discovered it's where the rich go for shop heaven. Even many tourists, apparently, which is why I found out about it because apparently this Chinese-virus thingy has resulted in much fewer sales. I would never have guessed that given the number of people I saw there on Sunday!

Name a brand, from Gucci to whatever, and it's apparently there. Okay, I'm probably wrong about that because what I know about fashion could be written upon the back of a stamp. Though it seems to me if you visit there and are the kind of guy/gal looking to spend $1000 on a jacket or a pair of shoes, you'll like the place.

For years I've been looking to explain this that or the other to the members here and elsewhere. No success, you'll be glad to hear. And I must also confess to becoming disillusioned, but what I never really accounted for over the years is that you're all slaves to your genetic and cultural upbringing.

The bottom-line is that you don't have to accept any 'truth' about who you are are or how you are supposed to behave. That's precisely why philosophy is important.

Anyone who questions their apparent software, as we do, highlights the fact that we're not robots.

Never forget that no part of your heritage/culture prohibits you from rejecting it, as many have.

In other words, software rebellionists is what we ultimately are!!!
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: Software Rebellion

#2  Postby Fenrir » Feb 25, 2020 4:01 am

Economy tip: you can probably use the same stamp that has your philosophy knowledge on it.
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Thommo » Feb 25, 2020 4:35 am

Fenrir wrote:Economy tip: you can probably use the same stamp that has your philosophy knowledge on it.

Have you noticed how materialistic these threads have got lately? The last four that I've noticed are: I watched a Jason Statham movie, I want to get rich quick, I went to an Italian restaurant and fretted over the bill and I went to a discount shopping centre.

I often imagine that other forum posters do these things as well, but just don't start threads about it.
Thommo

Print view this post

#4  Postby Fallible » Feb 25, 2020 10:59 am

Or try to turn it into another sermon about some badly sketched ‘revelation’ that we must ‘never forget’.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Sendraks » Feb 25, 2020 11:18 am

Pro-tip: shoving 'ultimate' in front of a proposition doesn't make it so.

Instead, have a discussion about the idea proposed and then from that, determine how ultimate it is or not. Rather than assume your position is grandiose and then be forced to roll back from it.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#6  Postby tuco » Feb 25, 2020 11:46 am

Except that you "figured" it out before, jamest.

jamest wrote:

[snip]

My message here funadamentally amounts to not wasting your lives being the fucking victim/mug of any culture. Otherwise, at the end of the day you're just going to be yet another muppet who achieved nothing other than sustaining the status quo of giving life to the mental disease of culture.

Seek yourself within yourself, not the eyes into and of the world.

[snip]

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/philo ... 55957.html
tuco

Print view this post

#7  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 25, 2020 1:09 pm

For years I've been looking to explain this that or the other to the members here and elsewhere. No success, you'll be glad to hear. And I must also confess to becoming disillusioned, but what I never really accounted for over the years is that you're all slaves to your genetic and cultural upbringing.

But not you, eh James - you're special.

And how do we know that? Because you can't stop fucking going on about how fucking special you are.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#8  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Feb 25, 2020 1:41 pm

NO BOOT FILE FOUND

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
theropod_V_2.0

Name: R.A.

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to Philosophy