US administrations misled the people

on Afghanistan, according to new report

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: US administrations misled the people

#21  Postby Cito di Pense » Dec 24, 2019 7:37 am

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:I mean, look: Another administration misled the people. It's what administrations do.

Well great then! Carry on! Business as usual! Let the rich and powerful keep running the country and lying to the people in order to pad their own pockets! Jolly good!

What do you want me to do? Boycott grapes? You know fuck-all about me and my efforts against or in support of the "rich and powerful". I'm just making fun of rant-threads about "US administrations" carrying on in obscure little internet forums in which most of the membership live nowhere fucking near the US. You're bitching about what somebody said in Nowheresville, where we are, and which implies a model of politics to which I do not subscribe.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#22  Postby Fallible » Dec 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Oh, is that what you’re doing? :lol:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#23  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Feb 21, 2020 5:35 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:I mean, look: Another administration misled the people. It's what administrations do.

Well great then! Carry on! Business as usual! Let the rich and powerful keep running the country and lying to the people in order to pad their own pockets! Jolly good!

What do you want me to do? Boycott grapes? You know fuck-all about me and my efforts against or in support of the "rich and powerful". I'm just making fun of rant-threads about "US administrations" carrying on in obscure little internet forums in which most of the membership live nowhere fucking near the US. You're bitching about what somebody said in Nowheresville, where we are, and which implies a model of politics to which I do not subscribe.

It sounded like you were OK with this. That you think that it's a necessary part of running a government.
WayOfTheDodo

Name: Raphus Cucullatus

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#24  Postby laklak » Feb 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Don't know if it's necessary, but it's pretty common among the governments I've seen.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Cito di Pense » Feb 21, 2020 8:55 pm

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
It sounded like you were OK with this. That you think that it's a necessary part of running a government.

What would it sound like if I weren't "OK with this"?

Business as usual! Let the rich and powerful keep running the country and lying to the people in order to pad their own pockets!

What should I do to stop the rich and powerful from running the country? Publish whiny little antifa rants in some obscure corner of the internet? Spew innuendo about someone else's "being OK with it" if they don't hop on my bandwagon? I'm not uninformed, if that's what you mean:

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#26  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Feb 25, 2020 7:50 pm

Antifa? WTF are you talking about?
WayOfTheDodo

Name: Raphus Cucullatus

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Cito di Pense » Feb 25, 2020 8:16 pm

WayOfTheDodo wrote:Antifa? WTF are you talking about?

If you knew what you were talking about, it would be a little easier for you to understand what I'm talking about.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Why are you changing the subject? We were talking about mean people on Twitter.

See what I mean? If you knew what you were talking about, it would be a little easier for you to understand what Hermit is talking about.

You don't care to understand what anyone else is talking about. You're just shouting what you think is your message into what you think is a megaphone.

WayOfTheDodo wrote:

If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't confuse yourself into suggesting that because somebody doesn't tag along to your megaphone party, they're actually supporting what you imagine you're ranting against.

Cito di Pense

Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs