Language Police

to "lead healthy conversations"

For discussion of politics, and what's going on in the world today.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Language Police

#621  Postby GrahamH » Feb 10, 2020 9:30 am

Cito di Pense wrote:
GrahamH wrote:What were you saying about dwindling "pinkness"?

There are virulent racists, Graham, they are not committing "microaggression", and they are not being abetted by people who you and other say do commit such imaginary offenses. Find somebody else's chain to yank, if you want to quotemine my posts.

If you feel offended by what you perceive as a "quotemine" maybe you should do something about it to "accept it easily".
Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post

#622  Postby Cito di Pense » Feb 10, 2020 9:33 am

GrahamH wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
GrahamH wrote:What were you saying about dwindling "pinkness"?

There are virulent racists, Graham, they are not committing "microaggression", and they are not being abetted by people who you and other say do commit such imaginary offenses. Find somebody else's chain to yank, if you want to quotemine my posts.

If you feel offended by what you perceive as a "quotemine" maybe you should do something about it to "accept it easily".

I accept it fine, Graham. You don't have anything to say, so this is the road you've chosen to go down. Make your case, or fuck off with avoiding the points that others are making to you.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#623  Postby Fallible » Feb 10, 2020 9:35 am

Cito di Pense wrote:
GrahamH wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
GrahamH wrote:

Untrue. This applied to anyone who feels they belong in the place they reside

So, then, this is about people who "feel" they belong. They belong, by rights granted to citizens by birth, and immigrants belong wherever they are granted residence. People cannot be compelled to recognize every nuance of somebody's feelings of belonging, and this whole long circus is about the psychological torment inflicted by people who have no interest in wacky buzzwords like "microaggression". No one is entitled to feel offended, Graham, but feeling offended is all "microaggression" is about.

What? Of course they are, what a silly thing to say.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#624  Postby Cito di Pense » Feb 10, 2020 9:38 am

Fallible wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
GrahamH wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:

Untrue. This applied to anyone who feels they belong in the place they reside

So, then, this is about people who "feel" they belong. They belong, by rights granted to citizens by birth, and immigrants belong wherever they are granted residence. People cannot be compelled to recognize every nuance of somebody's feelings of belonging, and this whole long circus is about the psychological torment inflicted by people who have no interest in wacky buzzwords like "microaggression". No one is entitled to feel offended, Graham, but feeling offended is all "microaggression" is about.

What? Of course they are, what a silly thing to say.

Hee hee. :cheers:
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Amir Bagatelle
Male

Ukraine (ua)
Print view this post

#625  Postby GrahamH » Feb 10, 2020 9:43 am

Cito di Pense wrote:
I accept it fine, Graham.... Make your case, or fuck off with avoiding the points that others are making to you.

It doesn't look like it. If the "points" you are making aren't utter crap then take your own advice. You have some work to do on your attitude.
Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post

#626  Postby GrahamH » Feb 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Caution, you might find this triggering.
Stanford Psychologists talking about race.

Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post

#627  Postby GrahamH » Feb 20, 2020 3:22 pm

A variant from David Starkey, trying to boast about Britishness and making a fool of himself.:

Plain as anything he looks a the other guest's face and sees an African instead of a Londoner.

The comments on that video reveal how wrong Starkey is. Very sad.
Why do you think that?
GrahamH

Print view this post

#628  Postby Tracer Tong » Feb 27, 2020 12:30 pm

I didn't see anything wrong with what he said. Actually, his point was quite a thoughtful one, even if I'm not sure I could agree with it.
Die Alten sind weder die Juden, noch die Christen, noch die Engländer der Poesie. Sie sind nicht ein willkürlich auserwähltes Kunstvolk Gottes; noch haben sie den alleinseligmachenden Schönheitsglauben; noch besitzen sie ein Dichtungsmonopol.
Tracer Tong

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to News, Politics & Current Affairs